💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why isn't GUY certified?

InTraumatica

Featured Posts

InTraumatica

Help me guys. I don't understand how RIAA works. On their site I can read that every 100 streams are counted as 1 download. GUY has like 150 000 000 streams (including spotify, youtube, vevo etc.) So it looks like that masterpiece has 150 0000 + 40 000 downloads. 

Help me here :neyde:

Tropico

Well YouTube is available worldwide so we don't know how many of those sales come from the US. There is no worldwide certifications as far as I know. So I don't think we can assume it has enough sales to be certified based on those streams. :/

Feel free to correct me though. 

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

ViviLittleM

Even If the streams are uS.. Interscope is a mess. A lot of her singles aren't certified at all, some are undercertified, same for her albums. They only update some Songs and I dont understand why.

InTraumatica
25 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

All 150m views aren't from US though

24 minutes ago, Tropico said:

Well YouTube is available worldwide so we don't know how many of those sales come from the US. There is no worldwide certifications as far as I know. So I don't think we can assume it has enough sales to be certified based on those streams. :/

Feel free to correct me though. 

Thank you :wub:

NewYorkCity
9 minutes ago, hausofmike said:

certified for what? it flopped. but not as bad as marry the night

it flopped harder than MTN tho. :stalkga:

Fiona Apple
23 minutes ago, hausofmike said:

MTN was a lot more successful. But it got so many performances so it is a bigger flop 

Gagadonna
25 minutes ago, hausofmike said:

Yet I feel like more people know Marry the night than GUY. 

Bradley
1 hour ago, hausofmike said:

38 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

It's not just your feeling, it's a fact. I don't know why you said G.U.Y. was more successful than Marry the Night, maybe because G.U.Y has over 100 million views combined on YouTube? The truth is Marry the Night peaked at #29 on Hot 100, sold 500,000 copies in the US and was certified gold.

2 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

MTN received many performances and actual airplay, plus it's EMA performance is deemed "iconic" by some :rip:

Fame Romance
2 hours ago, AmericanHSlave said:

It's not just your feeling, it's a fact. I don't know why you said G.U.Y. was more successful than Marry the Night, maybe because G.U.Y has over 100 million views combined on YouTube? The truth is Marry the Night peaked at #29 on Hot 100, sold 500,000 copies in the US and was certified gold.

It sold over 700k in the US. 

Good Meets Bad
On 12/1/2015 5:50:19, hausofmike said:

G.U.Y Didn't Do Well Due To Lack Of Promotion Rushed Video Release & Lack Of Performances But Hey Who Gives A **** To Me G.U.Y Is Perfection & If The Superbowl CEO Picks GaGa As The Act For The Superbowl G.U.Y Will Shoot Up The Charts But If She Doesn't Get Chosen I Still Will Love G.U.Y As I Do Now Forever A Little Monster

Archived