💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Dope" Listed as One of the Saddest Songs (According to PopCrush)

Prometheus

Featured Posts

Hexxx

Dope sounds silly in way. i find humor in it.

but IWBWY :cryga:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PMKKARDASHiAN

To be completely honest, ARTPOP doesn't feel like the Gaga I fell in love with. Dope is the Gaga I feel in love with. I think the most easy answer, is that ARTPOP wasn't pure, it was pushed by her label to be a success, and she didn't want her artistry to die in their decisions, so she took control of the situation. ARTPOP was made for radio, the single could be hits, the promo is small, but the potential is huge. People think it's because people are "done" with her, or that somehow she's "lost her carear", but it just seems like she's lost her interest in pleaseing her label, or the GP. Music not the Bling isn't ARTPOP the album, its the song. I think at this point I'm just rambleing @ this point, but when it comes down to the wire, ARTPOP isn't a success because she doesn't want it to be. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy..

I can kinda see where you're coming from. And I agree. She used to be so full of herself [in a good way] and believed in every single thing she's done and released. Hence the gaga I fell in love with as well, but I feel like she's lost her spark and confidence over the past couple years and she's being swayed by her label or who ever is in charge and she's second guessing her on decisions and it shows, thus the music and imagery lacks that certain "gaga" esque appeal that dazzled the masses in 08-10

ASTROVEGA

To be completely honest, ARTPOP doesn't feel like the Gaga I fell in love with. Dope is the Gaga I feel in love with. I think the most easy answer, is that ARTPOP wasn't pure, it was pushed by her label to be a success, and she didn't want her artistry to die in their decisions, so she took control of the situation. ARTPOP was made for radio, the single could be hits, the promo is small, but the potential is huge. People think it's because people are "done" with her, or that somehow she's "lost her carear", but it just seems like she's lost her interest in pleaseing her label, or the GP. Music not the Bling isn't ARTPOP the album, its the song. I think at this point I'm just rambleing @ this point, but when it comes down to the wire, ARTPOP isn't a success because she doesn't want it to be. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy..

:applause: :applause: :applause:

she's been trying to tell us this for so long and still, some of her fans are still very concentrated on how well she does in comparison to others instead of just being here for her artistry and music. Dope was really the most personal song on the album for me and is a very special song

Haroon

I don't feel emotion when I listen to Dope, I kind of laugh when I'm listening to it :sweat: I connected a bit more with I Wanna Be With You :shrug: Unfortunately Dope will always be a song that I'll just skip on ARTPOP :noparty: 

VforVendetta

I don't feel emotion when I listen to Dope, I kind of laugh when I'm listening to it :sweat: I connected a bit more with I Wanna Be With You :shrug: Unfortunately Dope will always be a song that I'll just skip on ARTPOP :noparty:

How can you laugh with Dope? :udidnt: It talks about when we reach a dead end in our lives, we have done mistakes and we realise that we were living our whole life under the influence of "dope". Its when you realise that people are the most important thing in life and you may have hurt them. Its then that you realise that you are low from living high, that the only thing you need is love, not Dope.

:emo:

TimisaMonster

The quality of the song has nothing to do with it being a successful single. Either way Dope is a ballad and has already entered top 10 and has sold similar to GUY so it will definitely do much better. Its also classes better song than GUY imo.

:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VforVendetta

:awkney:

Well except from the last one that is an opinion, the others are all facts so you can't really doubt anything else. :lana:

TimisaMonster

Well except from the last one that is an opinion, the others are all facts so you can't really doubt anything else. :lana:

K... You so funny lol :lana:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VforVendetta

K... You so funny lol :lana:

Thanks. :lana:

Ladle Ghoulash

I can kinda see where you're coming from. And I agree. She used to be so full of herself [in a good way] and believed in every single thing she's done and released. Hence the gaga I fell in love with as well, but I feel like she's lost her spark and confidence over the past couple years and she's being swayed by her label or who ever is in charge and she's second guessing her on decisions and it shows, thus the music and imagery lacks that certain "gaga" esque appeal that dazzled the masses in 08-10

Interesting. I actually think she cares less about pleasing her label and the GP than ever before.

Prometheus

Interesting. I actually think she cares less about pleasing her label and the GP than ever before.

Maybe she should care a bit more.

*waits to be dragged*

codymonster

Loved Dope since the first listen. I can hear the pain in every word. She literally is singing about the pain she felt the last couple years. It breaks my heart every time tbh.

Solar

Dope is such a cool song. The mix between piano and synths is so good.

and the lyrics catup.png

Ronk

Dope is one of her greatest songs ever.  I would be there for an album of ballads.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Prometheus
Dope is one of her greatest songs ever.  I would be there for an album of ballads.

Archived