Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The 5th album

Slayer

Featured Posts

SKANK

To be honest, I don't think we'll hear new music anytime soon. Or at least not great new music. As many have pointed out what ARTPOP lacks is heart. It's what made TFM a great album. It's raw nature, honest lyrics, the visceral and radical sound.

The problem is not fans wanting gaga's chart success, but rather gaga's obsession with her own success and utter dread of failure. The reason she became a megastar is the same reason why ARTPOP is not a masterpiece: because of gaga's obssesion with herself. She's incredibly self-centered and egotistical. And right now that mindset is not allowing her to let go of critisism, or let her make music from the heart.

The very essense of ARTPOP is a testament to that. She couldn't stand the idea of creating a new, equally succesful 'era' image. She said so herself, she doesn't need a new image, she doesn't need to reinvent herself. That's fear talking. ARTPOP is gaga putting together anything and everything that she believes will be succesful. That's why there's no storyline, that why it could 'mean anything'.

I, too, think act II won't happen. Gaga is still too scared of it's chart performance, and she'll cling to whatever she already released for as long as she can. But I love her, and I believe in her, and I know she'll get through this fear and insecurity.

So at least for now I think we'll have to wait.

I co-sign this post. Well said.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

I don't care what concept it is or what name if has, I just want new music.

Jesus everyone worries too much about the implications of an era. It's music.

She could release new music tmw with no single or promotion and people would be clawing at her for making dumb marketing decisions. It's so tiresome as a fan to see all you overreact to such trivial ****.

thissssss. jesus like i read alot of these threads about promo tactics and what she should do next and im just like "dont you guys get exhausted?" its just so annoying. music is music, its far beyond promo, hype, calculate this, calculate that, release the perfect hit thats fun, not too much this, not too much that, blah blah blah. maybe that's whats gotten gaga in such a rut is that artpo feels a bit calculated. just let her ideas fly, execute it exactly how you want, then release that ****. just put it out and stop this whirlwind. she made a strong statement at her ampya interview in germany about her not seeing her career in "eras" and how she wants it to be more fluid, but everything shes done this era has completely contradicted that; the references to the fame/her old ways constantly, just contradicts that. if you dont see your career in eras then stop emphasizing your desperate attempt to rehash your most popular "image". if you wish to seek a more fluid and less calculated art form, stop making us wait 2+ years for a watered down, complacent album with an identity crisis. 

Hexxx

Death of the blonde pop icon  :lolgaga:

Private In Public :derpga:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

HORRORHOLIC

I don't think Gaga should write new music while on tour this time. She should finish the tour, take a break for a while, take some time to figure out what direction musically and creatively she wants to go and work on the songs one at a time. I think she works on too many things at once sometimes.

thefamebitch

Anyone else think Gaga should NOT wait too long after the artRAVE ends to put out #5? Do we really need another huge blackout and lose more fans?

Ronk

I don't curr.  Personally, I'm looking forward to C2C.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Tropico

The tour just began. ARTPOP is 7 months old. The Era together is about only 10 months. Gaga nor I isn't ready to end this era. :whitney:

Imo album 5 should come out once Gaga's milked all the beauty out of this album (which can't be any time soon).... So we'll be waiting patiently here :Classy:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

It's important not to generalize though. There are many fans on here that are a fan purely for the music and the enjoyment they get from it. Of course there are those that are too wrapped up in if a release will be commercially viable or not, but many of us wouldn't care if she released Act II tomorrow with no promotion and it charted at #172 - we're here for her music.

Lol that's a straight up lie :dies: Majority of the people on this site are Little Managers. Hate anything which isn't the fame monster size smasher. If Gaga released the best album she's ever made but charted at #172 they would say it's her weakest and worst work to date. Sound familiar. Yeah. ARTPOP isn't her best album but it's freaking good but bc it wasn't as praised as TFM people make up excuses at to why it isn't good. I think a lot of people are too obsessed with great success. A lot of people on here would DEFINATELY meltdown if any album she released flopped. It's obvious.

Tropico

I think the music of ARTPOP was very gratifying, but the era as a whole left me wanting more. It never really seemed to kick off in the way her other eras had. Plus there's that factor that she has teased Act II a lot, for it to never happen, would be a shame. She says she just wants to make music for us, and there's so much leftover that didn't make ARTPOP - it'd be a real shame if we didn't get it in some format.

And you're within your rights to say that. The fact of the matter is, that isn't important to some of us. Her career is not just commercial success. The size of her fanbase alone means she'd never drift away into nothing. I think people greatly overegg the pudding and make a much bigger drama out of it than is necessary. ARTPOP charted in the top 5 in many countries. I'm sure her next release would chart favourably, just because of who she is. If it didn't so what? There's always next time.

What the real issue here is not success (or any apparent lack of it) but some fans' culture shock that she's not "top dog" anymore, I feel.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T OVEREXAGERATE! :worship: and understands the problem with this fanbase (only on the forums though) :worship:

I think that the next album will come out in like few years. Act II won't be released since it is continuation of ARTPOP

Bambino

I think ACT II is just a working title for a whole new album she's recording. Tbh I don't see the point of her continuing the theme of ARTPOP when the first album/part didn't convey whatever message she wanted to convey to the masses.

I only want Act II just for more music,am I the only one? :shrug:

No, I agree with you. I just want more music and I'd be happy with an Act II or a totally new concept. I'm down for whatever she has in store for us!

Archived