💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift likes post dragging Kanye West

Lighter

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
42 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Uh, how are Trump, Brown and Cosby equivalent to benign celebs like Rihanna, Kim  and Taylor? But, like @xcx said it doesn't matter what we think because we know how Taylor feels about it and that's what my comment is about. Taylor can die on this hill for all I care, she's earned it. 

Every person depicted was involved in controversy with Kanye, or is a figure or controversy. Whether you like it or not, Taylor is a controversial figure who caused big waves with the "Famous" scandal, and the VMA fiasco years prior. The video depicts them all sleeping peacefully together, existing without strife. How does that sexually exploit her? Because we see an artificial nipple? Give me a ****ing break. It's art, it's controversial, and it's meaningful. Not everything is some huge dramatic scandal, where someone needs to be dragged and cancelled, etc. Her continuing to victimize herself in this situation is just tired and childish tbh.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
47 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The "leaked" phone call only detailed that Kanye would mention her name in a new song, and if she would be ok with that. Taylor had no idea he was going to say that he wants to f*ck her and that he'd call her a bitch on top, she was just ok with being name-dropped in a "we're friends now" kinda way. Please don't deflect on this and pretend like Kim Kardashian is a legitimate and honest source of information. She's literally crying on Instagram about fashion sites "ripping her designs off" when she was the one who sent them the designs of the outfits before she even wore them, so that there could be rip-offs in the first place as soon as she stepped out. Kim K is not some activist trying to better the world, all she cares about is her own ass and how it can generate more money. She's literally a goddamn Kardashian.

Ok NO. Here's the video, which clearly shows Kanye speaking the line to her lol, and her commending him for it. 

The fact that this is still getting twisted in 2019 is ****ing laughable. 

Morphine Prince
Just now, JohnnyVersace said:

Ok NO. Here's the video, which clearly shows Kanye speaking the line to her lol, and her commending him for it. 

The fact that this is still getting twisted in 2019 is ****ing laughable. 

I’m baffled by how people are saying things that aren’t true just to confirm their narrative. 

Like I said in another post, she consented to “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex” 

I feel like people aren’t even watching the video evidence, just jumping to support Taylor at all costs. 

Glamourpuss

The impression I got from the leaked phone call is that they are having a joke about it. I think Taylor thought they were goofing around but didn't know Kanye was 100% serious. That was my take anyway. :shrug:

Logan
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

The impression I got from the leaked phone call is that they are having a joke about it. I think Taylor thought they were goofing around but didn't know Kanye was 100% serious. That was my take anyway. :shrug:

My take is that Taylor really wanted the drama to be over. The whole VMA drama was dragged on for years, it's all people could think about her. I mean Kanye and Kim are big names, constantly being in a feud with them I'm sure is hard. It's like when someone bullies you in school but you still try to be their friend to fit in and avoid the pain. Not saying Taylor is an innocent little angel, but I don't think it's far-fetched to say that Kanye thrives on being in control. Making those lyrics and calling her and recording it was all strategy. Taylor using the snake was strategy as well. They're both literally playing off of each other.

Regardless, two huge names that are known for making power moves clashing is never good. 

Glamourpuss
6 minutes ago, Logan said:

My take is that Taylor really wanted the drama to be over. The whole VMA drama was dragged on for years, it's all people could think about her. I mean Kanye and Kim are big names, constantly being in a feud with them I'm sure is hard. It's like when someone bullies you in school but you still try to be their friend to fit in and avoid the pain. Not saying Taylor is an innocent little angel, but I don't think it's far-fetched to say that Kanye thrives on being in control. Making those lyrics and calling her and recording it was all strategy. Taylor using the snake was strategy as well. They're both literally playing off of each other.

Regardless, two huge names that are known for making power moves clashing is never good. 

I could never understand why she'd ever want to be associated with him because he's always been horrible towards her. But what you wrote makes a lot of sense. 

StrawberryBlond

To compare it to revenge p*rn is too much as it wasn't actually her in the video, just a waxwork. We don't even know if that's what her naked body actually looks like, same for everyone else. Maybe it sounds weird to say but I really wouldn't care if someone did this to me as it's not me and there's no proof that my body actually looks like that. It's an insult to the real victims of revenge p*rn to put an (albeit very close likeness) of a statue of you on the same level. I get why she was annoyed by it even so but to bring it up all this time later (a celebrity liking a tweet is as good as saying something) suggests she's just looking for publicity which she doesn't need considering what a big name she is. When you're that big, you should be above all this.

1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also interesting that 11 other people's figures were in this video but we're focusing on one of them.

Very good observation. I guess when other females like Kim (started her career with a sex tape) and Amber (former stripper and all-round sexual personality) are in it, the general belief is that with their image, sexualisation comes par for the course. And as for the men, well, who cares about men being sexualised? It's quite disgusting, really, that we pick and choose who we are offended on behalf of and who we deem "innocent." I guess Taylor was the most famous and successful woman out of all the females there and had a huge connection to Kanye but that still isn't a reason to be more offended for her than everyone else. Was it even confirmed that any of them other than Kim gave consent?

