💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Keith Richards confirms Andrew Watt was working with Gaga on music

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Reginald
10 hours ago, Lady Adga said:

It is more than obvious that she has lost more than two fans :partysick: :ladyhaha:

This. Not to add more fuel to the fire of this Mess Thread™ but GGD is not the only place this conversation is happening. Other forums, Reddit, Twitter (from what I've heard). A very vocal portion of fans aren't... happy anymore. I don't know. She'll end up doing whatever she wants, I guess.

It will be interesting to see where this fandom stands in five years. Bookmark me on the Jennifer Lopez career path. I hate it, but it's reality. 

Edited by Reginald
  • LMAO 1

candydarling
23 hours ago, The Fame Monster said:

At first, I thought this was about Andrew Wyatt, with whom Gaga had previously worked on "Shallow." :giggle:

omg I was thinking it was him for days til I saw this comment lol 

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

This. Not to add more fuel to the fire of this Mess Thread™ but GGD is not the only place this conversation is happening. Other forums, Reddit, Twitter (from what I've heard). A very vocal portion of fans aren't... happy anymore. I don't know. She'll end up doing whatever she wants, I guess.

It will be interesting to see where this fandom stands in five years. Bookmark me on the Jennifer Lopez career path. I hate it, but it's reality. 

Nah she’s doing a Vegas show all music. Joker is probably going to be huge with promo so she’s likely under exposing on purpose and taking a break from filing and doing a stadium tour a year ago. There is likely music coming this or next year, but yes she set the tone strong with TF-ARTPOP with constant promo and performances, so her legacy fans from those eras are questioning things, especially since from chromatica on she’s done more for her side gigs(haus labs, nurtec, cotton on)  than her music tbh, her not even commenting on the VMAS but having the nurtec ad play during the VMAS was such a lol moment for a legacy fan, a lot of people who were fans from TFM days think she’s a celebrity now, not a pop star( opposite of what she said back in her beginnings) . 

On 9/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, Helxig said:

If you hated her last two major releases (which is basically everything since 2016.. 7 years) then what are you even doing here?

agreed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

That comment did have a point tho

It’s pointless to get hyped bc she’s ultimately in control. We thought Joanne would be disco bc Mark. We thought Chromatica would he hyperpop bc of Sophie/BloodPop

She’s just paying for the hype of a brand name producer but like why gag over that when clearly we cant comfortably speculate on what the sound will be?

Not this paying for the brand being so accurate :laughga: Like even DJWS was known more for trap and she had him do almost everything else instead lmao the closest we got to his stuff is jewels and drugs and the end of manicure and you can CLEARLY hear the difference in inventiveness bc of familiarity with the thing lololol also the Coachella opening track. Same thing.

she’s so funny 

30 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Nah she’s doing a Vegas show all music. Joker is probably going to be huge with promo so she’s likely under exposing on purpose and taking a break from filing and doing a stadium tour a year ago. There is likely music coming this or next year, but yes she set the tone strong with TF-ARTPOP with constant promo and performances, so her legacy fans from those eras are questioning things, especially since from chromatica on she’s done more for her side gigs(haus labs, nurtec, cotton on)  than her music tbh, her not even commenting on the VMAS but having the nurtec ad play during the VMAS was such a lol moment for a legacy fan, a lot of people who were fans from TFM days think she’s a celebrity now, not a pop star( opposite of what she said back in her beginnings) . 

I think she def is more of a celebrity but I think that’s a pretty obvious trajectory. She wanted fame. She got that. It wasn’t quite enough bc of its discomforts so she worked even harder to get even more famous to where she isn’t shackles down by the expectations of being a pop star. She’s got a secure legacy already. She has hits out the wazoo. Won Grammys. Now has a critically acclaimed movie. She can be comfortable with fame now lmao I mean for all she says about fame being a prison she could legit quit it at any point lol but she’s too ambitious for that. I think music just isn’t really a hungry place for her anymore. She loves it but she isn’t fired up to succeed in it anymore…bc she already has by literally any measure. She’s quite literally one of the most successful singers of *all time* and did it in like 10 years’ time. So I think her eye is like ok where can I channel my ambition to next

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

They want to rain on everyone’s parade because they think if they don’t like something, nobody should either lol 

Seriously, it's a narcissistic POV, and those people are likely just as stank IRL as they are with their attitudes here. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Not this paying for the brand being so accurate :laughga: Like even DJWS was known more for trap and she had him do almost everything else instead lmao the closest we got to his stuff is jewels and drugs and the end of manicure and you can CLEARLY hear the difference in inventiveness bc of familiarity with the thing lololol also the Coachella opening track. Same thing.

she’s so funny 

People need to learn that Gaga has actually explicitly said she likes to take other artists outside their comfort zone.. getting producers to work on sounds they haven't tried before, singers to try something different vocally, that she likes working with artists whose music is very different from hers. She likes shaking things up and seeing what happens. We can't see confirmed producers and then make huge assumptions. If there's one thing you can guarantee about Gaga, it's that her net body of work will be unexpected or totally different to her last

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:08 AM, Reginald said:

Jennifer Lopez is not a musician. She branched out into music. She is a dancer by background. Lady Gaga is a musician. She will focus on movies but she will always put out music as well. It may not always be pop, but it will be music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LordByron28
On 9/14/2023 at 8:08 AM, Reginald said:

She has released music almost every year of her career. 

