Lady Gaga and RedOne are still working together

• First
  • Page 11 of 12
G.U.Y.

23,388 posts

I personally think Garibay has more depth in his music. It's usually not as banging, or as clean, but has more musical depth in it.

RedOne's getting there, his work on BTW proves it, but I think Garibay and DJWS are better in producing music, not just 'hits'. imo

I love how most people stan so hard for TFM but dont want RedOne back even though he produced half of TFM. His songs on TF are :legend: and BTW has Judas & Scheiße. Why wouldnt you want him back do you honestly prefer Garibay with reheated 80's disco beats?

Because his recent work with other artists seem to be contrived from himself. He's getting very formulaic. I'm sure with Gaga he won't be just formulaic, I hope.

G.U.Y.

7,076 posts

I personally think Garibay has more depth in his music. It's usually not as banging, or as clean, but has more musical depth in it.

RedOne's getting there, his work on BTW proves it, but I think Garibay and DJWS are better in producing music, not just 'hits'. imo

:yes:

G.U.Y.

Banned

3,644 posts

I don't like his tracks very much ... sorry.
I guess we don't need anymore attempts for Bad Romance 2.0, I guess there should be a whole new track that will hit the skies in it's own way rather than attempting to imitate a previous success.

G.U.Y.

23,388 posts

I don't like his tracks very much ... sorry.
I guess we don't need anymore attempts for Bad Romance 2.0, I guess there should be a whole new track that will hit the skies in it's own way rather than attempting to imitate a previous success.

I agree. It can apply to RedOne, too. Revolutionize in your own work as much as you can, don't try to BR2.0 it.

G.U.Y.

Banned

3,644 posts

I agree. It can apply to RedOne, too. Revolutionize in your own work as much as you can, don't try to BR2.0 it.

Exactly! thank you very much :)

G.U.Y.

2,594 posts

His work is good as long as he does an effort and doesn't recylce :nails:

G.U.Y.

7,657 posts

The reason why RedOne songs are generic is because of the artist she's making them with. Do you honestly believe that Nicki Minaj had any say on Starships? No, so RedOne has no need to experiment more with his sounds. However, we've come to see what happens when you have Gaga and RedOne working together (they came up with Bad Romance for crying out loud). It's not like Gaga working with RedOne equals generic music. Maybe radio friendly, NOT generic.

:crossed:

OMG
Amen

G.U.Y.

10,060 posts

Yay! I love RedOne, I don't know why some people don't want him to work with Gaga anymore.

I know right? Bad Romance and Monster were 2 of my 3 favourite FM songs (not counting Dance In The Dark), Judas is my fav from BTW and Scheisse and MTN are the next on my list, so again 2 out of 3 of my favs on the album

Also in terms of hits, we should note that Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance were her 3 biggest hits so far (well i think Born This Way passed Just Dance a little but still very close)... So he is a hit maker machine

OMG
Amen

so what? even if it was generic is that so bad? Generic music doesnt equal bad music... Ive heard many beautiful generic sounding music (like The Edge Of Glory), and not so good non-generic music (like Rihannas man down)

Generic just means is mainstream and appealing to the mass, that doesnt automatically make it bad music just because its not only a specific type of ppl that appreciate it

G.I.R.L.

6,367 posts

RedOne gets Gaga the most out of his clients. :)

G.U.Y.

4,790 posts

Guys, just because you don't like his work with other artists, doesn't mean he can make amazing music with Gaga. Generic doesn't mean crappy music, it means it appeals to a lot of people. Do't you want that? I'd rather have a fun dance song I can play at house parties. Let's face it, "I'm a warrior queen" doesn't really get the party started.
And to people saying judas is a bad romance-copy, it's not. And if it is, it's gaga's fault. She wrote it. The only similarities are the structure. If you put the beats side by side, they sound NOTHING alike.

I actually want her to work with Max Martin, Dr Luke and Stargate, to see what she can squeeze out of them.

G.U.Y.

4,790 posts

My opinion in RedOne, is that in fact he got less creativity, people complain about Dr.Luke using same progressions, but RedOne uses whole songs elements in others, the drum pattern of poker face is repeated in most of The Fame songs like Just Dance and Paper Gangsta, Just Dance Drum Pattern is present in I Like it by Enrique Inglesias, and Evacuate the Dancefloor which is basically a Just Dance 2.0, Just Dance riff is present in Monster

Should i List More? :crossed:

What? the just dance riff is not in Monster. Monster has this square-pattern:
acacacac bdbdbdbd cccc eeee aaa ffff c
and just dance has
bbbb d#d#d#d# BmBmBmBm eeee Em
and they both have COMPLETELY different synths. You can't ever compare the two

G.U.Y.

35,316 posts

Need some Space Cowboy shot for next album please.
They could do another Happy I Could Die, or Monster or Starstruck
or release that Earthquake song or do something really new together tbh.
Would be lovely!

G.U.Y.

83 posts

I'm fine with that! BUT i'm not here for more Bad Romances, Poker Faces, etc. Want them to break the charts with something new, i know they can do that so… let's pray.

G.U.Y.

4,972 posts

I'm fine with that! BUT i'm not here for more Bad Romances, Poker Faces, etc. Want them to break the charts with something new, i know they can do that so… let's pray.

This :nacho:

G.U.Y.

2,460 posts

I was hoping she'd start becoming more of an album artist and not have to rely on generic-ish singles. She was doing that with BTW but because of the amazon thing...
I don't even like Red One anymore. I don't like Judas much and Scheisse isn't that good. I like the mugler remix better actually. Hair is good but his production was kind've messy.

G.U.Y.

4,864 posts

Garibay is good, but he should be limited to one or two songs on the next album. His songs just don't have that IT quality like the rest of RedOne and GaGa's songs... the closest Garibay came to having a true hit was DITD. RedOne and GaGa are just magic together, and I do hope a majority of her songs come from him on this next album

G.U.Y.

1,111 posts

I was hoping she'd start becoming more of an album artist and not have to rely on generic-ish singles. She was doing that with BTW but because of the amazon thing...

Lol, where have you been? She's been an albums artist since TFM and since TF was bundled with it, both albums were purchased.

G.I.R.L.

3,883 posts

tbh gaga need to work with new producers

G.U.Y.

23,388 posts

Guys, just because you don't like his work with other artists, doesn't mean he can make amazing music with Gaga. Generic doesn't mean crappy music, it means it appeals to a lot of people. Do't you want that? I'd rather have a fun dance song I can play at house parties. Let's face it, "I'm a warrior queen" doesn't really get the party started.
And to people saying judas is a bad romance-copy, it's not. And if it is, it's gaga's fault. She wrote it. The only similarities are the structure. If you put the beats side by side, they sound NOTHING alike.

I actually want her to work with Max Martin, Dr Luke and Stargate, to see what she can squeeze out of them.

People are really scared/off-put of her working with Luke because they automatically think it'll mean generic. I'm sure if she actually co-produced it/had say in the process of making the music, it'd come out much different then we'd expect (I hope).

My biggest fear with RedOne now is that he MIGHT be formulaic. I'm sure Gaga wouldn't allow that and will have input of her own, but there's always a little paranoia that it will.

G.U.Y.

2,460 posts

Lol, where have you been? She's been an albums artist since TFM and since TF was bundled with it, both albums were purchased.

Lol. I meant as in over time her albums get to the point like Kanyes MBDTF and have universal appeal without being generic. She can sell albums really well. With BTW it was a mix of some songs that sounded like generic 80s songs and others that sounded new and fresh. I want her to make a new and fresh pop sound that doesn't have to rely on singles to get praised or sell. BTW is my favorite gaga album but it didn't have much consistency with the sound which is good because it has diversity but it should flow. It was a mix of pleasing the public and pleasing her core fans who wanted harder stuff. It may not be the next album but it could be in the future hopefully. She is still a pop artist.

• First
  • Page 11 of 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gaga Daily. 2009-2013. Privacy Policy Contact Powered by IP Board