💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga top Katy's record?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Creyk

Do you think with the next era and RedOne's help, Gaga should express her superiority once and for all and go all out to get 6 #1's from a single album? I always read on here that Gaga is better than Katy in every single way (except for boob size, but she could fix that if she really wanted to), and now with her promising new management team get 6 #1's from the next album?

I think it would give her really good press, and people would acknowledge her "next level" status, something that has been tarnished since the ARTPOP era. 

Also to be honest, she needs new hits. Yes Telephone and Just Dance are great songs but it would be nice if she had new successful songs to sing on her next tour. When performing, you can see that she is tired of performing those old songs over and over again but well, she has to include hits in the setlist :shrug:

So what do you think? Should Gaga go all out with the next era? Can she even achieve something like that?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

It's not that I don't believe in Gaga (because I do, when things align correctly she is almost unstoppable), it's that I think it's a ridiculously difficult record to defeat which is hardly ever even close to being matched :spin: 

Sugarfall

I don't think anyone can achieve that because with Spotify and such you can know all of the album without buying it and people get bored of after-album singles even faster than before.

bionic

How close has she got in the past?

IIRC Katy was jumping through every hoop to beat Michael Jackson's record (especially with the transparent rent-a-rapper remixes). I don't think I'd like to see her do that.

buy bionic

JGD

I think it's a matter of IF she CAN top Katy's record.

But yeah, she should go "all out" with huge potential hits.

JGD

I don't think anyone can achieve that because with Spotify and such you can know all of the album without buying it and people get bored of after-album singles even faster than before.

​Gaga can opt to not include her next album on Spotify, like what other artists have done.

Didymus

No because that will just make Monsters crazy with all the Gaga vs. Katy mess.

I'd rather have people calling her "next level" for her musical quality than the amount of hits she has. It's pathetic and anyone who doesn't agree with me is probably (or should I say hopefully) gonna be very disappointed in Gaga's further evolution.

Supersonic

She ain't even 10 years in the biz and we're discussing stuff like this :emma:

Serendipity

For that she'll need flawless promo and good marketing

She's gonna need her mega massive streaming power back (so goodbye long videos)

and smash potential radio support like crazy

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

I love Gaga so much and I prefer her over Katy (even though I love Katy and I became a fan of her as well) but I think that it is so difficult to beat this record. 

Serendipity

How close has she got in the past?

IIRC Katy was jumping through every hoop to beat Michael Jackson's record (especially with the transparent rent-a-rapper remixes). I don't think I'd like to see her do that.

​The rent a rapper has been going on since ages

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

SlaeUrAnus

I do not even think she will ever get another #1 to be honest. 

In my messy era.

Supersonic

I don't think Gaga particularly cares about Katy's records and lets the quality of the music speak for itself.

Archived