💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What prevented Marry The Night from Smashing?

Monster2015

Featured Posts

Releasing Judas, The Edge Of Glory & Yoß and I before Marry The Night is what prevented it from smashing. :awkney:

this

if Marry The Night was the second single instead of Judas everything would have been different

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Monster

The poor quality of that song maybe??? :laughga: the not so harmonic chorus??? :laughga: 

Okay, I was listening to this song a weak ago, when I got depressed that I would never find someone :laughga: and it really helps when you are depressed, but I can´t really listen to that song, cause I am in a good mood all day every day and the song just sounds depressing when you don´t need something to lift you up :shrug: that may also be the reason, it´s really only listenable when you´re down, otherwise it brings you down :laughga: 

AmenTheNight

Not gonna be original : overexposure, too long video, european performances mostly. But I don't think these are the only problems.

MTN is a groundbreaking song, don't get me wrong, but it took me ages to really dig it, it's the biggest grower I've even listened to. It's the kind of song that is an album highlight, but is still debatable as single material or not, just like DITD.

In addition, MTN arrived after a local medium success (YoĂź&I), and didn't benefit from the same hype from the previous singles. + MTN isn't that radio friendly, lbr. And finally, it's incredibly hard to make a 5th single succeed, when the others weren't all REAL hits.

I wish MTN had been released as a promo single instead of Hair, though. Things should have been like this : BTW => Scheisse => MTN iTunes promo single => TEOG => Judas (instead of You&I to avoid the easter controversy) => HML

Bad Bromance

It's just not hit material :neyde: That song could only have smashed for being her comeback single and only for like the first two weeks.

I disagree.  IMO, the song could have been a smash hit if they would have released it as the 2nd or 3rd single.  Born This Way was on the # 1 spot for 6 consecutive weeks.  If they would've released Gaga's singles in the following order, the BTW era would have finished on higher note....................

Born This Way, Marry The Night, The Edge of Glory, Judas, and You and I.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

sweet spot

Tbh imo BTW would be such a smash hit album (in singles, as teenage dream) if the single order were like:

Early February - BTW

End of April - Scheisse

Mid May - album

Early July - Hair

Mid October - MTN

"Xmas gift" - TEOG

Early BTWBT - BM as promo single to help on the selling

Emvee

Not gonna lie... there were TONS better/catchier songs playing on the radio at the time. 

MTN just didn't make the cut. And it actually got a decent amount of AirPlay on radio. It should've been in the top 10 already with the amount of AirPlay it was getting... but it wasn't. 

When talking about charts, we can't go with the same ol' "the GP is basic" argument. Pop music has to be catchy or have a incredibly effective chorus in order to be successful on charts. The end. MTN was meaningful, but it was also incredibly confusing as a song. The chorus was NOT effective. Sometimes metaphors just don't work on radio. I understand that Gaga was emotionally attached to the song, but that obviously didn't translate to commercial success. In the end, it added nothing to art or music. It had no impact.

Scheiße on the other hand would've SMASHED :giveup: 

Bull****, be mine :cry: 

Computer

Fifth single and somewhat odd title.

However I think people enjoyed it.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Archived