Jump to content
About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

To Anyone Who Says It’s Not Travis Scott’s Fault…


Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo


I don’t blame anyone for not being informed of how he likes to run his shows but what I do blame are people who are looking at this as an isolated incident and making uninformed opinions.

Watch this video starting at 14:16 to get a better understanding of how Travis likes to run his shows and how he encourages the crowd to behave at said shows.

 

please enlighten me to death
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Healed My Heart

I am not a Travis Scott fan and I'm not trying to deflect any blame from him for how this event was handled.

But after watching this video, I am trying to understand what exactly is different about how he encourages his crowd to "rage" versus rock or metal bands that encourage their fans to mosh? I think it's irresponsible for any artist to encourage potentially violent or dangerous behavior, obviously it has been extremely dangerous at his shows. But I feel like I never hear bands called out for this sort of thing. Is it just because there haven't been mass casualty events with those artists?

Genuinely asking, I don't go to concerts where this sort of thing happens.

Edit: What I was trying to convey is, my question is less about what Travis Scott did wrong (I think it's obvious), I was trying to raise the question of why this hasn't been a bigger conversation before now since this type of moshing and violence has been going on for decades at music festivals and concerts. I'd like to see more of an industry wide acknowledgement about the dangerous impact it can have when artists encourage this kind of behavior.

Edited by Healed My Heart
She/her 💗💜💙
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
8 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

gurl, that video is way too long

 give us a rundown :neyde:

 

1 hour ago, Blastertoyo said:

Watch this video starting at 14:16 to get a better understanding of how Travis likes to run his shows and how he encourages the crowd to behave at said shows.

 

.

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
7 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

But after watching this video, I am trying to understand what exactly is different about how he encourages his crowd to "rage" versus rock or metal bands that encourage their fans to mosh? I think it's irresponsible for any artist to encourage potentially violent or dangerous behavior, obviously is was extremely dangerous at this festival. But I feel like I never hear bands called out for this sort of thing. Is it just because there haven't been mass casualty events with those artists? Or is there something different Travis Scott is encouraging that I'm missing?

 

Did you miss the part where he encouraged multiple people to jump from the balconies into the crowd below

the part where one of the guys who jumped ended up unconscious and then paralyzed 

the part where Travis was sued for that and now again for the recent Astroworld incidents? 

As a major artist, if you have a double digit death + injury toll from people attending your shows, it’s your responsibility to plan security and ensure an experience that’s as safe as possible for everyone involved, especially since this is HIS festival, HIS shows.

please enlighten me to death
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is until certain point, free of guilt. Concerts are so wild and is really hard to know what is happening when you have so much people surrounding you, like, sometime a girl had a heartattack just three chairs away from where i was sitting, the only one who realized something was worng was a friend of her ( she thought she sit because she was tired). BUT, there are videos where there is an ambulance in the middle of the crowd, since the stage he MUST have seen it. Even in the most wild concert, seeing an ambulance in the middle of a crowd is not a good sign, he should have stopped the show and asked what was going on. 

Its no his fault at all, but he is guilty of not helping. You as an artist must protect your fans, they are the reason you are there, and you are the reason they are there as a crowd. Really hope he gets accountable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Healed My Heart
Just now, Blastertoyo said:

Did you miss the part where he encouraged multiple people to jump from the balconies into the crowd below

the part where one of the guys who jumped ended up unconscious and then paralyzed 

the part where Travis was sued for that and now again for the recent Astroworld incidents? 

As a major artist, if you have a double digit death + injury toll from people attending your shows, it’s your responsibility to plan security and ensure an experience that’s as safe as possible for everyone involved, especially since this is HIS festival, HIS shows.

I watched the segment, I saw it. I'm not  downplaying any of it, it's super messed up and he's undoubtedly responsible for encouraging it, I agree with you 100%. I don't think I expressed my thoughts very well.

She/her 💗💜💙
Link to post
Share on other sites
Meredith Grey

At the very least, his touring career is over. Venues have event insurance and if they see him as a liability a lot of venues won’t allow him to perform there out of fear of losing money. I could even see LiveNation being done with him. And if he can’t tour eventually labels wont want to sign him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
2 hours ago, Meredith Grey said:

At the very least, his touring career is over. Venues have event insurance and if they see him as a liability a lot of venues won’t allow him to perform there out of fear of losing money. I could even see LiveNation being done with him. And if he can’t tour eventually labels wont want to sign him

I genuinely hope these companies realize that he’s an actual liability if he’s gonna be putting people In danger by encouraging dangerous activities at his shows 

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Healed My Heart said:

I am not a Travis Scott fan and I'm not trying to deflect any blame from him for how this event was handled.

But after watching this video, I am trying to understand what exactly is different about how he encourages his crowd to "rage" versus rock or metal bands that encourage their fans to mosh? I think it's irresponsible for any artist to encourage potentially violent or dangerous behavior, obviously it has been extremely dangerous at his shows. But I feel like I never hear bands called out for this sort of thing. Is it just because there haven't been mass casualty events with those artists?

Genuinely asking, I don't go to concerts where this sort of thing happens.

Edit: What I was trying to convey is, my question is less about what Travis Scott did wrong (I think it's obvious), I was trying to raise the question of why this hasn't been a bigger conversation before now since this type of moshing and violence has been going on for decades at music festivals and concerts. I'd like to see more of an industry wide acknowledgement about the dangerous impact it can have when artists encourage this kind of behavior.

Went to many metal and rock concerts/festivals and have never heard nor witnessed this level of violence. Yes mosh pits exist but they’re not why people died in Travis Scott’s show.

It’s because the venue was overstuffed with people. Travis’ greed killed them, not just his behavior on stage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...