💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jay Z: "Music became free, but people will pay 6$ for water"

700guns

Featured Posts

Spock

He exaggerated, sure, but I don't see the inaccuracy in what he's saying. People pay for something that you can get for free but don't pay for something that shouldn't be free. He's right :ohwell:

Also a bottle of 1,5L of Fiji Water costs more than 5 dollars with shipping, so what he said wasn't far fetched
http://store.fijiwater.com/

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

I love how in the past few days everytime there is article about tidal or related with tidal the top argument of people is 'u r reach ... .therefor don't ask for more money' :smh: 

sure in the normal world we don't pay for 6$ for bottle of water .... but I get what he is saying .... why people take music for granted and think it's must be something that is free when they have to pay for things that are actually free

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Phoenix

The bottle water is around 1$ here and my country is poor as ****. Also water "out of the tap" is paid for here. And in many other countries. 

Comparing water to music. Tragic.

tumblr_nm1odfaQ3s1sg888so1_400.gif

💎

Ladey Gagz

Guys he could've said 1$ and his point would still be valid :awkney:

Are we going to have a thread for everything an artist from tidal says and bash on them for the same things every single time 

Ray of Light

This family is disgusting. When will America wake up and realize that underneath the Royalty of Music facade lies a family with terrible, money-thirsty intentions. It's only a matter of time before they run for office, and the illiterate little wife truly thinks she's actually the ****. 

tumblr_n531yo0Wt61qidrf8o2_250.gif

uo111

No they won't.

Tap water is free. Only rich b---hes pay for "designer water," and those are the people that other people are complaining about.

They are just so disconnected from reality and what people actually are willing to pay for. People are willing to pay for tour tickets, focus on that if you want money.

I agree with many things. If you're willing to pay $50 to go to a concert, why wouldn't you sometimes pay $1.30 for a single?

But it's just talk mostly; I think that the idea behind this was: "streaming is the future, we could make big cash from this."

RAMROD

Well, my bottled water cost $40 per pack of 24, it's Perrier, 16oz, that means about $1.6 per bottle :fan:

Anyway, he was trying to make a point so he exeggerates.

You guys don't have to take it so literally. :smh:

He just offering a choice, of tjat doesn't suit your need, there will be people that will.

Easy on the rage tbh :fan:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

No they won't.

Tap water is free. Only rich b---hes pay for "designer water," and those are the people that other people are complaining about.

They are just so disconnected from reality and what people actually are willing to pay for. People are willing to pay for tour tickets, focus on that if you want money.

Like said in the article, small artists have no revenue. They can't ask $100 for tickets and then sell more than 3000 tickets, they're happy to sell 100 tickets for $10. They can't pay back their label with that.

Chromatislaps

I agree with Jay-Z

It seems that most of you guys condone the fact that we should pirate music...because we can?!

Are artists and their music are not worth your money? I mean making good music costs a lot of time, producing, mixing, recording, mastering...back in the day people were happy if they bought an album, because there was more time put into it...look at Led Zeppelin, they did not make easy, simple chart music, but millions of people bought their albums because they were really good....now we all seem stuck on buying easy, tired, inspirationless productions with the same buildups, drops, chords and basslines you hear all the time? would you give money for a proper album?

LP vinyl is still the best quality...and CD quality doesn't even come close, but iTunes and mp3 is sh!t compared to Vinyl...so personally I think going to Hi-fi (CD quality) digitally is a good step in the right direction.

Haroon

Can the title be changed so people read the full article and post about the article instead of just that little quote (which isn't as important as some of the other things he says) please? :sweat: 

RebeldeFaith

You can accidentally loose your hearing capabilities and never listen to music again and live with it but you can't live without water, it's one of the most essential things we need to survive.

I understand his point but exagerating won't make it sound better.

Now I can see why an artist like Gaga isn't involved in this.

Something something idk

Last time I check I bought bottle water at walmart for less than a dollar, and if he actually acknowledges that music is priceless, why put a price on it? 

This makes me wonder, how about radio? I dont know how much artists make off of it, but just bcs a platform like spotify provides me with the power to press play on any song I want that's not okay? 

Pole dancer

RAMROD

You guys missing the big things he pointed out along the interview and only focusing on how rich these people are and that enraged you cos you feel they shouldn't get richer :toofunny:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

uo111

Like said in the article, small artists have no revenue. They can't ask $100 for tickets and then sell more than 3000 tickets, they're happy to sell 100 tickets for $10. They can't pay back their label with that.

Is the payout to artists based on streams in Tidal?

Cause if it is, then that argument means nothing.

Archived