news

Interscope: "We treated DWAS like an album rollout not just a single"

PatrickMonster

Featured Posts

Real Panda
47 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I still haven't heard this song on the radio. Instead, they're playing lots of other Gaga (and in this case, Bruno) songs. Not the first time I've noticed this sort of behavior, but I don't pretend to understand it. Especially since they did play "Bloody Mary" when it went viral.

It was played on KIIS FM LA 12 times yesterday (most plays in a day from 1 station, for Die With A Smile) and 8 times for Z100 New York. They also played Bad Romance, Paparazzi and Poker Face.

• Love 1

palma
34 minutes ago, Economy said:
  Hide contents

So what they do for promo besides getting it on TTH on spotify?

Thank you omg :billie:

We had 3 amazing performances spreading organically on TikTok through fan videos, a small amount of CDs sold on their stores (no vinyl, no cassette, no merch), thank GOD TTH happened and even then it didn't debut in the top 10 first Friday and they amped up their playlisting game only as the song started to smash on its own. Radio updates have been nice so far but you'd expect them to get her a radio deal so that the song could challenge #1. They didn't even release the instrumental on streaming or a lyric video when the song is screaming Karaoke hit!

Besides the pop-up stores whose impact is not exactly measurable, what did Interscope really do to pat themselves on the back like this? Gaga and Bruno wrote a great song and it connected with the audience. That's pretty much it.

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hyperobject

no merch, no physicals (besides the CDs), no pre-recorded performances, no radio deal, no live tv gigs… like, girl? promo where?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Economy
3 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

no merch, no physicals (besides the CDs), no pre-recorded performances, no radio deal, no live tv gigs… like, girl? promo where?! 

BS interviews as usual

• Like 1

Hyperobject
8 minutes ago, palma said:

We had 3 amazing performances spreading organically on TikTok through fan videos

and then some fan recorded video of their live performance from Vegas has almost (if not over) 1M views!!!! and they still haven’t uploaded anything to their official channels! lmao I have to laugh! 

• Thanks 3

Hyperobject
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

BS interviews as usual

Interscope watching DWAS smashing without them lifting a finger:

simpsons-leonardo-nimoy.gif

• Like 4
  • LMAO 9
  • Love 1

NATAH
2 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

Interscope watching DWAS smashing without them lifting a finger:

simpsons-leonardo-nimoy.gif

i fear this will have them deluded for LG7 :franminervini:

mother, what must i do?

ssslyboy
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Well in OP they are saying they are pushing it, some of us are just wondering how exactly

And it hadnt exploded on radio lately. Weve had a week of relative stagnation and drops with a couple days of gains again :enigma:

I didn't read the article (too long for me lol) but I'm guessing they already gave it a push and because it's flying on it's own, they're just letting it do its thing now?  I track it on kworb and pulse every day and it definitely hasn't been stagnant.  It's usually one of the top 5 radio gainers each day, with few exceptions. :shrug:

NewYorkGirl

Why do I always read DWAS as DJ White Shadow? 

Also I haven’t heard the song literally anywhere. 

Edited by NewYorkGirl
My. Lawyer. Liked. That.
  • LMAO 2

darkgaga

So an album rollout without promo, professional performances, and just seeing how it goes?

• Thanks 2

Economy
1 hour ago, ssslyboy said:

I didn't read the article (too long for me lol) but I'm guessing they already gave it a push and because it's flying on it's own, they're just letting it do its thing now?  I track it on kworb and pulse every day and it definitely hasn't been stagnant.  It's usually one of the top 5 radio gainers each day, with few exceptions. :shrug:

I mean i been tracking it too and this last entire week only the last 2 days had good radio updates otherwise the other 5 were flat or declines.

Hoping it was just a blip

AndiGaga

Nice to read but in my opinion the greatness of the song and their combined star power carry the success

The pop up things were cute but the rest of the promo? A music video and Brunos Instagram Stories

Economy
10 minutes ago, zerojk said:

inb4 this is their excuse to justify no promo/budget for LG7 :wtfga:

"We got the standalone single on Spotify TTHs now we dont have to do anything"

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office