đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Aren't you glad about the Katy/Taylor situation ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

RebeldeFaith

Some people here take everything too personal. 

Meanwhile their faves are probably sleeping or enjoying a nice afternoon in the beach caring less about irrelevant things right now.

Something something idk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustPokeHerFace

Nope, Sorry. Dark Horse will be the first video by a female to hit the 1 billion views mark on both YouTube and VEVO. Blank Space maybe, maybe become the 2nd female video to hit the 1 billion views mark. Taylor got all those huge views for Blank Space by cheating pretty much.  

​Did you actually read my post? I said the 1st VEVO (implying the first video released on the VEVO platform) to reach 1 billion views IN UNDER A YEAR. The music video for Dark Horse was released in February 2014, and it will probably hit 1 billion views this month or next month at the latest. That is a time gap that is larger than one year. Blank Space's video was released in November 2014. It will probably reach 1 billion sometime next month or in August, which is a time gap under 12 months, which constitutes a year.

And how exactly did she cheat? People wanted to watch Blank Space's music video, and therefore, did. There's no rule that says an artist's music has to be on Spotify. It was a smart business decision on Taylor's part, not "cheating." 

Kacey Elizabeth

BR and Telephone were released way before YouTube and Vevo became a massive thing. Besides, BR was once the video with the most views ever. And you can't just state things like "videos doubled views after leaving Spotify" without supplying any actual evidence. And 1989 was never on Spotify to begin with, so suddenly taking music off a streaming site it was never on doubled its video views?

You do have a point with your first sentence. But, http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6208156 Shake It Off was in Spotify for a week actually, and people want to hear Taylor's new singles, and some choose not to buy her digital singles or her album, so they listen to them in the only free and easy streaming websites: YouTube and VEVO.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

The only place where Taylor has more power, bigger fanbase, and more of GP's support than Katy is the US. That's about it.

1989 has outsold Prism in almost every market so.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Kacey Elizabeth

​Actually wrong, Taylor's fanbase has more teenage girls than Katy has her gays :reductive2:

Also Taylor is just generally more like-able. Even here in oceania Katy is known more for her "hits", whereas Taylor is actually known for her personality and her album. Taylor's fanbase is stronger than Katy's and I think that'll come to Taylor's favour in the long run :lolly:

Taylor is known for her dating life and her bad habit of writing songs about her ex-boyfriends. A lot of people don't think of her personality as good. Only her fanbase (which I admit is huge) cares more about her albums than the GP and the media do. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

1989 has outsold Prism in almost every market so.

Comparing Taylor's 5th album to Katy's 3rd album?

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

You do have a point with your first sentence. But, http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6208156 Shake It Off was in Spotify for a week actually, and people want to hear Taylor's new singles, and some choose not to buy her digital singles or her album, so they listen to them in the only free and easy streaming websites: YouTube and VEVO.

But simply listening to the song isn't the same as wanting to watch a music video. Spotify stream is not a Vevo view. And if people want to listen to her songs there are plenty of ways to get it illegally. No one is being forced to only get her songs through Vevo.

ARTPOPdidntflop

Taylor is known for her dating life and her bad habit of writing songs about her ex-boyfriends.

​Yea and that's more iconic than Katy's whole image. I'm not even a swiftie and thats my opinion :reductive2:

Like what is even iconic about Katy? She hasn't stuck with anything thematically, and people aren't connected to her as a person imo

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Kacey Elizabeth

​Yea and that's more iconic than Katy's whole image. I'm not even a swiftie and thats my opinion :reductive2:

Like what is even iconic about Katy? She hasn't stuck with anything thematically, and people aren't connected to her as a person imo

These are all your opinions, right? Nothing factual or true. Your case gets close here.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

Comparing Taylor's 5th album to Katy's 3rd album?

They're both established artists, the releasing climate is far more important than the number of releases unless it's a debut. Unless you're saying that Rebel Heart is guaranteed to be a more massive album than either Prism or 1989 simply because it's Madge's 13th release.

Kacey Elizabeth

But simply listening to the song isn't the same as wanting to watch a music video. Spotify stream is not a Vevo view. And if people want to listen to her songs there are plenty of ways to get it illegally. No one is being forced to only get her songs through Vevo.

Watching a music video of a single is pretty much listening to a song, just with visuals/a video. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

​Did you actually read my post? I said the 1st VEVO (implying the first video released on the VEVO platform) to reach 1 billion views IN UNDER A YEAR. The music video for Dark Horse was released in February 2014, and it will probably hit 1 billion views this month or next month at the latest. That is a time gap that is larger than one year. Blank Space's video was released in November 2014. It will probably reach 1 billion sometime next month or in August, which is a time gap under 12 months, which constitutes a year.

And how exactly did she cheat? People wanted to watch Blank Space's music video, and therefore, did. There's no rule that says an artist's music has to be on Spotify. It was a smart business decision on Taylor's part, not "cheating." 

I already explained why Taylor got so many views, and i will not repeat it again. She did cheat. She had her music in Spotify, and suddenly after all these years she took her music out of Spotify and other streaming websites. It was a smart business decision, I give her that, but it wasn't really different than cheating in order to get more views and sell records.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

They're both established artists, the releasing climate is far more important than the number of releases unless it's a debut. Unless you're saying that Rebel Heart is guaranteed to be a more massive album than either Prism or 1989 simply because it's Madge's 13th release.

What about comparing PRISM to Speak Now? PRISM, 2 years, and 3.6 million copies WW. Speak Now, 5 years, and 5.1 million copies WW (4.4 million copies of it in the US). One Of The Boys, 5 million sales as of 2010. Taylor Swift, 9 years, and 5.6 million WW sales (5.5 million copies in the US).

Your Candy Perfume Girl

ARTPOPdidntflop

These are all your opinions, right? Nothing factual or true. Your case gets close here.

​But they're only your opinions too :emma:

Katy's superbowl was supposed to be a highlight of her career but it only got 3mil views on youtube :emma:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Kacey Elizabeth

​But they're only your opinions too :emma:

Katy's superbowl was supposed to be a highlight of her career but it only got 3mil views on youtube :emma:

What about it being the most watched TV program in HISTORY? More viewers than the actual SuperBowl game btw. Katy's Halftime show was critically acclaimed and well-received by the critics, celebrities, the GP, and even some stans from different fanbases who were not even fans of Katy or KatyCats.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived