Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Voltaire
2 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

giphy.gif

I acknowledge the disparity.

I ask what people proposed as solutions.

And then I followed up with a person and show that I saw as positively affecting the situation of too-few-minorities-in -entertainment and you answer with a condescending gif?

That's pretty lame.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

LoveandMagic
5 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

e26a1a00-38a5-0133-478d-0a2ca390b447.gif

Explain what I said that was bad.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

homomo
25 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

Oh my God. I can't believe how racist you are. Whitewashing that gif... why didn't you use a black person? or an asian? or hispanic? Ugh.. Society is crumbling... I can't believe you posted that gif with only a white person talking...

:awkney: 

homomo
Just now, Jonna Lee said:

you're an idiot

Wow. I'm an idiot for saying exactly what half the people here are saying? Just because no one of color won, doesn't mean the Oscars are racist. There aren't enough people of different ethnic background in the entertainment industry, therefore the odds of someone who isn't white winning an award is pretty slim. 

People throw the race card around so much these days... It's so annoying.

And never call me an idiot again. You know absolutely nothing about me. Thank you.

Katsuki Bakugo
12 hours ago, Metamorphosis said:

Geesh. Some of the posts in here. GGD turning its ugly racist head. Tragic.

There is racism. and there is fact. Just because someone isn't white doesn't mean they deserve to be nominated. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Jonna Lee
Just now, Stellar said:

Wow. I'm an idiot for saying exactly what half the people here are saying? Just because no one of color won, doesn't mean the Oscars are racist. There aren't enough people of different ethnic background in the entertainment industry, therefore the odds of someone who isn't white winning an award is pretty slim. 

People throw the race card around so much these days... It's so annoying.

And never call me an idiot again. You know absolutely nothing about me. Thank you.

thats simply not true. trying to sound edgy by implying the "gif is racist" is just totally far fetched. media and entertainment are massive social barometres that are supposed to reflect society and encapsulate the interests of society. the oscars are reflections of a major institution (hollywood) that has great sway over american's lives and pop culture. a person with any sense would never call out such minor things like gifs or photos and implying that the people pointing out the lack of diversity in grammy nominations share no equivalent to a person (although nobody would ever do this :toofunny: ) trying to come for "racism in a gif". sure calling you an idiot was rude of me, but that "joke" was very idiotic.

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

LebaneseDude
3 minutes ago, Jonna Lee said:

media and entertainment are massive social barometres that are supposed to reflect society and encapsulate the interests of society. the oscars are reflections of a major institution (hollywood) that has great sway over american's lives and pop culture

So? They should give awards to those that they don't believe deserve it?

I'm sorry but trying to force an Oscar version of affirmative action is just ignorant.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

43 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

Why are you quoting me?

6H9gk6z.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

homomo
Just now, Jonna Lee said:

thats simply not true. trying to sound edgy by implying the "gif is racist" is just totally far fetched. media and entertainment are massive social barometres that are supposed to reflect society and encapsulate the interests of society. the oscars are reflections of a major institution (hollywood) that has great sway over american's lives and pop culture. a person with any sense would never call out such minor things like gifs or photos and implying that the people pointing out the lack of diversity in grammy nominations share no equivalent to a person (although nobody would ever do this :toofunny: ) trying to come for "racism in a gif". sure calling you an idiot was rude of me, but that "joke" was very idiotic.

It's called sarcasm.

Let's not even bother debating, because we both know we're not going to be getting anywhere. Let's just stick to our own opinions. :laughga:

TiphEret

I don't get why POC complain! We all know they get so much exposure as the black guy that dies in the first part of the film in most action movies... at least they have a job! 

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

Katsuki Bakugo

This is like the Hunger Games tbh. Just mention the word black and watch people flock...The true people who know anything about racism and unfair treatment are those who live it everyday, who hear the hate mongering spat at them for existing. 

Award Shows do nothing but inflate the egos of the celebrity, this is not about colour of skin its about who has the most money and whose story do they want to sell the best. 

I am not saying she is buying her awards but it is funny how Gaga went from HUGE to a "flop" and now she is winning awards again. And she is Italian, ( she is European not american by blood),... to me its more interesting  to see the reason why those who win are winning it. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Jonna Lee
6 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

So? They should give awards to those that they don't believe deserve it?

I'm sorry but trying to force affirmative action on everything is just plain ignorant.

wtf are u trying to say that affirmative action is a problem and those who benefit from it dont deserve to get into college :toofunny: let me redirect you here

and i was not saying that the oscars should give to people who dont deserve it (although they did, as many mediocre films that were panned by critics were nominated), im just saying that people who point out that all the actors nominated this year are white shouldnt be demonized

3 minutes ago, Stellar said:

It's called sarcasm.

Let's not even bother debating, because we both know we're not going to be getting anywhere. Let's just stick to our own opinions. :laughga:

sorrie for being mean

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

homomo
2 minutes ago, Jonna Lee said:

sorrie for being mean

We good :nick:

Archived