πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you agree?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I did agree initially, but would have added Katy Perry...and then I realised that I got my time scales all wrong. Beyonce only released one single in 2010 (Why Don't You Love Me), which was the final single off her album and didn't even become a hit and the only piece of touring she did was a short Latin American stadium tour, so hardly "owning it" throughout the year. And as for Nicki, she released 3 singles in 2010, which were her debut outings and none of them even hit top 10 and while her debut album was released that year and was her most commercially successful, she released it in November of 2010, so hardly "owning" the entire year either. So, the only ones who truly deserve to be there are Gaga and Rihanna, who had it all going on in 2010. The other two places should be occupied by Kesha (2 #1 songs in 2010 plus top 10 hits and a recordbreaking debut album sales figure for a debut female) and Katy (3 #1 singles in 2010 plus another huge selling album which went on to become her biggest seller and a pop classic). Why are they not listed here?

I've noticed that this isn't the first time similar things have happened. It's very true that the success of black artists was underrated and not given due credit in the past but now it seems to be that the aim is to overrate the success of black artists to the point where we make them out to be highly successful when they barely had one hit, if that. It doesn't reflect very well on the community when such over-exaggerations are made. This isn't being racist, just a factual observation.

Archived