• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIFs

• zexion_armando

• Goldenhen

• LionHeartedGirl

zexion_armando

They better give me a huge Versus media blitz this year, cause we are finally talking about the next gen consoles... We need it out now, lol

And i hate when people say they never played an FF before VII. Makes me sad.

And i hate when people say they never played an FF before VII. Makes me sad.

me too = i really, REALLY love final fantasy v and vi. it's annoying to me that iv (and even i, ii, and iii for that matter) seem to get so much more attention. they're stuck in an awkward position so that they're ignored for not being of the "modern" games but also at the end of the "classic" ones, so the remake projects (i could have sworn that when iv was remade on ds there were plans to do v and vi?) lose steam before reaching them.

i can understand (but not agree with) ignoring v, but vi is a ****ing work of art. it deserves a complete remake, from the ground up, in the style of xiii. so do vii, viii, and ix for that matter. viii and ix get treatment similar to v and vi, i think, being in the middle of games that, for whatever reason, overshadow them.

me too = i really, REALLY love final fantasy v and vi. it's annoying to me that iv (and even i, ii, and iii for that matter) seem to get so much more attention. they're stuck in an awkward position so that they're ignored for not being of the "modern" games but also at the end of the "classic" ones, so the remake projects (i could have sworn that when iv was remade on ds there were plans to do v and vi?) lose steam before reaching them.

i can understand (but not agree with) ignoring v, but vi is a ****ing work of art. it deserves a complete remake, from the ground up, in the style of xiii. so do vii, viii, and ix for that matter. viii and ix get treatment similar to v and vi, i think, being in the middle of games that, for whatever reason, overshadow them.

So, so much. 6 is easily the most popular 2D game in the series, but 4 is the one with half a dozen ports and remakes and sequels. 7 is overdone as ****, 8 gets a fair share of exposure with Squall in KH, but 9 gets totally ignored (to my confusion and disappointment).

zexion_armando

IX is my absolute favorite. Its perfection, really. The only thing missing is some extra side missions like VII and VI advance had.

And I love IV a lot.. Enough to name my first kid after a character, lol.

And VI is a masterpiece. The climax alone... I cried.

thats cool, who was the character? he/she is already old enough to play final fantasy? must be such joy to play classics like these w/ ur own children *__* i plan to introduce mine to classical music w/ the help of 'eternal sonata' (when i do have kid, that is)

i can understand (but not agree with) ignoring v, but vi is a ****ing work of art. it deserves a complete remake, from the ground up, in the style of xiii. so do vii, viii, and ix for that matter.

vi is so perfect, i fear a remake could not do it justice. i think i prefer the old style to the more plastic one (like lunar, that had this gorgeous 16bit graphics and then just looked like a generic cell phone game in the psp).

Final Fantasy games hype>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gaga hype :nails:

i wonder what monsters would do if we had to wait 5 yrs for the next gaga work just like were waiting for versus. mass hysteria, perhaps?

LionHeartedGirl

*PRAISE THE LORD.

* :legend:

I'm so happy. I don't even mind how long it takes to get over here, just confirmation is enough. Apparently, we might be getting extra missions for the localised version too - probably true, because then they can re-release it in Japan as an 'international' version. ;)

And now the specualtion on voice actors can really begin. I'd love it if Steve Blum actually was King, it would fit. That of Dave Boat. Uh, and Celestia better get a damn good voice actress because I love her. :yell:

And now what's my motivation for learning Japanese? :rofl:

i wonder what monsters would do if we had to wait 5 yrs for the next gaga work just like were waiting for versus. mass hysteria, perhaps?

Haha, so true. I don't think most could cope! :rofl: And wow, has it really been 5 years we've been waiting? And I'm still really excited for it after all that time.

Edited by LionHeartedGirl

zexion_armando

thats cool, who was the character? he/she is already old enough to play final fantasy? must be such joy to play classics like these w/ ur own children *__* i plan to introduce mine to classical music w/ the help of 'eternal sonata' (when i do have kid, that is)

I don't have a kid yet, but when I do, lol.

Its Cecil. And I pronounce it Seh-sil, not see-sil like some folk, lol.

And I pronounce it Seh-sil, not see-sil like some folk, lol.

This totally reminded me of when I was little (like, 6-10) how I would mispronounce all the names rofl.

See-sul. Gulf. Rihanna (loool, Lenna was translated as Reina originally if it helps). Krilly? (Same thing, though I'm still not sure how Krile was supposed to be said). See-for-uth. Ri-ona. Zall. Quatsis. I-vreen.

Jeez that really makes me look ignorant. I think it stopped by the time IX came out though.

IX is my absolute favorite. Its perfection, really. The only thing missing is some extra side missions like VII and VI advance had.

And VI is a masterpiece. The climax alone... I cried.

I can't :dies: I find it so funny and cute at the same time.

Edited by Goldenhen

zexion_armando

This totally reminded me of when I was little (like, 6-10) how I would mispronounce all the names rofl.

See-sul. Gulf. Rihanna (loool, Lenna was translated as Reina originally if it helps). Krilly? (Same thing, though I'm still not sure how Krile was supposed to be said). See-for-uth. Ri-ona. Zall. Quatsis. I-vreen.

Jeez that really makes me look ignorant. I think it stopped by the time IX came out though.

Don't get me started on FF magic that i pronounced wrong, lol.

I can't :dies: I find it so funny and cute at the same time.

Yeah.

I want every kid I have to have a game based name lol.

LionHeartedGirl

... I'm 19 and I still pronounce a load of names wrong.

But I'm already terrible at pronouncing words, even normal ones, I can just never get my head around them. Doesn't help that in a Final Fantasy game a lot of names are hard to say anyway, like Quistis - I still just guess that one. :rofl:

Not long until XIII-2 now. I had no idea you could pick dialogue choices! Hmm, that and catching monsters for your team ...Is Final Fantasy turning into Shin Megami Tensei or something? ;) Not that I mind, brilliant video game series.

Edited by LionHeartedGirl

Not long until XIII-2 now. I had no idea you could pick dialogue choices! Hmm, that and catching monsters for your team ...Is Final Fantasy turning into Shin Megami Tensei or something?

cute final fantasy monster will never be as cool as the s-xy/bizarre demons from SMT. but i still want so bad to have a red metalic behemuth in my party :cry:

zexion_armando

cute final fantasy monster will never be as cool as the s-xy/bizarre demons from SMT. but i still want so bad to have a red metalic behemuth in my party :cry:

This.

Their version of Cthulhu alone is scary.

LionHeartedGirl

So true. I like Final Fantasy monsters, but SMT wins hands down. I especially love the ones in Nocturne - I'm gonna keep the gorgeous Ame no Uzume on my team forever~

And a behemoth would be so good. I'm looking forward to seeing Cait Sith, even if he isn't as cute as the one from VII. :)