đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Carolina Herrera Disses Kim Kardashian & Beyonce's 'Naked' Style.

Pierre

Featured Posts

Pierre

Carolina Herrera Explains Why It's Not Fashionable For Stars To Wear 'Naked' Dresses:

BFA_9175_1089640.jpg

The designer, ever the epitome of the classic style she sends down the runway, is seldom seen wearing anything other than a crisp button down and tailored black trousers or a skirt. In a new interview with The Washington Post, Herrera explained her distaste of the "naked trend," which involves strategic placement and little else. “It’s so modern to be naked or almost naked," she said, pointing to photos of Beyoncéand Kim Kardashian at the 2015 Met Gala.

o-BEYONCE-MET-GALA-2015-DRESS-570.jpg

1430785592_kim-kardashian-kanye-west-zoo

“They’re supposed to be fashion icons and they’re not wearing anything,” Carolina told the outlet. “It’s an obsession now.” Sheer is one of the s-xiest red carpet trends of the season — and it isn’t just at funky award shows! Carolina referenced the latest looks at the 2015 Met Gala, where a slew of stars opted for sheer silhouettes, including Kim, Beyonce and JLo — but the designer believes less is more. “The almost naked! Oh God! They’re trying to get people to pay attention to them. In life, there should be a little mystery.”

So, why is the look dominating the runway and the red carpet? The designer says it’s an attempt to attract a younger audience, saying designers think “it’s so modern to be naked or almost naked. They think it’s going to attract younger people if they do those dresses. No!” Along with the sheer trend, Carolina also isn’t a fan of the severe plunging necklines which seem to be everywhere we turn. “If it’s open so much, they look like fried eggs,” the designer said in reference to the way the cleavage looks in such silhouettes. “Fashion is about proportion.”

Clearly, for an iconic fashion designer whose clients have included first lady Michelle Obama and Jackie O., showing up basically nude does not make you an icon. 

Source + Info here: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/06/09/carolina-herrera-naked-dresses-disses-sheer-gowns-met-gala-beyonce/

âťťIs not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually ceruleanâťž.

Serendipity

@Pierre, put a source in the OP, please

OT: Different people have different views

You can be naked, but be artistic and beautiful, while at the same time, be fully dressed yet raunchy

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Pierre

I have to disagree with Miss Herrera...

anna-wintour-gifs-3.w529.h352.2x.gif

Beyoncé is not a fashion icon. 

tumblr_mnix9uFPbd1qm0y0ho1_500.gif

Serendipity

I have to disagree with Miss Herrera, Beyoncé is not a fashion icon. 

anna-wintour-gifs-3.w529.h352.2x.gif

​I wonder what she'd think of Gaga and her constant use of nudity:derpga:

Pierre

​I wonder what she'd think of Gaga and her constant use of nudity:derpga:

​Actually, she made the Bazaar dress. :lmao: 

480px-Carolina_Herrera_-_House_Atelier.j

Serendipity

​Oh dear, she shades others for nudity, while making dresses for a s-x icon:flop:

Pierre

​Oh dear, she shades others for nudity, while making dresses for a s-x icon:flop:

​I think is beause that was for a photoshoot, however, Gaga is not like always naked for big events, we can't say the same about Jlo, Kim and Beyoncé. :fat: 

LoveandMagic

Well, if reference to Beyonce's outfit, I think it was stunning. The fit and the train in particular was very beautiful. But for my own personal tastes, I do tend to prefer more simple, "conservative" attire. Sexy, form fitting silhouettes, soft, chic fabric, modestly tailored. I prefer 50s and 60s glam to modern sheer. But that's just my own personal preference. I have seen so many amazing outfits on the carpet, all different styles. Yes, sometimes the sheer is a bit much (for me). I'm not a gynocologist to the stars. But everyone should be able to express their perspective tastes. And some can pull off these outfits very well. I think some just feel that by making things sheer, there is no effort into the design, which I disagree with. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

bayonse

also these if Im not wrong

002chny-lady-gaga1-a.jpg

​

no more parties in LA

Pierre

also these if Im not wrong

002chny-lady-gaga1-a.jpg​

​Yes! And some airport looks. :yes: 

I wanted Gaga to wear this one so bad for Oscars :giveup: 

LUX_0799.jpg

Archived