đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

American Horror Story: Hotel - premiers October 7th on FX!

asana15

Featured Posts

Evan Peters

​Well, out of all of the characters in Freak Show, Elsa, Ethel, Jimmy, Dell, Desiree, Maggie and even Bette and Dot had varying degrees of back story. In terms of development it had some of the series overall best too. Elsa had a massive backstory, we got loads of information for her.

​I was talking about all the extra side characters. 

This is going to be long so you don't have to read this unless you want to! 

I disagree to an extent. I loved Freakshow though it's farthest from the most development overall. Some characters had amazing backstory (as you stated above, Elsa) but it lacked any cohesion among every single character. Obviously I don't believe Ryan has to give every single character a backstory and some type of development, but he has this knack for exaggerating the importance of certain characters which leaves a pretty stale feeling when it comes to the end and the characters that he gloated about end up having zero influence, development, or backstory. Twisty is a great example of lack of influence--he only appeared for 4 episodes; and while his story was pretty sad and sympathetic, his ark left me going 'that's it? :laughga: . 

Murder House, in my opinion, is the goal Ryan should always try to achieve with his seasons. The major characters had sufficient backstory, developed for better or worse, and all played a major part throughout the entire season. Even the minor characters had well written stories to go with them. I suppose it has to do with the fact that Ryan is King of first seasons though :rip: 

The only thing you learn about Jimmy is that he's a prostitute on the side, (a plot in which is never mentioned again except for the mess that was Episode 9) that he liked to dress up as a solider when he was little, and that he had stage fright. You never learn why he and Ethel got separated, how Elsa managed to reunite them, or even why he joined the show to begin with. While he was one of the characters that had the most development in the end (accepting his 'attribute' and getting wooden claws instead of actual hands) the backstory (that was assumed to be shown based on how Elsa and Ethel both mentioned him while he was younger) was never there. 

I do agree that desiree, dell, and bette & dot (even though they did contradict themselves in the end--specifically Dot) had developed well. I hate Maggie with a burning passion so I have no comment on her or her backwards, ignorant actions, (i do not think finding out that she pretended to be paper boy to scam people constitutes as developmental nor backstory but I haven't watched freakshow in a while and never really payed attention to her arc to begin with). I'd like to add that if we're talking about the characters who actually did have a well written story then Dandy would def be included (even though I disliked him as well, lol). 

But I feel like they did need "freaks". The real interesting stories went to the real actors, but I feel like the "freaks" did add something to the show by just being there.

​I wasn't saying that they weren't needed I just think that if Ryan is going to boast about them and their stories then he could have spent a little more time on them as well as not killing every single one of them off during Dandy's rampage just for the sake of getting rid of characters (Honestly---EVE getting killed by DANDY?? What bull****). 

I'll rephrase what I was saying. I'd prefer if we had a smaller cast so Ryan could have more focus on each character instead of giving us half-assed storylines, abandoned plots, and questions that are never answered (refer to the thing concerning Jimmy in my response to Chanel). 

Ryan is very ambitious and I appreciate how excited and how much effort he puts into some shows, but that also ends up being his worst trait. He creates all these plots, characters, ect, and it becomes overwhelming which ends up in confusing plot holes and questions that are said to be answered and then aren't. 

All this being said, I have high hopes for Hotel. I loved Freakshow (though a lot didn't) and I think this season could possibly become my fav season. I'll obviously have to wait and see once we get the basic plot for it, character names, summaries, all that stuff. 

emma roberts is an abuser

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPchamp

Nope son. In July Lady Gaga is in Europe for the Cheek to Cheek tour. All month.

Hellaboi

I think is very smart that she is doing this. She wants to be taken serious as a real artist and starting with a hit TV show is the way to do it, specially a critical acclaim one.

She's gonna do great and I can't wait. 

Pure Adrenaline

"Well, I haven't seen her [acting] yet."

:saladga: Ryan nooo

​what where is this from ..... :saladga:

don't ruin my hopes pls :saladga:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Admin unfeatured this topic
  • Jase pinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived