💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Adele

Cheap thrills

Favourite Album?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourtie Adele Album?

Featured Posts

Cheap thrills

adele-25-packshot.jpg

25 debuted at number one in more than 25 markets and broke first-week sales records in the United Kingdom and United States. In the US, the album sold 3.38 million copies in its first week of release, marking the largest single-week sales for an album since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991. 25 eventually became the world's best-selling album of 2015 with 17.4 million copies sold within the year, and has since sold 19 million copies globally.

Track listing

Spoiler

1. Hello

2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

3. I Miss You

4. When We Were Young

5. Remedy

6. Water Under The Bridge

7. River Lea

8. Love In The Dark

9. Million Years Ago

10. All I ask

11. Sweetest Devotion

Singles

Spoiler

Hello

Hello" is a song by British singer Adele. It was released on 23 October 2015 by XL Recordings as the lead single from her third studio album, 25 (2015). Adele co-wrote the song with her producer, Greg Kurstin. "Hello" is a piano ballad with soul influences, and lyrics that discuss themes of nostalgia and regret. Upon release, the song was well received by music critics, who compared it favourably to Adele's previous work and praised the song's lyrics and Adele's vocals.

"Hello" attained international commercial success reaching number one in almost every country it charted in, including the United Kingdom, where it became her second UK number-one single, following "Someone like You", and has the largest opening week sales in three years. On Friday 20 May 2016 it spent it's 30th week in the UK Top 100.

In the United States, "Hello" debuted atop the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Adele's fourth number-one on the chart and breaking several records, including becoming the first song to sell over a million digital copies in a week. By the end of 2015, it had sold 12.3 million units globally (combined sales and track-equivalent streams) and was the year's 7th best-selling single.

The accompanying music video was directed by Xavier Dolan and co-stars Adele and Tristan Wilds. The music video for the song broke the Vevo Record by achieving over 27.7 million views within a 24-hour span, held previously by Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" which accumulated 20.1 million views in that timeframe. It also broke the record for shortest time to attain 100 million Vevo views, previously held by Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball", as well as shortest time to reach 1 billion YouTube views (88 days).

When we were young

"When We Were Young" is a song by British singer Adele. It was released on 22 January 2016 by XL Recordings as the second single from her third studio album, 25 (2015). Adele co-wrote the song with Tobias Jesso Jr., while production of the track was provided by Ariel Rechtshaid. "When We Were Young" is a soul ballad, with lyrics that talk about reminiscing past memories with a loved one. Upon release, the song received critical acclaim from music critics, who praised the song's lyrics and Adele's vocals.

Following the release of 25, "When We Were Young" had already sold 150,000 digital copies in the United States as an album track. It has reached the top 10 in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Portugal, Scotland, Slovakia, South Africa and Switzerland. The song never received an official music video, although a version of the song filmed at The Church Studios was released via Vevo. Adele promoted the song with live performances on the BBC one-hour special Adele at the BBC, Saturday Night Live and Adele Live in New York City. so far the single has sold 1.7 million units worldwide.

Send my love

"Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" is a song recorded by English singer and songwriter Adele for her third studio album, 25 (2015). The song was written by Adele, Max Martin and Shellback, while production for the song was provided by the latter two. A pop song, the singer herself describes it as a "happy you're gone" song. On March 25, 2016, during her show in Glasgow, Adele announced that "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" would serve as the third single from 25 (2015).

As an album track, it peaked at number 112 on the UK Singles Chart and number 79 on the US Billboard Hot 100. It also charted in Australia, Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Scotland, South Korea and Spain.

The Child
25 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

She has a fanbase :air:

Yes it's called the GP! :udidnt:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I was surprised to see that we didn't have a thread for her already, but then I remembered that Adele never stroke me as the kind of artist that has a united fan army.:emma:

Cheap thrills
1 minute ago, Ibo said:

I was surprised to see that we didn't have a thread for her already, but then I remembered that Adele never stroke me as the kind of artist that has a united fan army.

We did but mills wasn't around to edit the  thread so I've taken over :green:

Cheap thrills

It looks like no one is really a fan of Adele's Debut 19

• 1 month later...
Yves

yJTQkVl.jpg

Spoiler

EvlGjHo.jpg

Standard Cover for 19.

Released: January 28, 2008

Sales: 10,000,000 (Estimate)

Tracklist

Spoiler

1. Daydreamer

2. Best for Last

3. Chasing Pavements

4. Cold Shoulder

5. Crazy for You

6. Melt My Heart to Stone

7. First Love

8. Right as Rain

9. Make You Feel My Love

10. My Same

11. Tired

12. Hometown Glory

Singles

ddudzW2.png

Hometown Glory

Released: October 22, 2007 (Re-released on July 21, 2008)

Writer: Adele Adkins

Producer: Jim Abbiss

Spoiler

Note: Hometown Glory received a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance nomination.

HrCRhZM.jpg

Chasing Pavements

Released: January 14, 2008

Writers: Adele Adkins & Francis White

Producer: Francis White

Spoiler

Note: Chasing Pavements won the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

It also was nominated for the Grammy Award for Record of the Year and Grammy Award for Song of the Year.

