Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

'Born This Way' (single) turns 5!

Rifek

Featured Posts

TopazBlue

Revamped my account for this holiday! :D

This song changed my life. (I didn't know that until I became a little monster.)

This will forever be my favorite song EVER. I don't even know if "favorite" can describe it!

Spoiler

Unless there's a bizarre case that a song from LG5 or later would top it, but I don't know if it could. :ph34r:

I've been abstaining myself from it for about a week to make it seem somewhat new for tomorrow. :yay:

I could never thank Gaga enough for this beautiful piece of art. Magnificent, graceful, and POWERFUL!

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember staying up really late to catch the radio premiere. I was so surprised, it was a totally unexpected sound, but the message was beautiful and so empowering. I do have to admit, BTW, the single, had to grow on me; and, now, it's one of my all-time faves. This song holds a very special place in my heart, it always will. Happy Bday, Born This Way! <3

GloZell Green
1 hour ago, Kefir said:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

He took Mary Jane Holland and created that into a trash summer song. Bye bye floppy :awkney: You're better off at your professional button pushing job.

OT: :applause: Long live the gay anthem, I believe the first song to use words like gay, lesbian, etc. right?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

DiscoHeaven23

To be perfectly honest, the first time i listened to it, I said to my roommate "This is a different sound for Gaga, it sounds like a Madonna song. I like it"

DiscoHeaven23
1 hour ago, Kefir said:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

i don't get why he was so fixated on bashing her. Maybe that was Xtina tweeting through Adam's account during commercial breaks on The Voice?

God, i remember waking up that day and IMMEDIATELY downloading the song on itunes. I remember every second of listening to that song for the first time. It had come at such a perfect time in my life too. Such an EVENT. Truly was one of the moments I will always remember. Wow I can't believe its been 5 years. 

Dark Anatomy

I remember being (initially) blown away when I heard it. I saw on the ladygaga.com homepage and then heard every hour on the hour over the radio. It was literally a frenzy. It seemed like the whole world made it event.  

Thomas P

I had literally turned 10 two days before the song was released.

I remember it so well.

I considered it my birthday present from gaga, and completely wrote off the other gifts I got.

Its my favourite song that has ever been made. EVER!!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

I remember waking up at 6 in the morning my eighth grade year to listen to it. I remember it being totally different than I thought, but I loved it. Man, I'm senior in high school now. I cannot believe I'm here now. We've come so far!

Katie14

I became obsessed with Gaga right around that time. Wow, i cant believe its been this long. Ive spend countless hours fawning over her, i dont even want to think about it...

I remember the it was such a huge radio hit... and it sounded / and still sounds way way beyond anything being played today. So ahead of its time sonically/ and she helped the world move forward in terms of acceptance.

Archived