band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lego said:

Thank you. ♡ What did you dream about? If I may ask.

Can you also tell me about these two songs, what do you think of the lyrics, the meaning? :flutter: 

I will listen tonight and think about them and write it here, Yes. I'd love to.

I dreamt an old boyfriend and I were hanging out at some kind of warlock witches get - together or festival. We were looking to buy some herbs. I don't even do that stuff and neither does he, he's an anarchist punk and against any of that ceremonial or ritual stuff. We also have tickets to this huge stadium to see a football game, which I hate sports, in real life. So we go and there is talk of a terror attack and people are freaking out. I was pretty calm and bored. I would never attend a sports event.

So, I guess a terror threat happened and we ran to the car and were hiding down in the floorboards and we attempted to try to just drive anyway, out of that place. Everyone was just insane, trying to get out of the parking area. We did, some how.

I must have watched the news too much today, CNN.

I am telling you though, if a concert comes here and I want to go, I am and will be going. Nothing will stop me, not even terror rumours. I'd rather be there and something happen than to not go and be scared by it all.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Omg that sounds so scary.:S 

Yeah I guess it's from all the news and if people around you talk about it...it's **** to live like that, in fear. It makes me mad.

And we are all ordinary "little" people, who can't change anything... just sit somewhere in corner and hide, or live life... I believe when my time is up, I will die no matter what is the cause.

But I am worried about public events a bit, I just don't want anything bad to happen to anyone innocent, especially those I care about. I hope you will always be safe.

FreePalestine

1 hour ago, lego said:

Omg that sounds so scary.:S 

Yeah I guess it's from all the news and if people around you talk about it...it's **** to live like that, in fear. It makes me mad.

And we are all ordinary "little" people, who can't change anything... just sit somewhere in corner and hide, or live life... I believe when my time is up, I will die no matter what is the cause.

But I am worried about public events a bit, I just don't want anything bad to happen to anyone innocent, especially those I care about. I hope you will always be safe.

It was a weird dream altogether. We had a threat here at some boxing or wrestling event, but nothing happened. Donald Trump is coming here next week and BLM are going to be protesting, we were talking about that today. It shall be funny to see Trump here and if anything happens, nothing deadly, just the back and forth rhetoric. My niece wants to go, she hates Donald Trump. I am not letting her go and I would never go.

I hope that you are safe as well and also all innocent people. Don't worry on your concert, relax and wait and see how prepared security is. I am sure that it is in all of the owner of public gatherings minds and that they are planning major safety precautions, especially on NYE and special occasions.

No Love and Drawn And Quartered

These songs are both so sad, but also everything that Ville claims that he needs to make his music, a longing broken heart. Both are about the same and probably Jonna, I am guessing. They sound specific and not about just anyone's passing broken relationship and crumbled heart. He can't regret it all too much though, because this heartache is his true source of his whole catalogue of art.

Drawn & Quartered~

I think that this verse is the key to the whole song:

Every part of me wants to believe
There’s a darkness we need to feel
For the brightest light to be seen and felt inside
Only because of you

He really believes that to feel so hurt by love allows him to experience the actually amount of love that cannot even be expressed in writing. This whole song is about that. The love from the memories of fighting / caring and the giving up and running away by "the one who got away". He is thinking on their moments, fights, losing and remembering feeling that the lover will eventually run away and that that love will not last. His love will lasts though, because, he loves this person forever and love is now dead. That lover holds his heart for eternity and he feels dead without it, hence the title. At least Ville uses these experiences well and takes something good from the Hell of it all.

Happy / Sad

Also, the song is written as still questioning, do you feel the same, do I hold your heart? We can still run away together. The song has changing time frames, in the way that it is written. Still hopeful while dead.

No Love~

This song is the same as the other. What one does while lying in bed and thinking of whom they love/loved before. He can't sleep, just agonizing over the lost love and even in dreams he is with her...forever and ever. I accidentally wrote "forever and lover" - that fits it too. Time passes as he just lies there thinking and dreaming and he won't stop, until his death, because that is when there is actually "no love". He uses no love both ways though, to have no love means death, because he loves her and also, no love can mean that what he feels and is greatly described by the word love, is not even enough to describe his feelings for her, it's far surpassing and 'til his death.

"We're the stars in the drawing of the flame
Making love to the rain"

That is in dreaming of them in love.

These are just what I think that these songs are saying~ lol

It's fun though. What do You think about them? I think, marry him already, girl.

Thank you so much @Sister

That is so sad and beautiful.:wub: And it's all hidden in uplifting melody (No Love).

He's using metaphors a lot nowadays compared to first albums. In that one interview, you posted, he said something like he writes songs in a way, even his band members-close friends don't always know what/who they are all about. lol

Imagine being one of his great loves but now in new relationship, own family...would you still listen to his songs? When they're just played on radio and you're the only one who knows what he's singing about. 

FreePalestine

12230936_1006644552733994_710761429_n.jp

25th November 2007 Atlanta, GA, United States @ Tabernacle
/ vk.com/him_almanac /

the nipples8f70c6ea.gif

FreePalestine

12 hours ago, lego said:

Thank you so much @Sister

That is so sad and beautiful.:wub: And it's all hidden in uplifting melody (No Love).

He's using metaphors a lot nowadays compared to first albums. In that one interview, you posted, he said something like he writes songs in a way, even his band members-close friends don't always know what/who they are all about. lol

Imagine being one of his great loves but now in new relationship, own family...would you still listen to his songs? When they're just played on radio and you're the only one who knows what he's singing about. 

You are welcome! Yes, I recall that quote. I think that I would still listen to his songs, especially if they were just played on the radio, but I wouldn't talk about them with anyone. My ex makes films and acts and I do not watch his stuff. I do not care about it and he always makes sure to keep me informed on his life. I just always wish that he wouldn't involve me in it in any way. Not even for inspiration, so maybe I would not even listen to HIM, if that were the case. lol

How about you?

1 hour ago, lego said:

another Gaga/HIM fan? :green: 

http://breakingupannamonster.tumblr.com/post/6983499480/your-sweet-six-six-six

@Sister I would probably stop listening to HIM if I would try to build new life with another person. I can imagine it would bring so many memories, so... :( 

Thank God I don't have to worry about that. :D 

That is funny, I wonder if they are / were on here! That picture!!!

Do you have any special HIM songs that are for anniversaries / past relationships or special events in your life?

Ville says she's our Dancing Queen~

which I Love~

Our Dancing Queen~

LOL

Have to invite @PartySick as MJ stan to hear this funny cover of We Are The World (thank you sister)

it was removed from buzzfed & youtube

so I uploaded it here

http://picosong.com/b8u9/

I'm not sure who are all the voices besided Ville, but they are all drunk as ****.

I know for sure that Ville's singing these lines

"Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares

And their lives will be stronger and free"

and 

"When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all"

I thought that high pitch imitating Michael's voice is him too, but I'm not so sure.

@Luiz  @Cocaine Heart  @Slavi 

come to hear this mess too. :green: 

FreePalestine

Archived