6XmI81K.jpg

Cold Shoulder

Released: April 21, 2008

Writers: Adele Adkins & Sacha Skarbek

Producer: Mark Ronson

Spoiler

kKuWMPF.jpg

Make You Feel My Love

Released: October 27, 2008

Writer: Robert Allen Zimmerman

Producer: Jim Abbiss

Spoiler

Yves

fMruSCN.jpg

Released: January 24, 2011

Certification: Diamond (10,000,000)

Spoiler

Note: 21 was the world's best-selling album in 2011 and 2012, selling 18.1 million copies in 2011 and 8.3 million copes in 2012.

It spent 24 weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 chart.

21 was ranked as the Greatest Billboard 200 Album of All Time, besting The Sound of Music soundtrack and Michael Jackson's Thriller.

The album also won the 2012 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, beating Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars & Foo Fighters. 

Tracklist

Spoiler

1. Rolling in the Deep

2. Rumour Has It

3. Turning Tables

4. Don't You Remember

5. Set Fire to the Rain

6. He Won't Go

7. Take It All

8. I'll Be Waiting

9. One and Only

10. Lovesong

11. Someone Like You

Singles

iuxkEgU.jpg

Rolling in the Deep

Released: November 29, 2010

Writers: Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth

Producer: Paul Epworth

Spoiler

Note: Rolling in the Deep was at the top spot of the Billboard Hot 100 for seven weeks. It spent 65 weeks on the chart.

As of February 2012, the song had sold over 7.6 million copies in the United States alone, making it the highest-selling digital song by a female artist in the US.

The music video won Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Art Direction at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards.

The song was also the Billboard Year End Hot 100 Number One Single of 2011.

Rolling in the Deep won the Grammy Award for Record of the Year, Grammy Award for Song of the Year, and Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video.

3zHTUwd.jpg

Someone Like You

Released: January 24, 2011

Writers: Adele Adkins & Daniel Wilson

Producers: Adele Adkins & Daniel Wilson

Spoiler

Note: Someone Like You spent five weeks at number one on the Hot 100.

As of October 2015, it has sold 6,000,000 downloads in the United States alone.

It won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance, beating YoĂŒ and I (Lady Gaga), Grenade (Bruno Mars), Firework (Katy Perry), and ****in' Perfect (P!NK).

t0yb4Sz.jpg

Set Fire to the Rain

Released: July 4, 2011

Writers: Adele Adkins & Fraser Thorneycroft-Smith

Producer: Fraser Thorneycroft-Smith

Spoiler

Note: Set Fire to the Rain won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.

As of June 2013,it has sold 4,552,000 digital downloads in the United States.

0YcU4w9.jpg

Rumour Has It

Released: November 5, 2011

Writers: Adele Adkins & Ryan Tedder

Producer: Ryan Tedder

6wPrG8V.jpg

Turning Tables

Released: November 5, 2011

Writers: Adele Adkins & Ryan Tedder

Producer: Jim Abbiss

Cheap thrills
2 hours ago, Yves said:

You aren't even a stan!  

I had all the info but then I deleted it because I thought it didn't look nice but thank you :awkney:

Yves

Hi3cto4.jpg

Released: November 20, 2015

Certification: 8x Platinum (8,710,000)

Spoiler

ADELE-25-Target.png

Target Edition Cover for 25.

Note: 25 debuted at number one in more than 25 markets and broke first-week sales records in the United Kingdom and United States. The album sold 3.38 million copies in its first week of release in the US.

It was the world's best-selling album of 2015 with 17.4 million copies sold within the year, and has since sold 19 million copies globally.

Tracklist

Spoiler

Standard Edition:

1. Hello

2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

3. I Miss You

4. When We Were Young

5. Remedy

6. Water Under the Bridge

7. River Lea

8. Love in the Dark

9. Million Years Ago

10. All I Ask

11. Sweetest Devotion

Target Edition:

12. Can't Let Go

13. Lay Me Down

14. Why Do You Love Me

Singles

zAn2UsQ.jpg

Hello

Released: October 23, 2015

Writers: Adele Adkins & Gregory Kurstin

Producer: Gregory Kurstin

Spoiler

Note: Hello debuted atop the Billboard Hot 100. 

By the end of 2015, it had sold 12.3 million units globally (combined sales and track-equivalent streams) and was the year's 7th best-selling single.

The music video for the song broke the Vevo Record by achieving over 27.7 million views within a 24-hour span.

Ipns8Yo.jpg

When We Were Young

Released: January 22, 2016

Writers: Adele Adkins & Tobias Jesso Jr.

Producer: Ariel Rechtshaid

t7gi6Qd.jpg

Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

Released: May 16, 2016

Writers: Adele Adkins, Martin Sandberg & Karl Schuster

Producers: Martin Sandberg & Karl Schuster

Spoiler

Yves
12 minutes ago, Cheap thrills said:

I had all the info but then I deleted it because I thought it didn't look nice but thank you :awkney:

Why would you delete it? :awkney:

This is the fan base thread, it should have information apart from her recent release.

Cheap thrills
6 minutes ago, Yves said:

Why would you delete it?

This is the fan base thread, it should have information apart from her recent release.

Because the Taylor swift fanbase looked nice and they only had 1989 era up so I thought I'd make it look like that too :madge:

Archived