💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

news

Grammy backlash everywhere...

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

AmericanGUY

i realized the scammys were officially over when 'melodrama' didn't win AOTY, like lorde literally reinvented the sound of music whereas bruno's was just a rehash of past decades

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs
31 minutes ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

but the grammys are supposed to awards artistry lmao not sales. this aint the ama's :laughga: 

ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, AmericanGUY said:

i realized the scammys were officially over when 'melodrama' didn't win AOTY, like lorde literally reinvented the sound of music whereas bruno's was just a rehash of past decades

u didn't have to wait that long to cancel the grammys. the grammys were over when ed sheeran won both his categories that was supposed to be given to GOOD ARTISTIC music

32 minutes ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

Even by this measure, from 2013-2018, only 9.3% of all Grammy nominees are female. It's incredibly clear that, in modern music at least, there's a disproportionate amount of female nominees despite how much they dominated music that year. I honestly do not believe that less than 10% of all music was 'dominated' by women.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

JusticeforVenus

When Adele gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys  are racist and against Black people ....

When Bruno Mars gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys dont suport WOMEN (even tough last year they gave Adele,  a woman,  lots of awards)...

This award show CANNOT PLEASE EVERYBODY, IT IS JUST AN AWARD PER NOMINATION, THEY CANT GIVE AN AWARD TO EVERYBODY. IT IS NOT OPRAH...

GoldenPonyboy
19 minutes ago, AmericanGUY said:

And lets not forget that jack antonoff was totally snubbed in the producer category simply because he worked with women 

freebit
22 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Wonder if their stupid president’s gonna be replaced

Neil Portnow needs to GO. That producer Ken Ehrlich too. Though, knowing how these things go, they'd probably just get replaced with equally terrible, or worse people. :saladga: Them being ousted wouldn't change the Grammy's voting body & their terrible choices, but at least get a more respectable mouthpiece for the organization, and have someone running a good show. 

17 minutes ago, JusticeforVenus said:

When Adele gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys  are racist and against Black people ....

When Bruno Mars gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys dont suport WOMEN (even tough last year they gave Adele,  a woman,  lots of awards)...

This award show CANNOT PLEASE EVERYBODY, IT IS JUST AN AWARD PER NOMINATION, THEY CANT GIVE AN AWARD TO EVERYBODY. IT IS NOT OPRAH...

Adele is one woman. The statistics don't lie, and it shows there's a disproportionate amount of men to women winning and being nominated in general (songwriters, sound mixers, producers etc.) I don't think it's because of a lack of trying on women's part - they're just being ignored. It's like when people excuse white-washing in Hollywood and claim "they just picked the most talented person for the job :shrug:."

50 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

Ever since the Grammys awarded the Chainsmokers a trophy, it should become a dishonour to own one of those things 

I see what you did there Katy :trollga:

Whispering
20 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

but the grammys are supposed to awards artistry lmao not sales. this aint the ama's :laughga: 

They also should reflect the last year in music, across all genres. 

Just now, AlotofApollo said:

I see what you did there Katy :trollga:

Just tryin' to make the worst seem better

tenor.gif?itemid=9574555

angels forever, forever angels

Archived