new music

Grimes - We Appreciate Power

Vision of Love

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I love this. I have never clicked with Grimes' music so strongly until now! And the video is amazing too. Love love :air:

Sidenote though: this sounds to me like it could be an outtake from her sessions with Poppy. Very similar themes to Poppy's whole shtick, but more on the nose.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Ryusei
1 hour ago, Matt Amor said:

This is really a bop tbh. I can tell that Elon inspired this in some way. I know this is delusional and she probably wouldn't be on the lead single, but azealia would've given the gays EVERYTHING they ever needed if she had been featured on this. It's sad that they never got to record anything so now we'll never hear a leak of it. 

this particular gay would have passed on it without giving it a listen if she was featured

Musery

GhettoFabulous
4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I love this. I have never clicked with Grimes' music so strongly until now! And the video is amazing too. Love love :air:

Sidenote though: this sounds to me like it could be an outtake from her sessions with Poppy. Very similar themes to Poppy's whole shtick, but more on the nose.

It’s rumored to have featured poppy but her and poppy allegedly had an altercation or something since grimes unfollowed poppy and replied with “meh” to a tweet praising play destroy(basically she’s been a little shady lately)  soooo Sksks 

Helxig
4 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

It’s rumored to have featured poppy but her and poppy allegedly had an altercation or something since grimes unfollowed poppy and replied with “meh” to a tweet praising play destroy(basically she’s been a little shady lately)  soooo Sksks 

Oh god wtf happened between them??? I had this idea in my head that they became friends and made music together. I can imagine this song, and even the music video, featuring Poppy. Especially considering the music video is just two girls. That's sad.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

mucinex
39 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

this particular gay would have passed on it without giving it a listen if she was featured

You'd be missing out :messga: you said in a previous reply to this thread that you can't wait for more. Imagine if you never listened to this song or gave it a chance because there is a slight possibility that azealia could have been on this track. Every time you listen to this song from this point forward, remember that there's an alternate reality where you never gave this absolute bop a chance because of the featured artist. :trollga: I will pray for you

RAMROD

Emulating MINISTRY and NINE INCH NAILS :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Looks like I’m one of the only few fans that felt overwhelmed by it. Hopefully it will grow on me, Art Angels was a good album, not great but damn nothing has topped Visions and I’m talking about Be A Body in particular.  :selena:

Mughal grimes come back to more dance bops and angelic voices please... my hopes are still high for the new album :vegas:

Hottie Detector

1 hour ago, GhettoFabulous said:

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Oh god wtf happened between them??? I had this idea in my head that they became friends and made music together. I can imagine this song, and even the music video, featuring Poppy. Especially considering the music video is just two girls. That's sad.

Apparently she’s felt bad for releasing music with Poppy after fans started complaining about It. I don’t know if y’all remember but Claire was getting tweeted left and right to stop working and supporting Poppy...something to know about Claire is that she doesn’t deal good with criticism, reasons why years later she said that Visions wasn’t what she exactly wanted and it felt all over the place :messga:

Hottie Detector

18 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Apparently she’s felt bad for releasing music with Poppy after fans started complaining about It. I don’t know if y’all remember but Claire was getting tweeted left and right to stop working and supporting Poppy...something to know about Claire is that she doesn’t deal good with criticism, reasons why years later she said that Visions wasn’t what she exactly wanted and it felt all over the place :messga:

I remember her being angry too when people started complaining about the BloodPop (Blood Diamonds then) collab and calling her a sellout.

Glad she proved haters wrong. 

Ryusei
28 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I remember that. After Mars Argo made allegations against Titanic and Poppy, everyone told her to not work with her. 

Grimes is a special one... i wish she streamed on twitch again lol

Musery

11 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I remember that. After Mars Argo made allegations against Titanic and Poppy, everyone told her to not work with her. 

Grimes is a special one... i wish she streamed on twitch again lol

Grimes also started to follow Mars Argo on Twitter after unfollowing Poppy.

I guess it’s also the reason why she cancelled the collab with Poppy.

Leonardo

We Appreciate Power is really a bop, I’m listening to it on repeat and I love it. :firega:

The lyric video is so good and I can’t wait until the actual music video comes out

Leonardo

Archived