💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Melanie Martinez has something important to say

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

tumblr_ntvv4flM5d1u4xyj2o1_1280.jpg

I’m so disappointed. Tonight I got my purse stolen from backstage. I had my passport in there, my card, personal **** from my parents, etc. not only is this illegal, but the fact that whoever took it, did it because they look at it as some sort of twisted “souvenir”, makes me SICK. I hate this internet age we live in too, because I reach out on Twitter trying to find who took my purse and all you write is “mom” “Queen” “follow me”. How is that normal?! How is that okay? How do you sleep at night? My friend gives his number out for anyone who might have any info, and people call laughing, asking if they could talk to me, lying saying they have my purse and will give it back if I get their tweet to 2,000 favorites. Really?
I don’t know how else to say this. I’m sick of artists feeling too scared to speak up on this issue. Just because I make music, doesn’t mean you have the right to dehumanize me. You bully me, you judge me, you call me a b---h If I’m having a bad day, the list goes on and on. I work my ass off for you, I give so much of myself to you, and i go broke to create for you.
Remember that I am a human. The fact that I was talking to another friend of mine who is an artist and she said that if we were bleeding on the sidewalk, people would probably take a selfie before helping us, is a problem. No human should feel this way. Please understand that I make music to express myself, and if you know anything about me you know that I’m nothing but honest. I love everyone who supports me and my music, and I appreciate it. But after tonight there was no way that I couldn’t speak up about this issue.

http://melaniemartinezmusic.tumblr.com/post/127925960743/im-so-disappointed-tonight-i-got-my-purse-stolen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I bet Gaga has a lot she could say about this subject.. Nice to hear a refreshing comment of rom someone in the public eye. Much more candid and real than the usual "celeb rants"

Prismatic

if we were bleeding on the sidewalk, people would probably take a selfie before helping us, is a problem.

The accuracy. People really do have the selfie disease. 

Anyway, I feel terrible for her. I am disgusted with these people.  

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Batwings

Oh my gosh, poor Melanie. That's so awful. She does bring up many good, relevant points, though.

TimisaMonster

Oh wow...she spoke the truth tho...

In fact, just today I heard on the news that a guy got bit by a rattlesnake cuz he picked it up and tried to take a selfie with it :wtfga:

It must be hard when people dont know where to draw the line between fan and stalker/bully

I hope she gets her stuff back...they should look on EBay if they're trying to sell her stuff

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

AlexanderLevi2

YAS YAS and more YAS. She just slayed all those internet crazy kids. Just because someone is a celebrity does not mean they get to be treated like a piece of meat (see my reference there :whitney:)

Currently listening to Joanne

Staryu

:applause: 

Poor Melanie. :( I hope that whoever stole it will give it back to her.

+ she recently said that someone stole the dress that she borrowed from one of her friends or something... :saladga: so rude of them

Dramatica

Oh the drama she made for a stolen purse.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Oh the drama she made for a stolen purse.

Shut the **** up, it's more than just a purse. I would have murdered someone for it. She has her passport, her ATM card and lots of personal belongings in there. 

Archived