Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"So many fans left because Gaga started flopping"

Willy Wonka

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aquaprincess

i think its a mixed bag of reasons. not just one right/wrong answer. its very plausible that people just don't like her music anymore. its also possible that people don't buy her music because she's not "in" or the "it" girl anymore. and it could also be that they hate having artistry shoved down their throats every five seconds, not saying i believe shes doing that, but thats what the public or gp believe. or that they've gotten tired of her image.i think its all of the above probably.

Willy Wonka

Lol I don't need to :laughga: I know it, I don't care if you don't :classy:

Don't make me come for you handsome

XoXoJoanneGaga

I don't see why people find it so hard to believe that maybe some fans left for the SAME reason that she hasn't had the same commercial success. Maybe the GP just said "hmm I'm not feeling the music" and the fans who left were like "hmm I'm not feeling the music". I don't know why it's assumed that tons of fans left SOLELY due to the lack of commercial success. What was driving the lack of commercial success?

Thank you, this is so simple yet so many fans refuse to believe it. Many people stopped actively following Gaga because they're not interested in what she's doing and don't think her music is great anymore. I've talked to tons of people like this on other forums and social media sites.

People didn't leave her because she isn't killing the charts. They left for the same reasons why she isn't killing the charts

Many people stopped actively following Gaga because they're not interested in what she's doing...

Leaving is not the same as "stopped actively following". Those who aren't actively following everything she does at the moment are probably still fans and consider themselves fans and haven't "left". There's just not a lot going on at the moment.

But if someone truly left the fanbase, like they used to be fans but have stopped liking Gaga completely, then it's quite possible they were were just fans of the charts/fame/buzz.

Willy Wonka

Leaving is not the same as "stopped actively following". Those who aren't actively following everything she does at the moment are probably still fans and consider themselves fans and haven't "left". There's just not a lot going on at the moment.But if someone truly left the fanbase, like they used to be fans but have stopped liking Gaga completely, then it's quite possible they were were just fans of the charts/fame/buzz.

But how often in our discussions do we delineate between leaving and not actively following?

Michael

Don't make me come for you handsome

Sorry baby didnt mean to show u my sassy side

Carrie Bradshaw

Many fans left because they do not relate to Gaga anymore. She's awkwardly different nowadays from how she was back in 2008 - 2009.

Many fans left because they do not relate to Gaga anymore. She's awkwardly different nowadays from how she was back in 2008 - 2009.
I don't see it, myself. :shrug:

Carrie Bradshaw

I don't see it, myself. :shrug:

But the fact she has changed is undeniable. Some fans think she changed for the worse and left. 

sobercool

Exactly and no one is discrediting anything. It's just a valid observation that most people left because she wasn't on top. I mean yeah other things happened along the way but you can't deny that her not being commercially successful led to people fleeing.

I mean, Gaga's hair could look like **** every day, but if ARTPOP was a 3M-selling album with #1 singles nobody would care about her hair and/or lacefront as much as fans do these days.  :dies:

I know this is not the case for everyone and I totally understand their mentality that now that Gaga isn't on top, the usual pastime of fans is to figure out why this is and blame it on stuff as irrelevant as what she says on her interview in which she has been saying mostly the same stuff since 2009.

The pretentiousness, let alone incomprehensibility, of Haus of Gaga's introductory statement re ARTPOP says all you need to know about the secondary role music plays in the album.

Sorry Gaga, but the GP are not interested in exploring your existence as a cultural interface thereby enabling all and sundry to share in the adrenaline of fame.

And no, ARTPOP is not a rage of electronic passion and fury that neatly encapsulates and expresses your creative journey as an artist.

The rhetoric and hyperbole that heralded the pending arrival of an album that was supposedly going to be iconic for this generation was ridiculous. Nothing more and nothing less than that, - ridiculous!

Or did Gaga really think that money can buy some sort of alignment between the world of art and the world of pop and all she had to do was pay HEAPS of money to thirsty old Koons and Bramovich for advertising and then wear all sorts of weird artyfarty high fashion outfits in various places worldwide?

