Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

HARLEQUIN Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

weed

"comedy with tragic words" she better drag the Best Comedy Series category at The Emmys!

• LMAO 4

Togekiss

Well I’m gonna be listening to this on repeat for the foreseeable future 🤩

I love every single track so much I’m actually sort of blown away

360 > 143
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

MOT

I'll be playing this album to death. Her voice is wonderful. Dare I suggest that duetting with Tony may have constrained her just a touch ? We're getting the full glory here.

I haven't seen the movie, but my understanding is that some of the songs are deliberately sung amateurishly. I wonder did that bother her a bit, singing these classics and not doing them justice ... fixed now anyway.

Early impressions of favourite tracks are Happy Mistake and The Joker, and Oh When The Saints struck a chord with me too. Very early days though. It took me ages to sort Chromatica out.

Happy Mistake is one they could be playing long after we're all gone.

Edited by MOT
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

River

Saints guitar solo is fire lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

River

I wish she will release all the instrumetal

there's an interesting production here

Takox

Starting the day with "Good morning" it's such a beautiful experience 

See the world with me
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hyperobject

this is will perfect for November and December easy festive listening sessions… Mariah, who? 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

River

world on a string is beautiful and sounds so fresh

• Like 1

MonSwiftAnton
24 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, her vocals are excellent. I low key believe this is her best vocal work on a full album (there are some songs in the past which are superior, but in terms of an entire work the vocals on this album are superior imo). Really amazing considering her smoking (though she's said she quit, and she has quit in the past temporarily) and how vocals usually degrade with age. You can tell she's taking care of her voice and is a trained vocalist.

One of the few things I will complain about with Gaga's albums is the sound mixing isn't always great...but it's fantastic here (better than Chromatica). I hope the soundmixing is as good on LG 7.

Serban Ghenea is a wizard at mixing music. It sounds soo good! 

• Like 2

RudraCNG

I'm in love with Folie à Deux. The fact that she alone wrote this masterpiece :bradley:

RudraCNG

And am I the only one who expected her to say "Take my hand, stay Joanne" at the beginning of JaD? :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3

Hyperobject
Just now, RudraCNG said:

And am I the only one who expected her to say "Take my hand, stay Joanne" at the beginning of JaD? :ladyhaha:

I LITERALLY GASPED WHEN I HEARD “TAKE MY HAND” AND THEN LAUGHED SO HARD :deadbanana: 

• LMAO 4

TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

The Joker is what it feels like when you're spiraling out of control if you're off your meds :selena:

I could see it. I always related to Replay in that way!

3 hours ago, princedeeblebleble said:

I kinda  feel cheated cause the teasers and visuals were not giving the showtuniness and jazzyness of it all :ladyhaha:

For me the album gets really good with The Joker, first half I only really enjoyed All the saints with the highlights defo being The joker (I'd kill for more songs and vocals like that from her), FAD and absolutely Happy mistakes, which destroyed my soul. That's life is also a great finish to the album considering everything she's been through in her career.

Overall beautiful vocals, she really explored a lot of genres but I just don't like the idea of covers, cause I feel like The joker is the only one where she kinda took an old song and made it modern and ****ed up in a good way. The waltz is beautiful and the lyrics have that Gaga sensibility.. standouts also include Close to you and Gonna build a mountain, really beautiful vocals and production!

As a whole body of work is not really for me, I'll probably add some ASIB  songs, her Red and blue ep with DWAS to make the rockery album I hoped it would be, so she could still get some streams from little old me :cheeky:

I'm incredibly shocked that there's not more of this sentiment. I want to mention that I'm always for Gaga doing what she wants to do, even if I'm not personally interested in it. But I was really waiting for a duality play between Jazz and Rock and was a bit disappointed to see The Joker was the only trace of real deviation from Jazz. Yes the music has some twists and they're not straight covers, but they're not really pivoting all that hard from Jazz. And I do feel a bit cheated knowing The Joker was the only real snippet we had and it sounds nothing like the rest. I did really like Happy Mistake, but the rest isn't for me. However I can tell Gaga really wanted to do this and this was a huge sign of growth in a very versatile artist. I'm happy she's in a place to create and release passion projects!

2 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

The way this is essentially an audition for her to star in broadway one day… I hope the new york theatre scene is paying attention!! :grr:

With artists as big as Gaga, with their own platform and such, what is the appeal of Broadway? I'm genuinely curious. I know it's done sometimes but I don't get why.