celeb

Iggy Azalea Blames Britney Spears for 'Pretty Girls' Not Being a Hit

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

i am sorry....butthis song was made to be #1......thats why she aded Iggy into it 

rs4.gif

Lazy? Try busy.It's not tragic. I don't think Britney is releasing music with the reason to promote and get huge hits.
Now she probably just releases music for her fans and don't care that much if it doesn't reach #1.

No she's lazy. I'm a Britney fan and I know that she is lazy. Her promo schedule has been terrible since the start of Circus. 

Bellatrix

I agree, she is busy. Not tragic. I agree with that. However, I disagree with everything else.

Britney purely releases music for promotion, hits, and for her fans. Thats Britney Spears. Pretty Girls didn't smash because its not very good and because of the Iggy feature. I seriously can't stress that enough because an Iggy feature is not going to get anyone to the top of the charts anymore.

If she releases music for promotion. Why doesn't she promote it then? :sis:

The Child

Britney's controllers are just too busy to input the binary codes to make Britney promote. Synchronising her lips with her old songs is a task hard enough as it is.

I mean she is lip-synching to 17 years old vocals in her Vegas show, that's so disrespectful. :sharon:

No she's lazy. I'm a Britney fan and I know that she is lazy. Her promo schedule has been terrible since the start of Circus. 

I'm a Britney fan and she isn't lazy, she has worked her ass off her entire life, it's normal she now wants to enjoy life with her kids.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

StrawberryBlond

Came here thinking she was going to be really nasty, but she just stated facts. No need for the crude bit about sucking up to her, though. By the sound of it, Iggy was far more into the song than Britney was and was totally up for extensive promo. Considering it was Britney, she was lucky she even got an awards show performance, to be honest. That song's chart performance was vastly overestimated by me and I can't help thinking that the artists and lack of promo was partly the cause. I think it's a great pop song and don't know why so many people here didn't like it. I've got the feeling that if it was, say, Ariana feat. Nicki, it would be met with far better reception.

Not to mention Iggy Azalea is a pop pariah at the moment, having her as a feature is a guaranteed flop.

She had no fanbase before Fancy was a surprise hit either. I don't think people who buy Flo Rida, Pitbull, or Iggy songs when they are catchy are much invested in their persona one way or the other.

Iggy may have blacks and SJW types who hate her for political-racial reasons, but there isn't that many of them compared to the average white girl crowd that she tries to target. 

Bottom line, neither Iggy or Britney can sell a mediocre song based on starpower.

Bellatrix

anigif_enhanced-18626-1422551121-30.gif?

blacklistedd

She had no fanbase before Fancy was a surprise hit either. I don't think people who buy Fo Rida, Pitbull, or Iggy songs when they are catchy are much invested in their persona one way or the other.

Iggy may have blacks and SJW types who hate her for political-racial reasons, but there isn't that many of them compared to the average white girl crowd that iggy and Britney try to target.  

Actually Iggy had quite a following before Fancy, it was once she hit it big that she started losing fans for all the reasons we already know.

Iggy is not a Flo Rida or a Pitbull. Not in the slightest. Iggy was trying to be a Nicki, in which people are invested in both their music and their persona. But that all came crashing down with the immense amount of negative press that shes received. Because of popular opinion regarding appropriation issues, Iggy has lost popularity not just with the minorities you mentioned but with her key demographic as well. Why do you think she had to cancel her tour? Why do you think shes struggled to achieve another hit even remotely on the same level as Fancy? The momentum she'd gathered was blown to pieces by bad press. She was the last person a struggling Britney should have featured on a comeback single.

The Child

've got the feeling that if it was, say, Ariana feat. Nicki, it would be met with far better reception.

Well cause a 22 years old girl singing "all around the world pretty girls, we're just so pretty" seems more okay than a 33 years old mom of two kids singing this.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Alcina Dimitrescu

It's a ****ty song so i'm happy i didnt have to hear it, but she's right

blacklistedd

If she releases music for promotion. Why doesn't she promote it then? :sis:

Ask her dude, I can't give you a definite answer. My opinion being a Britney fan, is a combination of things. First of all, ever since her tabloid reign and consequential breakdown I think shes been insecure in front of the public knowing they're ready to chew her out any second. Thats why she tends to come across awkward and limited conversation wise in interviews and television appearances. I think shes quite self-conscious these days and her team tries to avoid her being perceived as stupid. Its one thing to perform in front of fans at a show designated just for you, its another to perform in front of the country/world. I think they know she tends to do better on radio/singles which is why they hawk that more than pushing for television appearances. But to be quite honest, I think the Billboard performance of Pretty Girls was adequate promotional testing, the response after that performance was not promising and I think they knew it wasnt going to amount to much. Why schedule more performances when they can just move onto another single? Her team flat out stated they're focusing on singles. I imagine they're testing the waters.

Teri Hatcher

:lmao:

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Archived