💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you guys think Venus would do well as the lead?

disneyhigh

Venis  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would Venus do well at the lead single of ARTPOP

• yes
    • no

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emvee

I agree, I still cringe thinking about how her management released the song the same time as roar. That caused the whole gaga vs katy thing

Gaga's management announced Applause's release date before Katy's did... I don't see how that could have been avoided at all. 

Slade

Yes, I think it would've smashed and might have fared better against Roar too.

It's weird, extremely daring, different, and very Gaga. Applause introduced the album well, but Venus is ARTPOP. It would've been the most perfect introduction to the album/era ever, period. I would definitely sacrifice Applause as a single to have Venus as the lead. I think it's a much more epic lead single and would've affected the album and era more positively. I think people were anticipating something more like Venus from ARTPOP.

As the second single, it may have done well...now, probably not so much. The lead single is the only place I can see it in all honesty. I think Do What U Want would've been an epic lead too and definitely would've gone #1, but I think the lead single should be a little more reflective of the album's sound as a whole.

Venus > DWUW > G.U.Y. would have been absolute perfection.

Edit: Venus > Applause > DWUW > G.U.Y. would've been phenomenal too!

Slade

Gaga's management announced Applause's release date before Katy's did... I don't see how that could have been avoided at all. 

Yeah, I remember how pissed I was when the PRISM truck came out and the single release was announced...like ARTPOP was announced in early July and PRISM & Roar were announced later and just so happened to be like 2 weeks before Gaga's album (well exactly one week before for Roar...)

disneyhigh

Yes, I think it would've smashed and might have fared better against Roar too.

It's weird, extremely daring, different, and very Gaga. Applause introduced the album well, but Venus is ARTPOP. It would've been the most perfect introduction to the album/era ever, period. I would definitely sacrifice Applause as a single to have Venus as the lead. I think it's a much more epic lead single and would've affected the album and era more positively. I think people were anticipating something more like Venus from ARTPOP.

As the second single, it may have done well...now, probably not so much. The lead single is the only place I can see it in all honesty. I think Do What U Want would've been an epic lead too and definitely would've gone #1, but I think the lead single should be a little more reflective of the album's sound as a whole.

Venus > DWUW > G.U.Y. would have been absolute perfection.

YES to this, I definitely agree Venus is something people and fans were expecting from her. 

Slade

YES to this, I definitely agree Venus is something people and fans were expecting from her. 

Fans for sure! I remember a lot of people here being disappointed with Applause when it came out.

calmar

Fans for sure! I remember a lot of people here being disappointed with Applause when it came out.

I don't think it would have mattered what she put out; there would have been people disappointed in her no matter what she did.

At any rate, no, I don't think Venus would have done too well at all. I remember my first time listening to it and it was... just a bizarre song. I think it's best as a song for fans.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Mythos

Probably, but when they don't have faith in their own album what to expect? 

She should left it as 2nd Single and release DWUW as 3rd Single.

If the same shiat happens next Era i am gonna go crazy, for real!

Diamond Heart

Nope, it wouldve absolutely bombed. I love Venus but i honestly dont understand why people think it shouldve been a single. Its been performed on major TV shows and it had no impact on its sales on itunes. Plus I think Venus is a FAN favourite, but everyone that i know that has heard it absolutely hates it.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Kermit the frog

Venus is the best song on the album.

This. It has that special magical chorus that has you hooked from the first listen. And those verses are insane.

Martijn

Aura tho...
That would've been so perfect if she planned everything... The video would've slayed and it would've stabbed Roar to pieces.

shaneybaby

yes bc its a memorable song that makes a unique statement. i love applause but its not as unique to me as venus 

In my opinion Applause was a better option. Applause is different but not as weird as Venus.

In my opinion G.U.Y. or Do What U Want were the best options for lead single and I'm glad DWUW took Venus place. DWUW was just a wasted opportunity.

Archived