As for the amazing app that will allow social media to alter the human experience, just stop. Oh, hang on, it already HAS stopped. All of its own accord.

Come ON folks.

Let Gaga have a 'flop' and let her be in charge of it! Making excuses or coming up with explanations makes Gaga a victim of the vagaries of fame. What a crock. She took some risks and they didn't pay off. G. U.Y. was another enormous (and expensive) risk and it didn't pay off.

Please point me in the direction of great artists who never once had this happen in their career? I thought so. There are none. Gaga is in good company then.

It might feel like the end of the world to Gaga fans, many of whom were obsessed by her fame and OTT persona and (apparent) rebellion. For them the music was an extra.

Bring on the tour. Continue being brave and keep taking risks, Gaga. ILU for always doing that.

Willy Wonka

The pretentiousness, let alone incomprehensibility, of Haus of Gaga's introductory statement re ARTPOP says all you need to know about the secondary role music plays in the album.

Sorry Gaga, but the GP are not interested in exploring your existence as a cultural interface thereby enabling all and sundry to share in the adrenaline of fame.

And no, ARTPOP is not a rage of electronic passion and fury that neatly encapsulates and expresses your creative journey as an artist.

The rhetoric and hyperbole that heralded the pending arrival of an album that was supposedly going to be iconic for this generation was ridiculous. Nothing more and nothing less than that, - ridiculous!

Or did Gaga really think that money can buy some sort of alignment between the world of art and the world of pop and all she had to do was pay HEAPS of money to thirsty old Koons and Bramovich for advertising and then wear all sorts of weird ****e in various places worldwide?

As for the amazing app that will allow social media to alter the human experience, just stop. Oh, hang on, it already HAS stopped. All of its own accord.

Come ON folks.

Let Gaga have a 'flop' and ket her be in charge of it! Making excuses or coming up with explanations makes Gaga a victim of the vagaries of fame. Wha a crock. She took some risks and they didn't pay off. G. U.Y. was another enormous (and expensive) risk and it didn't pay off.

Please point me in the direction of great artists who never once had this happen in their career? I thought so. There are none. Gaga is in good company then.

It might feel like the end of the world to Gaga fans, many of whom were obsessed by her fame and OTT persona and (apparent) rebellion. For them the music was an extra.

Bring on the tour. Continue being brave and keep taking risks, Gaga. ILU for always dong that.

I'm cackling and crying and applauding and cheering and screaming. I appreciate this post so much. She went for it and it didn't pay off. I respect her for pushing herself, but I realize that it was clearly not as successful as she though it'd be.

You're completely right. She has a tendency to value style over substance, and this is evident in the way she presents her music and the actual music.

Just to add on to your argument, let's also remember her tweets about the artRave release party:

artRave is Nov. 10 NY loc. TBA. 1800 ppl will be allowed in. The final retrograde phase of Mercury will occur, transitioning communication.

It will reveal the miscommunications in our lives. We will no longer be able to side-step the consequences of what we choose to say.

It was a pretty average party.

She keeps making these bombastic statements and the product isn't backing it up.

Mister G

Or did Gaga really think that money can buy some sort of alignment between the world of art and the world of pop and all she had to do was pay HEAPS of money to thirsty old Koons and Bramovich for advertising and then wear all sorts of weird artyfarty high fashion outfits in various places worldwide?

Come ON folks.

Let Gaga have a 'flop' and let her be in charge of it! Making excuses or coming up with explanations makes Gaga a victim of the vagaries of fame. What a crock. She took some risks and they didn't pay off. G. U.Y. was another enormous (and expensive) risk and it didn't pay off.

Bring on the tour. Continue being brave and keep taking risks, Gaga. ILU for always doing that.

Yeah another short film not going over so well. I thought it was great but I don't think people are that interested in it especially since its views are emulating that of Marry The Night. I agree about the overhyping concept and when it's time to deliver she basically comes up short. It's almost like at this point she doesn't care which is why most people stopped caring. Not saying it's 100% the case but it's relatively convincing given how we barely get any promo for a new single these days.

Archived