💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Stonewall movie flopped due to boycott

GawdGa

Featured Posts

"According to Indiewire, the film raked in just $112,414 over its opening weekend, despite costing over $17 million to make.

The loss is likely to be felt hard by Independence Day director Emmerich, who gambled on the film using his own money.

The film placed 29th on the rankings across its opening weekend, beaten by nearly every other major release.

It was shown in 129 theatres, with average takings at a measly $871 – which equates to just 107 people bothering to turn up to see the film per theatre, combining all opening weekend screenings."

tumblr_inline_nvefysG8Kj1scdc77_540.png:omfgaga:

elijahfan

I wouldn't be so sure that it's solely the result of the boycott. The truth is: the average moviegoer would rather go see the new Maze Runner flick than the story of the Gay Pride genesis. I'm not sure mainstream audiences were really ready for something like that - as a small, indie movie, that would have been a different story I guess.

Ouch. Oh well. 

I wouldn't be so sure that it's solely the result of the boycott. The truth is: the average moviegoer would rather go see the new Maze Runner flick than the story of the Gay Pride genesis. I'm not sure mainstream audiences were really ready for something like that - as a small, indie movie, that would have been a different story I guess.

I agree, but the overwhelmingly negative response likely did contribute significantly also.

DrewStevens

Critics hated it, so I guess that didn't help either. 'Milk' received critical acclaim and it's box office was way better.

elijahfan

Ouch. Oh well. 

I agree, but the overwhelmingly negative response likely did contribute significantly also.

That's right... That could have worked with the LGBT community, but they kinda lost their only major audience with the controversy. I'm still convinced this movie wasn't advertised to the right audience - I'll still probably go see it to make my own opinion about it.

Aren't they mad because they changed the skin color of the main character?

The skin color and s-xuality. 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived