Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Game of Thrones Season 7

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Luiz

Nx4Ahsc.jpg

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People see the rape of Sansa different to the rape of some random wildling I think.

Sansa is a very vulnerable character that has gone through very horrible things, u get attached to her and her story. So just when she seems to get up she gets beaten down again and again. Poor girl, I feel for her. People just need to remember it's a show.

Btw am I the only one that constantly expects Theon break out of his role as Reek and just go badsh.it crazy?

Luiz

People see the rape of Sansa different to the rape of some random wildling I think.

Sansa is a very vulnerable character that has gone through very horrible things, u get attached to her and her story. So just when she seems to get up she gets beaten down again and again. Poor girl, I feel for her. People just need to remember it's a show.

Btw am I the only one that constantly expects Theon break out of his role as Reek and just go badsh.it crazy?

​well they think she was getting all brave because of what exactly? she was scared ****less when petyr told her she was going back to winterfell and even in that scene when she told off ramsay's crazy GF, after she left sansa was still clearly terrified of her situation.

i cant believe people are judging the scene already saying a rape scene was thrown in there for no purpose when the season isnt even over yet so what purpose it served cant even be determined at this point unless you work for the show and know how it turns out. 

i think that scene will be what breaks sansa of her fear of playing the game of thrones and bring back theon to his senses. 

random thought: i was surprised at how many people were shocked that reek didnt step in and stop it because my perception of reek is different due to the books. i  cant see him snapping out of his mental state right now because in the books you get it from his POV and you know whats going on in his mind so its like just feels like he will never snap out of it.

the show does look like its setting up for him to snap out of it and help kill ramsay but i'm hoping that doesnt happen :emma: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

random thought: i was surprised at how many people were shocked that reek didnt step in and stop it because my perception of reek is different due to the books. i  cant see him snapping out of his mental state right now because in the books you get it from his POV and you know whats going on in his mind so its like just feels like he will never snap out of it.

the show does look like its setting up for him to snap out of it and help kill ramsay but i'm hoping that doesnt happen :emma: 

​My thoughts exactly!!

That the only thing that keeps those scenes interesting for me.

Melech

Olenna's face at the end is like: You messed with the wrong family 

chromadica

Nx4Ahsc.jpg

Ok well I'm going to write a lukewarm response to everyone who's making fun of people who are upset about the episode, as someone who's a fan of the books as well as the show. GRRM isn't the issue here. We get how Westerosi society works. An old-timey setting, a s-xist medieval society, rape is a common occurrence. The thing is, ASOIAF is already compelling and shocking, but it never goes out of its way to be. The direction D&D have taken in terms of portraying rape scenes in the show is not exactly commendable. Season one, they took Dany's consensual s-x with Drogo and turned it into him raping her until she grew to enjoy it. Last season they took a consensual s-x scene with Jamie and Cersei and turned it into a completely unnecessary rape scene that basically served no point plot-wise and both characters went on like it never happened??? Also countless others like Meera and Crasters wives. Jeez, even the consensual s-x scene between Tommen and Margaery was a little bit weird considering Tommen is about 8 years old in the books. And during the filming of season two, they talked about how keen and excited they were to create the scene we just witnessed in the recent episode because they "loved the Jeyne Poole storyline", which is already a kind of weird thing to say. From the looks of things, D&D have bent over backwards to include rape in the show, but ignore other potential plots and characters (Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, Young Griff, Bran's entire storyline) and there's basically no real excuse for that. It's a pretty solid criticism of the show's writers imo, and criticism isn't a bad thing. Either way, I'll keep watching and just hope D&D have given Sansa some kind of redemption, she deserves it.

Luiz

Ok well I'm going to write a lukewarm response to everyone who's making fun of people who are upset about the episode, as someone who's a fan of the books as well as the show. GRRM isn't the issue here. We get how Westerosi society works. An old-timey setting, a s-xist medieval society, rape is a common occurrence. The thing is, ASOIAF is already compelling and shocking, but it never goes out of its way to be. The direction D&D have taken in terms of portraying rape scenes in the show is not exactly commendable. Season one, they took Dany's consensual s-x with Drogo and turned it into him raping her until she grew to enjoy it. Last season they took a consensual s-x scene with Jamie and Cersei and turned it into a completely unnecessary rape scene that basically served no point plot-wise and both characters went on like it never happened??? Also countless others like Meera and Crasters wives. Jeez, even the consensual s-x scene between Tommen and Margaery was a little bit weird considering Tommen is about 8 years old in the books. And during the filming of season two, they talked about how keen and excited they were to create the scene we just witnessed in the recent episode because they "loved the Jeyne Poole storyline", which is already a kind of weird thing to say. From the looks of things, D&D have bent over backwards to include rape in the show, but ignore other potential plots and characters (Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, Young Griff, Bran's entire storyline) and there's basically no real excuse for that. It's a pretty solid criticism of the show's writers imo, and criticism isn't a bad thing. Either way, I'll keep watching and just hope D&D have given Sansa some kind of redemption, she deserves it.