2008- The Fame

2009- The Fame Monster

2011- Born This Way

2012- The Lady is a Tramp with Tony Bennet

2013- ARTPOP

2014- Cheek 2 Cheek

2015- Till It Happens To You

2016- Joanne

2017- The Cure

2018- ASIB & I Want Your Love

2020- Chromatica

2021- Love 4 Sale, BTW 10, & Dawn of Chromatica

2022- Hold My Hand

2023- Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Since 2020, she’s also done the Chromatica Tour in 2022, Vegas shows in 2021 and 2023, and live concerts with Tony in 2021 as well as some televised performances. Bloody Mary was also a hit single this year and did really well for an 11 year old song with little to no promo from her. LG7 is possibly 2024 with Joker 2 being a musical of some fashion. Music and being a musician is still her first passion. While I wish she was releasing as much music as someone like Taylor. She also spends a lot more time on the fashion, theme, concept, music videos and overall how she promotes the album era. She spends a great deal of time conceptualizing and envisioning her art and what message she is trying to send. The pandemic kinda ruined a lot of the 2020 promo she had lined up for Chromatica which makes this pain even worse since that era felt very short lived and awkward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The main issue yall don’t realize in that debate is that socials and the Stan culture make artist by pressure to release new music in very shorts periods of time. Like an album every 6 months/1year etc. 

gaga is not applying to this. And thank god she is not. Time has gone wild in our era. Everything goes so fast. And yet Gaga chooses to decide when she is ready to release new stuff. Not because many of yall would like he release a new song every 2 months like all those tik tok “star”. A contrario of those she is a supertar as very few we’ve seen. Releasing an album every 2/3 years is completely normal, even short if we refer to what was normal 30/20 years ago. And she is more like the stars from those years than all the new trendy famous one of the moment we won’t hear in a year or two anymore. 

• Like 2

monketsharona
8 minutes ago, thomasFr said:

The main issue yall don’t realize in that debate is that socials and the Stan culture make artist by pressure to release new music in very shorts periods of time. Like an album every 6 months/1year etc. 

This + the eternal pressure of haters and fans on the content of their art. Mainly why most of those artists, singers, moviemakers, writers don't read comments on the internet anymore (see what the Joker music composer said). Another example of Ryan Murphy who totally stopped interacting with 'fans' and so on

This pressure is not productive at all.

King of the Fall

Imagine feeling entitled enough to be angry because she is choosing to go in directions you don't prefer🙄 if something is not for you, then just move on. Gaga is not entitled to cater to anyone, she is an artist and she will do whatever she wants. She will release what she wants in her own time and on her own terms because she has transcended pop star and is now entering icon status as she nears 40. One of the perks of being an icon is that you can do whatever the **** you want.

Edited by 4th Street
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 2:56 AM, Helxig said:

People need to learn that Gaga has actually explicitly said she likes to take other artists outside their comfort zone.. getting producers to work on sounds they haven't tried before, singers to try something different vocally, that she likes working with artists whose music is very different from hers. She likes shaking things up and seeing what happens. We can't see confirmed producers and then make huge assumptions. If there's one thing you can guarantee about Gaga, it's that her net body of work will be unexpected or totally different to her last

Ok but is an artist being tapped for what they’re good at a huge assumption? :laughga: I see your point but I think there’s some validity to also being like girl what hahaha I mean she used redone and zedd for their strengths but pushed them, too. Same with madeon. All I’m saying it’s just a little funny lmao for all we know those Sophie songs were like folk woodie Guthrie songs honestly hahaha

• Thanks 1

801artistry
On 9/13/2023 at 12:51 AM, monketsharona said:

' It just so happened, Andrew Watt, the producer, that he was making records with these people and they just sort of like, 'OK, come on by,' you know.'

Andrew Watt (Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, Ozzie Ozbourne, 5 Seconds of Summer, Elton John) was already highly rumoured to have worked with Gaga when he followed Gaga, BURNS, Bobby Campbell in June 2023. 

do we know which Miley songs he worked on?? that's quite the spread of people, just wondering what kind of vibe he would bring

KDE|801artistry

• River locked this topic