💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

One year later: Was it a good idea to cancel DWUW?

SIRE

64 members have voted

1. 1. DWUW canceling a good idea?

• yes she dodged a bullet
    • excuse me no

Featured Posts

Venus shouldn't have been canceled in favor of DWUW. I will always feel that way.

As for the DWUW video, I've said this from the beginning, and I still feel the same way: If Gaga didn't want it released, there's probably a good reason, so I'm going to trust her decision in the matter.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga was playing in the devil's playground when she created that video. The video is where it belongs.. Unseen to the human eyes.

Get it out of your mind my child and remember, TFMga loves you

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

The video would have been so controversial that it would have done it's own promotion, and the song was one of the most commercial songs on ARTPOP. Cancelling DWUW was one of the stupidest blunders in the ARTPOP era.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Why did gaga start panning for the public on whether or not her "art" shoukd exist? She shoulda released the video and told those who didn't like it to suck her d!ck. the single and video she wanted got canceled for DWUW, she should have gone balls to the wall with it. Venus could have been the 3rd single and everyone could have been happy

Kermit the frog

It wasn't. Controversy or not, she still had nothing to lose at that time, already being deemed as a "flop".

I'm not even gonna get into cancelling Venus and how bad that idea was but w/e.

Cody Draco

Why did gaga start panning for the public on whether or not her "art" shoukd exist? She shoulda released the video and told those who didn't like it to suck her d!ck. the single and video she wanted got canceled for DWUW, she should have gone balls to the wall with it. Venus could have been the 3rd single and everyone could have been happy

Bloody

I believe that all fans want to see the whole video but we all know that it was a mess  :sweep:  :cryga: it was very wrecking ball-anaconda style and gaga doesn't need that shocking factor anymore to be successful!

We all know ass well from the beginning that replacing Venus with DWUW was a mistake.She sould have released Applause,Venus,DWUW and then Gypsy..  :madge: 

There's a reason that gaga didn't release the messy video even though it would smash better in the charts but ..music not the blink..

Anyway, 1 year later there's no reason to discuss it ,we all had hopes and expectations from this era, but there's nothing we can do about this mess anymore  :ohwell:

FrankGutz

It wasn't a good idea to cancel Venus.

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Rollercoaster

She should have quickly done another video and put it out. Nothing professional about this era at all.

Kind of ironic that a song about her messing up and being ripped to shreds in the press was the very thing she messed up and got dragged for.

No. This video was so CONTROVERSIAL (from what we see). It could have 300 000 000 / 400 000 000 views now… And DWUW could sold 2,000,000 in US and 3,500,000 / 4,000,000 WW… Do What U Want had the potential to smash ! Could've been a top 3 hit. 

If she did the song could've easily gone top 5, but she didn't release it because she didn't like it. That says a lot about her :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

after seeing the leak,im kind of glad she decided to not release it,media and non-fans would ate her alive

Archived