💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna's best song

Blackout19

Featured Posts

palma

Nothing Really Matters but you really have a lot to choose from :partysick:

In no particular order (well maybe in chronological order, god tier in italics):

Live to Tell, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Promise to Try, Dear Jessie, Oh Father, Vogue, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Secret, Bedtime Story, Human Nature, Drowned World/Substitute for Love, Nothing Really Matters, Frozen, The Power of Good-Bye, To Have and Not to Hold, Mer Girl, Don't Tell Me, Paradise (Not for Me), Nothing Fails, Easy Ride, Hung Up, Sorry, Isaac...

Madonna's run from True Blue to COADF is untouchable tbh. :partysick: People like to sh*t on her musicianship a lot cuz she's a brat and she is not a vocalist but she's a very solid songwriter :partysick:

EDIT: I also believe Nothing Really Matters is the best song in modern history and I'm not joking about it :huntyga:

Edited by palma
  • Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• palma

• MelbHawker

• Blackout19

• MrHappy

Popular Days

MrHappy

Frozen, Power Of Goodbye and Nothing Really Matters but Nothing Fails, Rain and Rescue Me has their own place in my heart.

palma
1 hour ago, HermesGr said:

Seriously she has so big catalogue and beside her voice ability, she has great songs too! In a quick choice, i LOVE

Sky fits heaven,

Skin,

Paradise (Not for Me),

Nothing really matters,

Swim, 

Forbidden love,

Frozen,

To have n not to hold,

La isla bonita,

Jump,

Vogue,

Isaac,

Secret.

and i believe some other i forget now..

I guess i m a fan?? 😅🤷🏻‍♂️nothing really matters madonna GIF

Immaculate taste btw :partysick:

• Thanks 1

JessFletch

Honorable mentions:

Express Yourself, Borderline, Holiday, Music, Hung Up, Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You, Into The Groove, Like A Prayer, Vogue, Papa Don't Preach, Girl Gone Wild, Bitch I’m Madonna, Sorry, Push (editing because I keep forgetting omfg this is hard)

Top 3:

3) Crazy For You

tumblr_lxzcdk7Bcc1qlycwjo1_500.gif

2) Die Another Day 

tumblr_lzprxrdEkS1qezehvo1_500.gif

1) Living For Love 

tumblr_pk3bqmTn221u2gzw0o1_400.gif

Edited by JessFletch
⚫️

Real Panda

I dont know a lot of her songs but I really love 4 Minutes, its a good exercise song.

Battle 4 Ur Life

it’s Vogue and Papa Don’t Preach

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Bronco
2 hours ago, HermesGr said:

Seriously she has so big catalogue and beside her voice ability, she has great songs too! In a quick choice, i LOVE

Sky fits heaven,

Skin,

Paradise (Not for Me),

Nothing really matters,

Swim, 

Forbidden love,

Frozen,

To have n not to hold,

La isla bonita,

Jump,

Vogue,

Isaac,

Secret.

and i believe some other i forget now..

I guess i m a fan?? 😅🤷🏻‍♂️nothing really matters madonna GIF

Literally everyone one of these songs could make a Madonna tour setlist and I would invest billions in tickets tbh. 

Skin & Swim are the 2 best tracks from Ray of Light hands down.

• Thanks 1

MACATL

Express Yourself is the “best all around” Madonna song of all time IMO.  There are many great ones, though, that become temporary faves based on my mood.  

Crazy For You

Dont Tell me

Material Girl 

Papa Don’t Preach

Open

Your Heart 

Music 

Frozen

Cherish

True Blue

Live To Tell

Jump

Get Together 

etc

bowlsofbrett

There’s no way I could pick a favorite, but we could narrow it down in terms of which songs had the most impact and remain iconic.

“Holiday” is a classic dance floor staple and is frequently played on radio. 

“Like A Virgin” - Huge number 1 smash. Set the MTV stage on fire with controversy. 

“Material Girl” - Still referenced. The Marilyn Monroe imagery. 

“Into The Groove” - Another consistent dance floor banger. Constantly played on radio to this day.

“Papa Don’t Preach” - A song with a message about teen pregnancy. Relevant then and now. 

“Live To Tell” - One of Madonna’s greatest ballads. A risk to release it as the first single from ‘True Blue’ but proved to be a successful one. A great reinvention and a showcased a serious side.

”Open Your Heart” - The music video is iconic. Beautifully choreographed. Queer imagery. 

“La Isla Bonita” - Brought some culture to radio and MTV. Still played heavily on radio.

”Like A Prayer” - Controversial, bold, a new direction, and still relevant. 

“Express Yourself” - One of the ultimate empowerment anthems. Always relevant. 

“Vogue” - Brought voguing to the mainstream. Iconic music video.

”Justify My Love” - Controversial. The first music video single sold on video. Made bank. 

“Erotica” - Further controversy. Paved the way for future artists to be able to express sexual imagery in their art.

”Take A Bow” - A great adult contemporary comeback. Number 1 for 7 weeks. 

“Ray of Light” still referenced. Dance floor banger. Helped usher in electronica.

”Frozen” - Iconic music video. Iconic song. Iconic imagery.

”Music” - Another dance floor banger. Huge hit. Still played.

”Don’t Tell Me” - Iconic western vibes. Iconic video. Beautiful choreography.

”American Life” - It’s a cult classic. Ahead of its time in terms of calling out war crimes. 

“Hung Up” - Madonna’s ultimate return to disco/dance form. Massive hit. Iconic video.

• Like 1

KindnessPunk
4 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

in my opinion:

I need an album to sound just like this :heart:

Wish she would’ve performed this at the Celebration Tour!

Arcanum

Very very unpopular opinion but I think her artistry is encapsulated in "Mer girl".

It's her life story expressed through raw emotion in the best possible minimal art form, which very much contradicts her career.

It's not a song that you can have on repeat and definitely not one memorable as a hit, but quality wise these 5 mins can detonate a vast explosion of emotions and commence a spiritual journey of your very own choices in life.

I remember the first time I have listened to it I stared for a long time to the sea, trying to understand how I should pick up my life.

Edited by Arcanum
I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Like 1

JoeCool

Lots of good ones mentioned and that she has.  This one I think deserves mentioning though and I hadn't seen it yet.

Great song and great memories.  I can still remember I was in high school when this song came out as did Austin Powers.  Funny movie and she cemented herself to me as a goddess with this video.  Very beautiful woman 

• YAAAS 1

Ronk
2 hours ago, palma said:

Nothing Really Matters but you really have a lot to choose from :partysick:

In no particular order (well maybe in chronological order, god tier in italics):

Live to Tell, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Promise to Try, Dear Jessie, Oh Father, Vogue, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Secret, Bedtime Story, Human Nature, Drowned World/Substitute for Love, Nothing Really Matters, Frozen, The Power of Good-Bye, To Have and Not to Hold, Mer Girl, Don't Tell Me, Paradise (Not for Me), Nothing Fails, Easy Ride, Hung Up, Sorry, Isaac...

Madonna's run from True Blue to COADF is untouchable tbh. :partysick: People like to sh*t on her musicianship a lot cuz she's a brat and she is not a vocalist but she's a very solid songwriter :partysick:

EDIT: I also believe Nothing Really Matters is the best song in modern history and I'm not joking about it :huntyga:

This entire list are favorites of mine.  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Love 1