I’d encourage a lot of you to look into the concept of empathy. There seems to be a lack of that in this thread. Just because you guys don’t think something is a big deal doesn’t mean everyone feels the same way.

Glamourpuss
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

To compare it to revenge p*rn is too much as it wasn't actually her in the video, just a waxwork. We don't even know if that's what her naked body actually looks like, same for everyone else. Maybe it sounds weird to say but I really wouldn't care if someone did this to me as it's not me and there's no proof that my body actually looks like that. It's an insult to the real victims of revenge p*rn to put an (albeit very close likeness) of a statue of you on the same level. I get why she was annoyed by it even so but to bring it up all this time later (a celebrity liking a tweet is as good as saying something) suggests she's just looking for publicity which she doesn't need considering what a big name she is. When you're that big, you should be above all this.

Very good observation. I guess when other females like Kim (started her career with a sex tape) and Amber (former stripper and all-round sexual personality) are in it, the general belief is that with their image, sexualisation comes par for the course. And as for the men, well, who cares about men being sexualised? It's quite disgusting, really, that we pick and choose who we are offended on behalf of and who we deem "innocent." I guess Taylor was the most famous and successful woman out of all the females there and had a huge connection to Kanye but that still isn't a reason to be more offended for her than everyone else. Was it even confirmed that any of them other than Kim gave consent?

The fact it's not her actual body is irrelevant. Just because you would be ok with it doesn't mean she should be ok with it. I wouldn't be ok with it if it was me. It's still a violation. Much the same as the paparazzi taking a photo of Gaga topless on a yacht. Neither consented. 

Also people don't seem to realise that women still get treated like sex objects by men. I can understand why she'd be offended for being depicted naked in a video regardless of whether it's art. 

I'm not more offended for Taylor. This thread is about her reaction to her own body being depicted in the video. If anybody else spoke up about it and we were discussing it on GGD I'd be just as outraged on their behalf. 

This means it’s time for a new era lol Always looking for a target to get the media riled up and then crying about how she’s portrayed.

JohnnyVersace
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I’m baffled by how people are saying things that aren’t true just to confirm their narrative. 

Like I said in another post, she consented to “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex” 

I feel like people aren’t even watching the video evidence, just jumping to support Taylor at all costs. 

Like....it's explicitly said to her.......

2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Tbh no.

Taylor is a brilliant business woman and musician. She knew that the beef with her and Kanye was still relevant, and agreed WITH HIM to use it to sell music...on both ends. Featuring her name in a raunchy rap song upped her cool points. It was a smart move! But the downfall of the plan was her trying to keep her image clean and backtrack. She consented, regretted, and then looked a fool once that phone call was released. 

Y'all love to discredit him, but Kanye is a genius and can sell **** just as well as her. I went to the Pablo concert, the music was cut during that part of Famous so the entire arena could SCREAM that line, and I'm telling you it was jaw-dropping. If she had stuck to the plan, she wouldn't have looked like an ass, and her cool factor would have multiplied several times over. And tbh, it's clear she wanted an urban/cool audience for Reputation, and after this scandal, she still looked like an immature white girl that no one wanted to hang out with. 

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Taylor is a brilliant business woman and musician. She knew that the beef with her and Kanye was still relevant, and agreed WITH HIM to use it to sell music...on both ends. Featuring her name in a raunchy rap song upped her cool points. It was a smart move! But the downfall of the plan was her trying to keep her image clean and backtrack. She consented, regretted, and then looked a fool once that phone call was released.

Y'all love to discredit him, but Kanye is a genius and can sell **** just as well as her. I went to the Pablo concert, the music was cut during that part of famous so the entire arena could SCREAM that line, and I'm telling you it was jaw-dropping. If she had stuck to the plan, she wouldn't have looked like an ass, and her cool factor would have multiplied several times over. And tbh, it's clear she wanted an urban/cool audience for Reputation, and after this scandal, she still looked like an immature white girl that no one wanted to hang out with. 

That's a good point - I've never really stopped to consider what would've happened if she hadn't taken issue with it or even supported what he said. That line is still really significant, probably even moreso because she did take issue with it. Being name dropped in a rap song really cements you in the rap fanbase, compliment or not. And by the tone of her voice on the call, it sounded like she was envisaging this prospect and liked the idea of being cool among a crowd that normally wouldn't have cared about her. But yeah, she had a young fanbase and a lot of her parents liked her kid-friendly image, so this was the one big downside of it and she maybe thought the association was a bit too much once all was said and done.

GagaMariaSpears

The fact that he used her naked image without her consent is really disturbing

zakariah

art is subjective. some of just happen to find the specific art that kanye did was distasteful & stupid. just accept our opinions and move on instead of trying to argue further. with that said, i'm team taylor, kanye is & always has been an egotistical d!ck.

Archived