Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Madeon talks about working with Gaga on ARTPOP and "Tinnitus"

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

What was it liking working on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP album?
It was awesome. It was a great experience for me, definitely. She’s a very, obviously insanely talented person. She’s a great vocalist, a true, real songwriter. She’s great. It was very impressive to me and inspirational, but also, she cares a lot about everyone that works with her. I felt like she respected me, and that was very meaningful. She doesn’t work with tons of producers all the time.

The way I approached it was to trust her judgements and be a tool in her process to execute her vision. I didn’t want to come in and try to make it a Madeon song. I wanted to make sure that it was a way for her to express her ideas. If I worked for someone different, I would probably have a different approach, but I felt like I came in, started working on the album, like halfway through it’s completion, so it already had an identity.

It wasn’t my role to define it, you know what I mean? That’s how I approached it, but I saw her again recently. I saw her performing the songs we had worked on together live, and it was very, very touching to me. Overall, it was a very important experience for me.

I think “Gypsy” was the best song on that album.
Thank you, I think so too.

Is there an unreleased song? There’s a rumor about a track called “Tinnitus.”
Pretty much everything we’ve worked on has been released. I don’t have, how can I word that, I do not personally have any copy of a song with Lady Gaga singing that’s called “Tinnitus.” I don’t have it.

How is it working with Lady Gaga different to say Coldplay?
It’s quite, first of all, it was a much longer process. We worked together for way longer, but as I said, I have to keep in mind who she was and try to understand what she wanted to do to make sure I was helpful in accomplishing her vision. I think when you work with an upcoming artist, or something like that, you may have more of a possibility to assert your identity, and help them find their identity.

I think, now, if I were to work with Lady Gaga right now, I would do it very differently, I think, because I’m more confident as a producer. It was an insanely meaningful learning experience for me working with her.

http://www.idolator.com/7589416/coachella-2015-madeon-interview-collaborators-debut-album-adventure-lady-gaga-ARTPOP

RIP Tinnitus, the gay anthem that never was :pray:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spyro

CAME HERE BECAUSE TINNITUS. 

Now, to read the article.

Edit: :noparty: 

Spyro the Dragon

Spock

We are never going to hear it lol

who will love me when the night is over

Bad Monster Kid

"She’s a very, obviously insanely talented person. She’s a great vocalist, a true, real songwriter"

No lies detected. Carry on. :lolly:

Spyro

Hope this doesn't mean Onion Girl & In Like With You were a lie too :ohno: 

Spyro the Dragon

Haroon

Me right now

edit: Wait that doesn't mean it didn't exist :huh: Oh well, not like we ever hear every song that's recorded for an album :laughga: I just wish we didn't even know supposed track titles sometimes :dead: 

RAMROD

Oh the heart break of many :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Stephen

maybe tinnitus isn't a madeon production? or maybe he's not allowed to talk about it?

Spyro

I never even knew who and how came out with that weird title anyway :awkney: 

​@5:55

Spyro the Dragon

Archived