• 40-49 Ă  la One of the Boys
    • 50-59 Ă  la Teenage Dream
    • 60-69 Ă  la Prism
    • 70-79 Ă  la Born This Way
    • 80-99 Ă  la Kanye
    • 100 Ă  la Gaga's Oscar performance

Featured Posts

House of Glass

"Samsung have just paid her 25 million dollars for the rights to brand her next tour and album. I doubt they were expecting tracks like Woo, four minutes of breathless emoting dragged out over a tunelessly clashing guitar/keyboard sound, with the only apparent motif being some ghostly backing vocals going “wooo”. :toofunny:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway

The ultimate impression the album leaves isn't just that of an artist who failed to follow through on her vision, but who never bothered to conceive one in the first place.

:air: 

10 hours ago, Deviant said:

It deserves at least a 70  or close to it but very few critics/men have any respect for Rihanna. So her thoughtful efforts tend to go unnoticed.

Not to mention all of these reviews keep complaining about James Joint's length. ITS AN INTERLUDE. besides, whats wrong with a 2 minute song? why is that an issue? sometimes less is more. and a lot of the time pop songs go on past the 3 minute mark solely because thats what they're supposedly supposed to do. I think a good majority of gagas music is much longer than need be.

all people want from rihanna is loud and good girl gone bad. truly scattershot albums created by bullshitty superstar producers for the sole purpose of going top 10. nothing wrong with that. but to skewer her for not being the black britney spears yet again? really?

Her thoughtful efforts .. Rather her PR team who wants her to look indie this time around.

i don't know how this deserves 70 - maybe it's something new for Rihanna but overall it's just half-baked imho.

It deserves around 70, it's not often you get a pop album with not only good tracks, but also to have the rest of the album be enjoyable.

Katharine Hepburn
7 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

Meanwhile "This is Acting" has 67 :gaycat:

I don't think it will hit the 70s as there's no coherent theme as the songs were written for other artists but were rejected

xoxo Joanne

christinahoney
3 hours ago, Benji said:

It deserves around 70, it's not often you get a pop album with not only good tracks, but also to have the rest of the album be enjoyable.

Is This Acting you mean?

6 minutes ago, christinahoney said:

Is This Acting you mean?

Both are good albums. It's kind of funny that Sia has put out a more radio friendly album than Rihanna though :air:

I first liked the experimental side of it but hearing how much this girl sampled had me turned off. that and all the writers and producers while calling it Anti. it's just pretentious

Archived