Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga addresses ticket sales and Aura controversy in Dubai

enigma princess

Featured Posts

“They mentioned to me that there were some restrictions, and I know there are some artists that are very strict about their policies of adhering to their art and not compromising, but I actually think it’s important to respect other cultures and not force them to adhere to the beliefs of your own country, and in fact, I think it’s a better way to connect with the people and to connect a message,†Gaga said.

:applause:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was so much outrage about her performing in Isreal, yet no one minds that she is performing in Dubai?

What you did there is problematic as **** and I'll just leave it at that.

What you did there is problematic as **** and I'll just leave it at that.

You could leave it at that, or you could edcuate someone who you think is uneducated and actually change the world in some small way. But it's easier to just dismiss people right?

I stand by what I said.

Mess at them asking that, it was rude. In fairness she's never been to the UAE before and she's playing a huge venue

People seem to keep glossing over the fact they booked her to play a 60,000 person venue with a ONE MILE LONG GRANDSTAND

Like I doubt any artist would manage to sell out something that huge

Also Dubai is expensive as ****, the ticket prices aren't comparable to other legs of the tour

You could leave it at that, or you could edcuate someone who you think is uneducated and actually change the world in some small way. But it's easier to just dismiss people right?

I stand by what I said.

Bravo. Go ahead and stand by what's fed to you through western media. It all must be fact. It has to be as prevalent as it's made out to be. Most Muslims are terrorists anyway.

Please, let's not condemn an entire culture of people like your little manipulated quote does there.

Homophobia of the worst kind exists in the Muslim world, yes, but don't act like there's a part of the world that has all their ducks in a row. Homophobia, misogyny, racism, and religious extremism exists in all parts of the world, in lots of forms. So, before you go on say we should be allowed to disrespect the culture of millions of people, remember that your neighborhood ain't that perfect either.

Allison M

People seem to keep glossing over the fact they booked her to play a 60,000 person venue with a ONE MILE LONG GRANDSTAND

Like I doubt any artist would manage to sell out something that huge

Also Dubai is expensive as ****, the ticket prices aren't comparable to other legs of the tour

I have a monster friend that lives in Dubai and loves Gaga soooooo much. He heard she would be in London one day during his vacation and he took the day to travel to her and wait all day and was so excited to get a blurry picture of her walking when he saw her for 10 seconds.

But he will not be attending this show because he can't afford it. He's also in his 30s, not a young person with a part time job. It's just too expensive. I told him to watch the prices because they might lower them? I'm sure they'd rather sell tickets at a cheaper price than not at all. But who knows. I just wish he could see her :( He loves her so much and you never know when this chance will come again if it comes again at all.

Bravo. Go ahead and stand by what's fed to you through western media. It all must be fact. It has to be as prevalent as it's made out to be. Most Muslims are terrorists anyway.

Please, let's not condemn an entire culture of people like your little manipulative quote does there.

Homophobia of the worst kind exists in the Muslim world, yes, but don't act like there's a part of the world that has all their ducks in a row. Homophobia, misogyny, racism, and religious extremism exists in all parts of the world, in lots of forms. So, before you go on say we should be allowed to disrespect the culture of millions of people, remember that your neighborhood ain't that perfect either.

The Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International published reports documenting 19 recent executions conducted by the Suadi goverment, which included the beheading of Amina bint Abdul Halim bin Salem Nasser for the crime of "sorcery."

Article 177 of the Penal Code of Dubai imposes imprisonment of up to 10 years on consensual sodomy.

This statment "the truth is that I am really just a pop star in disguise. My true passion is activism..." conflicts with her statments saying she will respect the culture of The United Arab Emirates.

I condemn all homophobic cultures.

i love when she explains her songs like what all the metaphors and what not mean. It's so cute i love hearing all of that information. The background information to her songs! :kissga:

Whispering

There was so much outrage about her performing in Isreal, yet no one minds that she is performing in Dubai?

Why wouldn't she? You can perform somewhere and disagree with their politics.

Beyoncé, Madonna and even Elton John have all performed concerts there in the past few years.

Why wouldn't she? You can perform somewhere and disagree with their politics.

Beyoncé, Madonna and even Elton John have all performed concerts there in the past few years.

I agree! I think she should perform in Dubai and use her show as a platform to speak out against their homophobic laws, just like she did in Russia.

I was just observing that the GGD users who didn't want her to perform in Isreal are no where to be found in the threads about her performing in Dubai.

Whispering

I agree! I think she should perform in Dubai and use her show as a platform to speak out against their homophobic laws, just like she did in Russia.

I was just observing that the GGD users who didn't want her to perform in Isreal are no where to be found in the threads about her performing in Dubai.

Did Elton and Madonna use their platform to speak out against the laws in Dubai? (i'm sure Beyoncé didn't try to come close to any kind of controversy of that nature)

Whispering

No, that was Gaga and not too long ago. haha

hmmm, I can't find that. :huh:

Maybe it was Troy you are thinking about:

-Gaga’s team had indicated she’d rather cancel a show than alter it to suit local morals. “We’ll skip them,†said Gaga’s manager, Troy Carter, according to the AFP. “We play the show as it is. It’s a very specific show, it’s a very specific audience.â€

-The Straits Times newspaper of Singapore reported Friday that Troy Carter said Lady Gaga "plays the show as it is," and that she is not "provocative for the sake of being provocative."

Maybe now that she is away from Troy, she has decided a few wardrobe modifications isn't that much to ask.

spicemuncher

4Y7A0L.jpg

:ohno::ohno::ohno:

gags ha ticket sales could mean an-y-thing-ah :rip:

That isn't even the Dubai stage... Although, you're right, none of the sections are sold out. Check www.ticketmaster.ae - the interactive map still shows tickets available for all areas.

Whispering

Yeah I dunno too, I was reading from the last page back and it didn't look so optimistic :ohno:

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That colorful map is of the venue in Istanbul.

You know not to trust the trolls on ATRL! :haha:

Archived