Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Born This Way discussion

Mills

What are your favorite singles from Born This Way?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite singles from Born This Way?

Featured Posts

Welcome to the Born This Way  (2011) discussion thread!

Six months before the highly anticipated album release in May 2011, Lady Gaga emotionally, and proudly, declared in front of thousands of her fans that she's going to release the "greatest album of the decade" in Born This Way, and not for herself but for the millions of people who believed in her, helped her achieve her dreams, and supported her to become the world's most celebrated entertainer in recent years. The hype over the album proved to be colossal when its title track and lead single "Born This Way" debuted at #1 in various record popularity charts across the world. The succeeding singles, "Judas" and "The Edge of Glory" also opened strongly as both debuted within the top 10 in multiple countries. 

And when the album was finally released, it didn't disappoint either as it broke commercial records, sold more than a million copies in its first week, and was met with wide acclaim, including a third consecutive nomination for the GRAMMY's Album of the Year. A month later, Lady Gaga, who began calling herself as "Mother Monster", was introduced as the new Queen of Pop by RollingStone - further cementing her place atop the music industry. That same year, she was also named as the World's Most Powerful Celebrity by Forbes. And she didn't waste all the attention for vanity. At a time when she's at the top of the world, she chose not to play safe as she fearlessly advocated social equality, especially for the rights of a highly discriminated sector of society - the LGBT community. A youth empowerment foundation named after the album was later launched at Harvard.

It became evident more than ever that she's not just the new Queen of Pop or any of the other titles bestowed on her before and after Born This Way was released. Lady Gaga is an outstanding artist who's extremely rare to find and a valiant activist who's more than willing and genuinely passionate to make any of her fans feel that there's nothing "wrong" or to be shameful  about oneself. As Gaga herself proudly sings, "whether life's disabilities left you outcast, bullied or teased. Rejoice and love yourself today 'cause baby, you were born this way!" Here's a thread for all the fans whose lives were changed, in some way or another, by Gaga's arguably most meaningful album to date.

anigif_optimized-5194-1427481474-28.gif

tumblr_lvjryhk0Vf1qc3ybbo1_500.gif

Milestones:

8 MILLION albums sold worldwide

2.3 MILLION albums sold in the US - Billboard

4 top 10 hits on the Hot 100 chart - Billboard

11th greatest album by a female artist in history - RollingStone

First multi-national, multi-hyphenate, multi-s-xual pop album of our time - MTV

​2 MTV Video Music awards won

- 2011 Best Female Video for "Born This Way"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blade

I really really love The Edge Of Glory. It's meaning, her amazing vocals and the outro made me almost cry the first time I had listened to it. :kisses:

Oscar

I still get excited when I listen to Marry The Night. It's a song with a lot of energy and the production is intense. The vocals are great especially in the bridge. It's my favorite song in general from Born This Way. 

The Edge of Glory is a close second. 

Christina

Marry the Night is my favorite song from BTW. It's energetic, great instrumental, great vocals and it makes me want to smash things.

My mom says I'm cool

Dangerous Man

The Edge of Glory could be one of her biggest WW smash if only it had a great video and more promo. :giveup:

I still can't get over the fact Scheiße didn't become a single. :giveup:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Rino

the only single that I didn't like during BTW era is Judas

not because of its religious theme, but because it sounds too much like Bad Romance 2.0 :neyde:

(that is also the reason why I don't like Gypsy much - it tries to be TEOG 2.0 :neyde:)

and there was not a single performance of Judas that was great.

usually for every Lady Gaga's single you can find a perfect top-notch performance by her, but all performances with Judas seemed messy to me. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

bayonse

The Edge of Glory could be one of her biggest WW smash if only it had a great video and more promo. :giveup:

I still can't get over the fact Scheiße didn't become a single. :giveup:

what is ur definition of a great vid? teog is her best song and video for me

no more parties in LA

Slade

Great album, but the singles still upset me. The era had so much more potential comercial success if the singles had been picked more intelligently. Judas threw the whole thing off track even though it's one of my favorite songs on the album.

The Child

Judas is my favorite single from this era just cause since it was released I had such a connection with it, I loved the video, the look she had for Judas, the performances. For me, Judas is her last BIG & GREAT hit.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child

Great album, but the singles still upset me. The era had so much more potential comercial success if the singles had been picked more intelligently. Judas threw the whole thing off track even though it's one of my favorite songs on the album.

​Judas is also one of my favorite songs but I could live without it being a single tbh, Born This Way was perfect as lead, MTN or TEOG should have been the second one.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bebe

I didn't realise it would be so hard to choose my favourite single :giveup:

TEOG is amazing, the lyrics of You and I are great, Marry The Night is brilliant and Born This Way is an awesome dance power ballad hybrid.

The best thing about Born This Way, in my opinion, is that a lot of my favourite tracks were never even singles. Heavy Metal Lover, Scheiße, Government Hooker :giveup:

I even have love for the cover. It makes so much sense in regard to the album, if flows like a heavy metal record. Relentless energy with no real dips or pauses.

With The Fame you had lighter songs like Eh Eh or Brown Eyes, With TFM you had Speechless and So Happy I Could Die, with ARTPOP you had Dope.
The closest we got with BTW was You and I but even that had a relatively heavy production.

It's a great record imo. ARTPOP feels so fresh to me now so it's my favourite atm, but I imagine as the album's keep coming Born This Way will keep rising on my list of favourite Gaga records.

MANiCURE1295

I REALLY WISH I could've seen the Born This Way Ball...my show was cancelled...I wish I could've experienced the live experience with the album. 

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived