Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

To end the Katy-Gaga talk on this forum...

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

Because Katy is writing music to appeal. She makes her music with that motivation which makes the work many levels lower. I don't need to know her creative process when all her works speak for themselves. I mean how can you deny that?

heh. I highly HIGHLY doubt that Katy Perry writes her own music. Most pop stars have teams of people who write their songs for them. She's a decent vocalist and definitely charismatic, I'll give her that. But she's more of an actress, imho. She's not an artist. And I think that's the essential point of this thread. 

Gaga is an artist. She actually writes her own songs, and they are personally expressive and meaningful to her.

Again, this is one of the defining differences between her and people like Britney. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh. I highly HIGHLY doubt that Katy Perry writes her own music. Most pop stars have teams of people who write their songs for them. She's a decent vocalist and definitely charismatic, I'll give her that. But she's more of an actress, imho. She's not an artist. And I think that's the essential point of this thread.

Gaga is an artist. She actually writes her own songs, and they are personally expressive and meaningful to her.

Again, this is one of the defining differences between her and people like Britney.

Katy does write though...

I agree with most of what you have written, but shall take into account that Katy tries to catch up with Gagas level of impact.

We can't really take people as 1-dimensional characters. Britney has been turnt into money making GP sweetheart, but eventually we could see that she didn't like that.

Now Katy is current biggest cash machine , but I can see that she wants to get more indie / iconic / Gaga / memorable. On the other hand some of Gagas steps during the ARTPOP era prove that she sometimes also wants to slay charts and get dat money.

So as you see the border between their personalities is kinda blurred. Their next albums will prove who is GP pleaser and who is icon.

In my eyes Gaga makes more real, intelligent, high quality, innovative, and better music. End of story.

Katy can have her #1's, her music is still sh!t to me and no amount of #1's will win my fandom until her music starts being more high quality. 

Dangerous Man

to make a comparison to the late 80's... 

Katy Perry is more like Tiffany 

114852181.jpg

& Gaga is more like Madonna. 

Tiffany was completely forgotten within a decade... Although she was huge for a few years. 

lol, who? no offense but at least I could see her names her in GGD before your post.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

VforVendetta

I agree with most of what you have written, but shall take into account that Katy tries to catch up with Gagas level of impact.

We can't really take people as 1-dimensional characters. Britney has been turnt into money making GP sweetheart, but eventually we could see that she didn't like that.

Now Katy is current biggest cash machine , but I can see that she wants to get more indie / iconic / Gaga / memorable. On the other hand some of Gagas steps during the ARTPOP era prove that she sometimes also wants to slay charts and get dat money.

So as you see the border between their personalities is kinda blurred. Their next albums will prove who is GP pleaser and who is icon.

I don't think that after 4 albums for Gagas and 3 for Katy they still need to prove that, its obvious. As for Gaga, of course she also wants to be successful in the charts, ambition is a part of human personality and its a good thing. Of course she is also gonna make some commercial moves. This doesn't make her Katy Perry.

Archived