​i'm just wondering with all the rape you mentioned that it was never this big of an issue until it was sansa. first season when dany got raped there wasnt any investment into her character at that point so it didnt matter.  same with all the other rape and crap that happened. like when theon was getting tortured and teased by those girls ramsay brought in and then chopped off his dick nobody was outraged or anything rather they laughed at it, why? because they hated theon already. 

the only reason for the outrage is some people were "triggered" which is unfortunate but if you're in season 5 you know what this show is and know its graphic as hell. its just that they were emotionally attatched to sansa so her rape mattered but all those other girls who got raped by dothraki or the babies being  executed by cersei just didnt matter because they didnt care about those characters. 

w/e there is a lot of unneeded horrific **** in the books that dont serve a purpose other than showing the reality of the time its is based on (middle ages)  i look at the show as doing the same thing.

like victarion greyjoy, isnt he all kinds of ****ed up? hes not even in the show which means he isnt important to the plot and even while reading his chapters it all just seems like pointless violence but its entertaining  :shrug: 

chromadica

​i'm just wondering with all the rape you mentioned that it was never this big of an issue until it was sansa. first season when dany got raped there wasnt any investment into her character at that point so it didnt matter.  same with all the other rape and crap that happened. like when theon was getting tortured and teased by those girls ramsay brought in and then chopped off his dick nobody was outraged or anything rather they laughed at it, why? because they hated theon already. 

the only reason for the outrage is some people were "triggered" which is unfortunate but if you're in season 5 you know what this show is and know its graphic as hell. its just that they were emotionally attatched to sansa so her rape mattered but all those other girls who got raped by dothraki or the babies being  executed by cersei just didnt matter because they didnt care about those characters. 

w/e there is a lot of unneeded horrific **** in the books that dont serve a purpose other than showing the reality of the time its is based on (middle ages)  i look at the show as doing the same thing.

like victarion greyjoy, isnt he all kinds of ****ed up? hes not even in the show which means he isnt important to the plot and even while reading his chapters it all just seems like pointless violence but its entertaining  :shrug: 

Yeah well I already mentioned ASOIAF already contains a lot of shocking content. Jeyne Poole's story arc was hard to stomach and I just don't know how D&D could pick that of all storylines and talk about how excited they are. Then decide to not include actual great storylines like Young Griff, Lady Stoneheart, Arianne Martell and also Bran's. GoT is a great show, but I guess my main problem with D&D is it seems like there are too many times where shock factor matters more than the actual storytelling? Like what they did with Talisa (Jeyne Westerling), it was not exactly necessary to have her murdered like that, but they wanted to outdo GRRM and make the Red Wedding more horrific than it already was.

Also whether we're invested in the characters or not has nothing to do with it really, it's just the fact that these guys seem to go out of their way to s-xually objectify female characters in a ~traumatic~ way even when it's blatantly consensual in the books or completely nonexistent. I'm terrified to see what they do with Arya next season after reading the Mercy chapter.

Luiz

Yeah well I already mentioned ASOIAF already contains a lot of shocking content. Jeyne Poole's story arc was hard to stomach and I just don't know how D&D could pick that of all storylines and talk about how excited they are. Then decide to not include actual great storylines like Young Griff, Lady Stoneheart, Arianne Martell and also Bran's. GoT is a great show, but I guess my main problem with D&D is it seems like there are too many times where shock factor matters more than the actual storytelling? Like what they did with Talisa (Jeyne Westerling), it was not exactly necessary to have her murdered like that, but they wanted to outdo GRRM and make the Red Wedding more horrific than it already was.

Also whether we're invested in the characters or not has nothing to do with it really, it's just the fact that these guys seem to go out of their way to s-xually objectify female characters in a ~traumatic~ way even when it's blatantly consensual in the books or completely nonexistent. I'm terrified to see what they do with Arya next season after reading the Mercy chapter.

​well they kinda had to get rid of robb's wife and i enjoy the shock factor of it so :green: idk what to tell ya on that one. i dont remember the dany scene in the books being all the way consentual, it was pretty much like sansa's scene in the show, she didnt want it but knew she had to go through with it. and theres a lot thats non existent in the show that the books take pretty far i mean if they stuck to the books and done it the way GRRM did it the show would flat out get canceled. funny thing, when that sansa scene happened and ramsay said "no reek you stay" i was loke :omg: they are not going to do this like it was in the books and when the credits rolled i was kinda shocked but also just happy they stopped right there and didnt get theon involved :blehga: . like there was no point to theon's role really in that scene in the books but i'm ok with it because ramsay is just that kind of psycho.

i'm fine with shock factor and story telling in my shows but its just that there was this big outcry for sansa's scene and i think the fact that the viewers are invested in that character has a lot to do with it. like i said you can cut theon's dick off and people laugh, same scene with drogo and dany and no outrage but the same thing with sansa and everyone goes nuts. seems hypocritical but w/e. they do shocking **** to men all the damn time on that show but its ok and no outrage at all even when theon shows those 2 children burned to death in season 2. they just thought sansa was going to be all brave and strong this season but idk how they get that idea when she had to be coaxed by littlefinger to go back to winterfell and she was all scared like a little girl and crying because thats who she is.

when she told ramsay's GF to piss off and she wasnt afraid, right after the GF left you could see the clear fear on sansa's face. she isnt all strong and brave at this point, shes still sansa. whether the scene was needed or not can not really be determined at this point until we finish the season

Jase

People just need to wait for the aftermath of that scene before they judge.

Olenna's face at the end is like: You messed with the wrong family 

​Olenna's so badass :applause:

ryhanna

Olenna's gonna get so ruthless on Cersei. Cersei better watch herself.

Fashionista

​Like what? Dany actually doing something competently rather than being the most useless person behind Theon.

Sansa making the Ramsay/Reek plotline not terrible.

Jon being interesting.

Way better than the typical Zombie Apocalypse nonsense Tryion and Jorrah had.

​Jon interesting? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jase

So I've only just realized that Sky screen GOT when it's screened in the US, but that's not until 2am. Looks like I'll be having a late night tonight!

Archived