Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga needs TF/M Sound For LG5

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

No. Sounds like TF, TFM, BTW and AP are what she should avoid.

She should bring something new and fresh to the table. She has always done that though so I'm not worried in the slightest

I'm being hypocritical rn tho cuz id be here for Dope/Venus v2. :derpga:

it wasn't laaaahv

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wahkeenasitka

Ummmmm... if there's anything we know about Gaga is that she is always changing and transforming and probably will continue that trend well into the future... Undoubtedly LG5 will be a very fresh direction for her, whatever happens. I would not in any way anticipate music that is a rehash of TF/M, even though it would be many LM's wet dream... it seems highly unlikely to me that it would happen. 

DontDoubtDavid

I highly disagree. What made her music so popular during TF/TFM eras was that her music and style were very ahead of their time. Her music at the time changed the pop world and it eventually got to a point where all pop artists basically began competing with each other to out-do one another. It had gotten to the point where pop music finally caught up to her and it became much harder for her to push boundaries.

With BTW, I think she expected it to be revolutionary as well, but her and her team made a wrong prediction. Her style during the BTW era was more "old-school", something making a comeback now (so BTW was basically "too" ahead of it's time to be considered revolutionary).

AP did not succeed because she did not push any boundaries at all. It was a "safe play", and I think it came back to bite her in the ass because people expect more from her. The music on AP sounded just like music from 2013, and it even took a step backwards by trying to replicate the 2008/2009 sound (a la Donatella).

What she need now is to once again do something that no one else is doing. I think having released BTW now, it would have been a hit. I'm noticing that old-school sound coming back. I think working with disco legends is going to work in her favor. Also doing rock-fusion may be revolutionary. We'll see what happens. She has good momentum now and I trust her now more than ever to release her best work. Hope I'm right.

TerrenceV2

Noo! Don't diss her other releases, you get dragged right and left to the pits of hell here..

ot: I think she should go for another "legend-esque" BORN THIS WAY, rocky albums tend to become classics, AKA the classics she's been working with, TF/M seem like a super duper backtrack from her evolution, she doesn't have that cheeky voice anymore so..

playground love - josef salvat

They want a sweet, delightful, 'Just Dance' kind of girl or they want 'Bad Romance' and that's fine."

She continued: "I am happy to give people that but maybe with my song 'Dope' or some of the things I did on ARTPOP, you saw a kind of dark side, wrapped up in colors. But maybe that was not always what people want to see. They want to see the perfection. 

Gaga knows what the GP wants. :gaycat:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

StarstruckIllusion

But you see here, most of the monsters here are selfish af, and only care about their needs, so they dot want Gaga to be successful by appealing to everybody, just themselves. So you will never get the majority here to agree with you. I do tho.

They don't care about quality music EVERYONE can enjoy, just **** that they want. These threads are pointless, The Fame Gaga is coming back whether these people want it or not. 

Arizona Sky
4 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

But you see here, most of the monsters here are selfish af, and only care about their needs, so they dot want Gaga to be successful by appealing to everybody, just themselves. So you will never get the majority here to agree with you. I do tho.

They don't care about quality music EVERYONE can enjoy, just **** that they want. These threads are pointless, The Fame Gaga is coming back whether these people want it or not. 

I don't think you got what I was trying to say, I wasn't actually saying that I want that sound because I like it, but because it's best for Gaga's carreer. I'm actually being the opposite of selfish cause I was saying people need to understand it's not just about them & what they want, it's about Gaga's career.

Reality

I actually thought that Born This Way music sounded a lot better than her Fame/Fame Monster eras. I, personally, would rather have songs like The Edge of Glory, You and I, Born This Way, and Hair than Bad Romance and Poker Face—again, that's my opinion though. 

I also don't think that she necessarily needs to have all the fame, no pun intended, and attention all on her. I'm a firm believer that Gaga needs to make music that she needs to and that she wants to. Sure, it'll certainly help get her attention from the general public by making songs like Poker Face and Just Dance, but I don't want Gaga to make a song just for a #1 hit, only to be replaced by someone else's a month later. 

People also forget that she's an artist, meaning that she should do what she wants to do before letting other people tell her what to do. Besides, I'd rather have Gaga make genuine and authentic music than have her make music to get a #1 spot for two weeks. 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, ROARyals said:

I disagree. I actually think it's the opposite of being selfish. I think most monsters here want Gaga to just be herself and be who she genuinely is. Gaga doesn't need to appeal to everyone, and in fact, she shouldn't. She shouldn't sacrifice her art and her music for the sake of pleasing other people and pleasing their needs—speaking about the general public here. She explicitly stated that. 

And of course we want Gaga to be successful, but not in a way where she's sacrificing her art for it. 

🃏🖤👹

giskardsb

I would think we'd be proud to be a fan of an independent thinking and creative individual that constantly seeks new challenges and doesn't repeat herself simply for commercial success.  I'd think we'd be more than happy to stand up for that kind of person and defend her from people that are too brainwashed by the pop industry to see that we need somebody who is devisive and envelope pushing.  I would think that rather than complaining that BTW "ruined her career" we'd applaud the strong stand she took for human rights.   This forum is what, 90% gay and yet so many here wish she'd never made it an issue.  What kind of ungratefulness is that?   Commercial success and branding is more important than human rights?  Really?  

If it was up to so many here we wouldn't have BTW, ARTPOP, C2C, AHS, or anything else that wasn't just trying to ride RedOne and hairbows for as long as possible.  Gaga needs to be successful on her own terms, not treading water in the same swimming pool ala Katy Perry or myriad other cut and paste pop stars.  

If you really want her to go for the GP, she should be going after the GP of Adele, not the GP of Madonna or Katy.  Spreading her wings into many media and genres will make her long term career more assured and varied.  Pop star is the bottom of her ladder, not the top of it.  Keep climbing Gaga, keep climbing.

Archived