Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiamondAngel

Where is the proof that Luke did it though? 

Of course I believe Kesha, but I'm not going to tweet out how horrible Luke is simply because there is no proof. It's sad that that's the way it is, but you can't change it. I would have done the same thing if I were the judge. You can't punish a man if there's no proof. And while it's likely that he DID rape her, it's not 100 percent confirmed. Is there a semen sample? Drugs in her system? None of us have seen any evidence. Taylor and Beyonce are smart to not comment on a legal case for which they were not in the court room. 

And by the way I'm a feminist. I'm looking at Luke's and Keshas story because I respect both genders equally and I won't blindly believe one of them without any proof. That's REAL feminism. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Beyoncé's account has 8 tweets and the last one is from 2013. idk why anyone would expect her to tweet something about it tbh :rip:

this seriously.... Beyonce has no online presence. She keeps to herself when it involved anything but her music.

Twitter and instagram has created monsters, people expect things from celebrities now even when they aren't justified at all. Celebrities don't have to say anything.

Don't visit my profile

DontDoubtDavid

I lost respect for Beyonce a long time ago. I used to love her, she was my favorite since Destinys Child. However, being a Cuban American an hearing the horror stories from Cuba, that little stunt she played by going there made me uncomfortable. He musical quality has also gone down and she just doesn't seem like the same woman I used to love.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, GAGA1972 said:

Of course I believe Kesha, but I'm not going to tweet out how horrible Luke is simply because there is no proof. It's sad that that's the way it is, but you can't change it. I would have done the same thing if I were the judge. You can't punish a man if there's no proof. And while it's likely that he DID rape her, it's not 100 percent confirmed. Is there a semen sample? Drugs in her system? None of us have seen any evidence. Taylor and Beyonce are smart to not comment on a legal case for which they were not in the court room. 

i'm not asking for a statement damning Luke, just supporting Kesha

PMKKARDASHiAN
2 minutes ago, Red said:

The fact you are doubting her just is a proof that they are just not taken seriously at all 

Because I don't blindly believe anything I'm told or read??? I knew several girls growing up who would go to parties, have sex with a guy, and claim rape the next morning. I knew girls who said they were raped for attention. Just because kesha said it doesn't mean it's the gospel. It's sad that this is happening to her, as I'm sure something went on behind the scenes, but I'm not going to just call Dr luke a pig and a swine and say free kesha just because she's a woman and he's a man and this is a rape situation?? 

Both of them should say something especially because both of them are so loud with about feminism and race issues (well, Beyonce is). Nobody would expect of them to say something if they weren't so loud. You can't be active about social problems only when it benefits your career. You're either in it or out of it. I'm glad Gaga spoke about it - it proves that TIHTY isn't just a song, but a message.

PartySick
41 minutes ago, Red said:

They have no reason to ignore Kesha's situation other than they don't want to say anything. They are so stablished and powerful, it's not like Sony is gonna drop them and they will live under the bridge, there is a point you reach that when you lose "everything" you are still gonna be rich af. 

Isn't Taylor in some small production company? I read (on here) once that she did that so she could have more leverage than she would if she signed with the likes of Sony or Interscope.

They have to have thoughts, they probably just don't want to share it publicly

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

PartySick
7 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

And by the way I'm a feminist. I'm looking at Luke's and Keshas story because I respect both genders equally and I won't blindly believe one of them without any proof. That's REAL feminism. 

Gaga managed to support Kesha without slamming Luke or Sony. Tbh the least they could do is reach out a kind word but I understand why they wouldn't get involved. For all the same reasons people didn't want Gaga to say anything before she did, then everyone suddenly forgot those reasons and started "for shame!"ing others for not saying anything. :shrug:

Spoiler

That one was for you, @Didymus :deadbanana:

Reality

Regardless of whether or not Beyonce and Taylor are not supporting Kesha publicly to show that they're 'true feminists', I think what we need to do is not focus on what they're doing and show Kesha some support. Some of the dialogue right now has been 'Oh, Beyonce and Taylor—but mainly Beyonce—are terrible people!'. Kesha needs all the support she can get, and instead of trying to complain about how other artists may not be publicly responding to Kesha, maybe all we need to do is show her some love and support.

And, as other people have already pointed out in this thread, we may not know Beyonce's/Kesha's and Taylor's/Kesha's interactions off-stage. Maybe right now they're grieving with her and are not ready to show her some love publicly. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

GagaMyBlood95
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Isn't Taylor in some small production company? I read (on here) once that she did that so she could have more leverage than she would if she signed with the likes of Sony or Interscope.

She is under Big Machine Records, which is owned by Universal Music Group..

OT: I'm not sure what to think, because on one side, no one is really obligated to state their opinion publicly you know, especially when there is a case like this one where it could be anyone's game! I know that it's very unlikely that Kesha would just lie about all this, but the fact is that we can't know for sure.

Is it nice that Gaga and some other celebs tweeted support? Yes, definitely, it will bring more awareness to the case. Should Bey and Taylor do the same - yeah if you ask me. Do they need to do it? No, they don't...

Lord Temptation

I lost respect for Beyonce a long time ago. Seven years to be exact. Taylor has never had my respect.

2 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Because I don't blindly believe anything I'm told or read??? I knew several girls growing up who would go to parties, have sex with a guy, and claim rape the next morning. I knew girls who said they were raped for attention. Just because kesha said it doesn't mean it's the gospel. It's sad that this is happening to her, as I'm sure something went on behind the scenes, but I'm not going to just call Dr luke a pig and a swine and say free kesha just because she's a woman and he's a man and this is a rape situation?? 

First of all, look up at the pics of her losing it after the sentence and tell me if she looks like she is pretending, cause if she is, she deserves an acting award. Second, it is not a matter of dragging Luke and praising Kesha, Luke and Kesha are mere figures in this game, they are just standing up and saying they don't support the way a person, specially a girl, is being forced to work with someone that clearly brings a lot of distress to them. They just want women to be free and safe in a situation they would have more chances to be if they were male. It is a first, imagine how many girls have been raped before and did not say anything out of fear of this patriarchal situation? Even if Kesha wasn't raped, you can't deny a lot of girls were, including Gaga. Females in the industry are uniting to end this bullshit and make victims break free from their fear and speak out. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

She is signed to them because that's all her Daddy could afford when she was 16 :p

Never in their Wildest Dreams™ did they think Taylor would be what she is today.

Alien Tulip
20 minutes ago, DontDoubtDavid said:

I lost respect for Beyonce a long time ago. I used to love her, she was my favorite since Destinys Child. However, being a Cuban American an hearing the horror stories from Cuba, that little stunt she played by going there made me uncomfortable. He musical quality has also gone down and she just doesn't seem like the same woman I used to love.

What did she do in Cuba? 

Archived