Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard Poll: Industry support for Gaga

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

Creyk

Lady Gaga is a strong album seller and an icon, she's the queen and everyone knows she would have delivered another succesful era with ARTPOP if it wasn't for her management problems and the lack of coherence of the album-structure

I believe the real problem was that it became cool to bash and dislike her....the constant negative opinions thrown at her by the media made people dismiss her and not spend money on her.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

YAAASSS to staning for gags! YAAAASSS to staning for mariah!

However I'm sad that rap isn't received well. It's only because the gp is exposed to garbage rap. 

And don't really think Gaga should run a music company. I think she's more comfortable being a creative

I wonder why they feel this way they because Gaga has really been open about her defiance of label and management direction/guidance 

Katie14

I've been saying this forever...that the music industry supported Gaga. They know talent and want her to succeed!

The other thing I've said time and again is that the biggest "problem" with Gaga's last era was that Jimmy Iovine was already basically gone from Interscope! Gaga signing with Jimmy was the best thing that ever happened to her. (not some random choreographer or designer no one has ever heard of) Jimmy is the one who helped get her on the playlists and who continued to do so. When Jimmy called Clear Channel, or other blocks of radio stations, they listened. Iovine had tremendous respect and pull in the music industry overall. When he left, Interscope was not the same.

Do you know why he left?

Whispering

I wonder why they feel this way they because Gaga has really been open about her defiance of label and management direction/guidance 

She is supportive of her label. It's the media that Gaga called out...and she was 100 per cent right on that. 

Management was a problem, but lots of artists have problems with management and switch during their careers. 

Whispering

Do you know why he left?

To go give all of his time to Beats headphones and Apple. Basically, for millions and millions of dollars! Lol

She is supportive of her label. It's the media that Gaga called out...and she was 100 per cent right on that. 

Management was a problem, but lots of artists have problems with management and switch during their careers. 

sure she is supportive, and she is appreciative of what the label does for her, but when the execs and suits come to her and say we want this, we want you to do this, we want you to wear this, she has never done that. There are other artists who willingly put up with the demands set by their record labels (make this kind of song, this theme, this look) and I don't believe Gaga has ever been one to do that

asana15

How can you be so opitmistic? I'm legit worried that she will leave to have kids after the LG5 era and we will not get new music for ten thousand years. 

I don't have a crystal ball. Only time will tell. But she's spoken about longevity often. It's my gut feeling she'll stick around for a long while.

I don't have a crystal ball. Only time will tell. But she's spoken about longevity often. It's my gut feeling she'll stick around for a long while.

I agree 
and I don't think she is physically capable to stop creating. She may take time to start a family but she will return to music at some point 

Whispering

sure she is supportive, and she is appreciative of what the label does for her, but when the execs and suits come to her and say we want this, we want you to do this, we want you to wear this, she has never done that. There are other artists who willingly put up with the demands set by their record labels (make this kind of song, this theme, this look) and I don't believe Gaga has ever been one to do that

Label execs aren't going to come to you and tell you what to wear. Lol 

Labels will pick out the singles sent to radio, along with the artist...but they do have the final say. Labels set up the promo spots with radio stations and work the stations for radio play. They set the timing of album and singles release, help set up recording time, collabs, promotion budget and things of that nature. These are the main jobs of major record labels when it comes to their big name artists. 

Gaga and her label have a good working relationship and they respect her. She is also very supportive of them, as well. 

Label execs aren't going to come to you and tell you what to wear. Lol 

Labels will pick out the singles sent to radio, along with the artist...but they do have the final say. Labels set up the promo spots with radio stations and work the stations for radio play. They set the timing of album and singles release, help set up recording time, collabs, promotion budget and things of that nature. These are the main jobs of major record labels when it comes to their big name artists. 

Gaga and her label have a good working relationship and they respect her. She is also very supportive of them, as well. 

no label execs will do that, managers will do that. 
In one specific instance that I am very aware of and have a great knowledge of have the situation was handled.. A label refused to allow one of their artist to release music until they changed their image. They were scheduled to release a full album Fall 2014 yet the label refused to release the material unless the image was towed down and made less gay/flamboyant.

The label controls everything. If they want to tell you what to wear they will and they can 

Whispering

no label execs will do that, managers will do that. In one specific instance that I am very aware of and have a great knowledge of have the situation was handled.. A label refused to allow one of their artist to release music until they changed their image. They were scheduled to release a full album Fall 2014 yet the label refused to release the material unless the image was towed down and made less gay/flamboyant.

The label controls everything. If they want to tell you what to wear they will and they can 

Once again, for major artists...like Gaga is. 

Some newbies need more direction or need to be told that some things aren't a good idea. Labels will share their opinions and suggestions and have multiple meetings with the artist, but the bigger the artist, the more control they have in their decisions. Gaga got so big, so fast, that she had a great deal of say in matters revolving around artistic decisions and Jimmy is the type of label exec that knows how to work with these extremely talented artists like Gaga! He knows how to suggest and negotiate. 

phantasmas

I believe the real problem was that it became cool to bash and dislike her....the constant negative opinions thrown at her by the media made people dismiss her and not spend money on her.

i also think it had to do with the rest of the industry trying to create 'the next gaga' (ie everyone starts wearing wacky outfits, crazy colored hair, and making music videos with an actual storyline) normalized and diluted her persona. it became easy to pick on her because of this. but now these mofos are realizing the only one who can 'do crazy' is gaga. :cry: i just hope they dont betray her again when her presence/promo isnt needed. 

manyatyau

True. I mean, Taylor might be having her biggest moment right now but who knows? Gaga will be the one who STAY. :kissga:

Archived