Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

best selling foreign female artists in japan

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Gaga out-selling every female artist who debuted in the 21st century in terms of official certifications. And it's not just in any country, but in the world's 2nd biggest music market. That's incredible! Congratulations to Gaga and to all the Japanese fans who made this possible! :applause: 

JusKeepBreathin

It seems Japan loves powerful ballads over dance pop tracks. I'm surprised Adelle isn't there. I'm sure she must be behind Britney.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD

It seems Japan loves powerful ballads over dance pop tracks. I'm surprised Adelle isn't there. I'm sure she must be behind Britney.

Adele is not that big in Japan.

21 was only peaked at #4 on Oricon charts.

Also, 2012 was pretty much Gaga's year in Japan.

While 21 was everywhere in 2012,

Born This Way is one of 3 best selling foreign albums there, both CD and digital download for 2012.

Another two are Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits and Avril's Goodbye Lullaby, 

http://www.riaj.or.jp/e/issue/

Other than that Japanese love their Rock and Roll, J-Pop and K-Pop.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JusKeepBreathin

Adele is not that big in Japan.

21 was only peaked at #4 on Oricon charts.

Also, 2012 was pretty much Gaga's year in Japan.

While 21 was everywhere in 2012,

Born This Way is one of 3 best selling foreign albums there, both CD and digital download for 2012.

Another two are Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits and Avril's Goodbye Lullaby, 

http://www.riaj.or.jp/e/issue/

Other than that Japanese love their Rock and Roll, J-Pop and K-Pop.

Yes, I was just referring to the picture with the sales posted. Mariah, Celine, and Whitney with the most foreign sales. I do believe they love their local pop over foreign pop.  i guess I should have stated they prefer foreign power ballads to foreign pop. That's interesting about Adelle though. I wonder why she didn't sell a lot over there.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

StrawberryBlond

I genuinely want to know why Avril isn't there. She's sold about 4 million albums alone in Japan, that's not even including her singles. She has tons of gold singles in Japan and Girlfriend sold a million copies there. Are these sales just albums or based on these artists entire discographies? Because those figures cannot be right. They are all higher than that and Avril should definitely be there, top three for sure. It does say certified sales, mind you. Maybe not all of Avril's have been certified?

That's interesting about Adelle though. I wonder why she didn't sell a lot over there.

​I don't know why but Asians just don't seem to connect to soul music. It's simply not in their culture. In the Phillippines, they love big diva vocalists and jazz classics but that's about the only Asian country that does. I heard 21 sold about 20,000 in China which is about as much as ARTPOP, Prism, Avril Lavigne and Britney Jean sold. You don't hear about her sales anywhere else in Asia either. It's weird because Asia have always liked Mariah, Celine and Whitney, so you think they'd like any female who could sing, but if you don't have voices at their high level, they don't have much time for you, it seems. Yet, they also support singers who have lesser voices. It all comes down to the style of music, I guess. As you can see by this list, they love pop. But hip hop, RnB, soul doesn't connect. Beyonce is about the only urban female who has an Asian fanbase, though she doesn't sell like she used to. Rihanna has never been big in Asia despite her dominance worldwide. None of the rap females have ever done well either, not even Nicki Minaj, who's been desperately trying to court the Asian market unsuccessfully with kooky costumes and lyrics.

SomethingMore

Avril is missing, therefor this list is kinda irrelevant.

barcodemonster

Gaga slays every country harder than anyone else 

scan my barcode

For such a largely populated country I'd expect the sales to be bigger. Western girls need to get their Japanese promo game on

​When you consider how resistant Anglo-Americans are to non-English music, it's amazing they do as well as they do.

• 1 year later...
godvrilbjs

Where is Avril Lavigne?She should be on the 2nd position bcuz she has sold more than 9 million records in Japan

Archived