💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's Chart Success Similar to P!nk's

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

I can see some similarities, but overall Gaga is a way bigger artist than P!nk. 

both are very talented though. they are one of the few pop girls out there that can actually sing and put up a great performance.

*cough-cough*

LJ-201009-106-P-pg.jpg

:awkney:

æœˆă«ă‹ă‚ăŁăŠă€ăŠă—ăŠăă‚ˆïŒđŸŒ™

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

It obviously hasn't sold 3m. But 1.7m is wrong too. It had sold 1,82m officialy in June 2014. Now it has sold 1,95-2m

Flase. It sold. 2.3mww in 2013 and 500K in 2014 wich makes 2.8Mww and that's why people say it sold almost 3M WW.

LoveandMagic

While Gaga was wayyyy more popular at the start of her career than P!nk was, P!nk still had two very successful first LP's (especially her second). But when P!nk's third LP "Try This" came out, it flopped in the US but did decently in Europe, much like Gaga's third LP "ARTPOP". The good news is, P!nk came back when she released her fourth LP and has obviously had a very successful career since. Just like Gaga will :whitney: has anyone else had this realization? 

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CALLING THEM SIMILAR. It's just that if you plotted their albums successes on a chart, the charts would look quite similar

With the utmost respect, I'm not sure how one can accurately gauge one artist's chart career based on that of another. What I mean is, aren't there many, many factors that can go into what makes an album/singles chart well? Such as the level of "competition", level of promo, the fan base (who do they cater to? how big is the base? how loyal? Are they super controversial?), etc. Also artist longevity I would think would play a key factor, as part of name recognition.

What may have stopped P!nk from underperforming with her third album is likely not the same factor as what caused Gaga to underperform (and therefore it's just a coincidence), as likely as Pink then coming back with a successful album (charts) may have been the result very different circumstances that will not be present for Gaga and therefore will not impact Gaga's next effort. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Tropico

I thought the real number was 1.7 million but we inflated it to 2.5 million. Where does 3 million come from?

The real number is 2 Million.

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

BloodyM

Well yes I do have to agree with you. The record label wanted another successful catchy pop album from P!nk after Misunderstood, and she gave them Try This, like Gaga rebelled with ARTPOP after the success of TFM.

I do believe that P!nk and Gaga are on different levels of success as they do not come out of the same era, but yes they have many similarities, including their musical influences. 

Anyways, unlike ARTPOP, Try This had awesome reviews together with a grammy award for best female rock vocal and imo, even though many will not agree, TT is P!nk at her best, raw, real and emotional.  

Tropico

I see the similarities, "Try This" had one minor hit like "ARTPOP" and hopefully LG5 will be Gaga's "I'm Not Dead."

What ARTPOP era are you talking about? Applause was huge and became one of Gaga's signature hits. There are some lyrics which replicate "P-P-P-Poker Face p-p-poker face". And DWUW would count as a medium or minor hit. 

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

P!nk only could wish. But the thing with that is ARTPOP no one was really here for in general. Not just America but still did well.

Fiona Apple

Flase. It sold. 2.3mww in 2013 and 500K in 2014 wich makes 2.8Mww and that's why people say it sold almost 3M WW.

Well I would be happy if these were the sales. But no these are SHIPMENTS. It's different from real sales.

Fiona Apple

I see the similarities, "Try This" had one minor hit like "ARTPOP" and hopefully LG5 will be Gaga's "I'm Not Dead."

Applause was not a minor hit sis,it was actually a massive hit (went x3 platinum). DWUW is an ok-hit (x1 platinum) "Try This" didn't even have a top 40 btw

bionic

Applause was not a minor hit sis,, "Try This" didn't even have a top 40 btw

At least her #68 chart flop from late 2003 earned her a Grammy and has continued impact into the modern day to make up for the chart flop.

buy bionic

Fiona Apple

At least her #68 chart flop from late 2003 earned her a Grammy and has continued impact into the modern day to make up for the chart flop.

I am not hating on Pink or something sis. I actually really like her. But yeah.. Even if it had 10 grammys. #68 is not a hit

bionic

I am not hating on Pink or something sis. I actually really like her. But yeah.. Even if it had 10 grammys. #68 is not a hit

Nobody's disputing that.

buy bionic

ARTPOPdidntflop

The real number is 2 Million.

it's 2.9

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Archived