💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor postpones tonight’s show in Rio

Kimmo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Future Lovers said:

Also, before the conversation of “why didn’t they do this before fans were in the stadium?” starts. 

The final decision was made by a government agency. With these events, it isn’t up to the artist alone to cancel or postpone contrary to popular belief. The artist’s team, the promoter, the venue, and local authorities all must be on the same page and in mutual agreement on what’s going to happen before it can happen. 

The mayor has been the one posting details about dates and such, Taylor has not. As sad as it is, it’s very likely there was a lot of pressure from the promoter and mayor to go ahead today. If I had to place my bets, her team was ready to do this last night after the news came out, but the system and logistics of it all prevented this. 

The final decision was taken out of everyone normally involved’s hands so there has for sure been an open dialogue between all parties likely all day and only just when the announcement was made was there a mutual decision. 

Late, absolutely, but not a case of Taylor or her team being reckless. 

Rumor has it that the company organizing the concert had been resisting their attempts to postpone the show since yesterday 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

This is why tours are best done in arenas during the winter lol 

As great as a stadium show can be, the fact that most stadiums are open roofed (esp outside of the States) and therefore end up being summer tours is always a recipe for disaster given the safety precautions around bottles & liquids post 9/11. 

• Like 1

Edonis
42 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Apparently thieves did some kind of mob rush on fans that were leaving the stadium last night and today. 

What the hell is going on?!?!?!?!?!

MessyTop

I feel horrible for Brazilian fans but I have a feeling she’s gonna cancel the rest of the concerts and leave. Is truly too risky. 

Stephen
49 minutes ago, Bronco said:

As great as a stadium show can be, the fact that most stadiums are open roofed (esp outside of the States) and therefore end up being summer tours is always a recipe for disaster given the safety precautions around bottles & liquids post 9/11. 

If Gaga went back to arenas I'd cry of happiness :fatcat:

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

Kudos to Taylor. I really admire her for making this tour WORLDWIDE.. She is really a trooper, and her team is really making the right decisions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tmo13 said:

one of her fans died.... please take the petty bu*llshit somewhere else wow 

It’s not petty it was a joke lmao

• Like 1

faysalaaa
4 hours ago, Bronco said:

Shania Twain tour bus crashed because of Canadas snow, and I think crew members died

TheFame Monster

I think it should probably be cancelled all together. This could be another astro world with the way that venue is run

Tyler1992
28 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Shania Twain tour bus crashed because of Canadas snow, and I think crew members died

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/it-didn-t-matter-who-they-were-sask-high-school-steps-up-to-help-shania-twain-crew-members-1.6639706

Everyone is fine, and this is an uncommon incident, fortunately.
Tour busses crashing is pretty unheard of, if the road conditions are severe the trans Canada highway will close until it’s safe. 

Canada doesn’t shut down during winter months, and arena tours are scheduled in winter months because they can accommodate the weather. The crash was a catalyst of timing, before the road was closed due to weather.

Edited by Tyler1992
  • Like 1

TheFame Monster
7 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

100% the right call. The more that comes out about last night, the more horrific it gets. If she was feeling it this bad on stage I can’t imagine what it felt like in the pit. 

this video is actually terrifying. i can’t imagine what was going through her mind throughout the show. she’s on the verge of collapsing and you can see from her chest how hard her lungs are working

• Sad 1

Tyler1992
3 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

this video is actually terrifying. i can’t imagine what was going through her mind throughout the show. she’s on the verge of collapsing and you can see from her chest how hard her lungs are working

It’s crazy the shape she must be in. She does a marathon every show, couple that with the extreme heat- she did a LITERAL marathon. 

Top that with trying to keep fans safe, she was probably running on pure adrenaline. So scary.

The behind the scenes was probably so much more stressful. I can imagine she was desperately directing crew to keep fans safe/she was given oxygen/IV/fluids to keep the show going, + quick changes. No way it wasn’t super hectic and dire. 

But in the moment, do you cancel and send 60,000 people home, do you power through and finish? She was in a lose, lose situation. 

This is the venues fault, but Taylor will suffer the guilt.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OnFireTheseDays said:

What’s the temperature over there right now? 

I'm not sure what it is right now, but at one point the temperature recorded in the stadium the other day during the first concert was approaching 140F. That's literally sauna temps for HOURS. Not only was there a severe lack of access to water, but organizers had blocked off the airways for the stadium because they didn't want people around the stadium to be able to hear the concert which just made it worse. 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1