Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Grammy backlash everywhere...

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

Where is Joan Rivers when you need her in this era of terrible award decisions and 45's "Presidency?"  She would have made it so much funnier! 

giphy.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuckles
26 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

but the grammys are supposed to awards artistry lmao not sales. this aint the ama's :laughga: 

Or the BBMAs

twigsnasty

at first, i thought boycotting the grammy's was dumb.

but after last night, im hoping everybody and their mother boycotts the scammys

Thomas P
29 minutes ago, JusticeforVenus said:

When Adele gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys  are racist and against Black people ....

When Bruno Mars gets all the important awards, people say that Grammys dont suport WOMEN (even tough last year they gave Adele,  a woman,  lots of awards)...

This award show CANNOT PLEASE EVERYBODY, IT IS JUST AN AWARD PER NOMINATION, THEY CANT GIVE AN AWARD TO EVERYBODY. IT IS NOT OPRAH...

This year and last year were different though. In both cases the Grammys just seemed to play it safe (they do this a lot, but those two years were not the right ones to do that). 

I love 25, and I love 24k Magic, But Lemonade, Melodrama, Damn., and ****, even 4:44/Awaken My Love, **** on those albums. 

24k Magic is full of GREAT bops, and I’m not mad he won Record/Song, But Album Of The Year is where things are supposed to change. It should be quality/impact on a social level, over sales. They actually used to be really good at that, but ever since Macklemore Beat Kendrick for Best Rap Album In 2014, Things just haven’t been the same. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

ZiggyZiggs
17 minutes ago, Whispering said:

They also should reflect the last year in music, across all genres. 

um what :laughga:

the grammys were established for awarding artistic excellence, not ' a show that reflects the past year in music' :laughga: there are plenty of award shows like the ama's, ema's, vma's, billboard awards and choice awards for that. :laughga: your point doesnt make any sense whatsoever

ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

This year and last year were different though. In both cases the Grammys just seemed to play it safe (they do this a lot, but those two years were not the right ones to do that). 

I love 25, and I love 24k Magic, But Lemonade, Melodrama, Damn., and ****, even 4:44/Awaken My Love, **** on those albums. 

24k Magic is full of GREAT bops, and I’m not mad he won Record/Song, But Album Of The Year is where things are supposed to change. It should be quality/impact on a social level, over sales. They actually used to be really good at that, but ever since Macklemore Beat Kendrick for Best Rap Album In 2014, Things just haven’t been the same. 

you should be mad he won soty tho, cuz the songwriting on that song, no depth at all lol. :laughga: 

Economy
1 hour ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

Or in 2010 when Beyonce won like everything and Gaga won a couple among other women

It's like u said, not a good year for women. I think it's a bit of a reach

It's true the industry and radio and public lately has neglected women and so theyve performed very poorly last couple years and got less exposure. That isn't the Grammys fault tho

KingRedd

This is a hard one only because Beyonce and Adele sweep like consuela when they go to the Grammys. I don’t necessarily have a problem with the main categories. I’m ok with Bruno winning and how it was set up; however, it’s the statement the president of the Grammys  made about women needing to step up that was uncalled for. I don’t want to be that person that gets mad if a man wins because... well I’m a man :ladyhaha:

May I Read You? 😎

JusticeforVenus
28 minutes ago, Musicer said:

Can’t believe Bruno won 6 and Lorde got NOTHING !

Well, look the other sde: what would have happened if Lorde got 6 grammys last night and Bruno 0 awards? People would have said that the show is racist, that they only award White people (that happened last year with Adele/Beyonce). You cant PLEASE everyone...

jaXXXon

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

Adele also won everything last year AND Taylor Swift won AOTY the year before that...

I’m most mad about the statement release by the President/VP.

I was already petty at all the award choices. His statement really made it all that much worse, though.

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, AmericanGUY said:

i realized the scammys were officially over when 'melodrama' didn't win AOTY, like lorde literally reinvented the sound of music whereas bruno's was just a rehash of past decades

A white girl winning AOTY third year in a row when many people wanted a specific POC nominee to win, the backlash henny 

Whispering
45 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

um what :laughga:

the grammys were established for awarding artistic excellence, not ' a show that reflects the past year in music' :laughga: there are plenty of award shows like the ama's, ema's, vma's, billboard awards and choice awards for that. :laughga: your point doesnt make any sense whatsoever

Um...There are thousands of songs recorded and hundreds of albums released each year. It's no coincidence the large majority of the nominations are popular songs and albums in each genre of awards. Obscure, unknown artists and songs are not common. There are a few surprises every year, but that is a tiny minority of nominations.

My point reflects the facts. 

lucastecala

Dude, you're so monumentally wrong. 

1) Grammy's allegedlly do not reward sales and chart positions (that's what, well, charts are for).

2) If they did, then I want justice for "Despacito", even though the racists in this website love to throw hatred towards latin music's most memorable song in years. 

3) Considering that the Grammys are supposed to reward musical excellence and craftsmanship you can't possibly mean that there hasn't been great music made by women this year, because then you're straight up being sexist yourself or you just haven't been paying attention. I promisse you there has been tons of great music created by women this year.

4) There's no such thing as reverse sexism (or racism, btw). Sexism and racism exist inside of a system of multiple forms of oppression that incide over women and black people and such oppression has deep historical and cultural roots. It's white men who have dominated, exploited, enslaved, harmed women and black human beings not the other way around. SO there can't be sexism against men because it is precisely being a men that grant an individual a huge amount of historically built priviliges.

Archived