Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift sees some people's views on her music as sexist

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

She's right though,but nobody ever b---hed about Adele writing about her exes? .-.

RT

tumblr_n8fn0x5OUa1r28exdo1_250.png

maybe because Adele has more talented vocal chords and can convey raw emotion in her vocals

She's right though,but nobody ever b---hed about Adele writing about her exes? .-.

I did.

But there is a difference. She isn't b---hing about her, she's writing about her own heartbreak. The ex is an abstraction. 

TimisaMonster

Thing is....she's the one who blatantly made a career off people wondering who she'll date for a month and then release a new song about how horrible they were....why did you get with them in the first place then? She needs something else to talk about then EVERY SINGLE SONG being about her ex and how much she hates them and she's better than them now...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Not her biggest fan but I agree that she gets too much hate for dating and writing about her love life, and the nature of some of the comments I've seen (particularly those that slut-shame her) convinces me that she's right about it being a s-xist thing.

Redstreak

Thing is....she's the one who blatantly made a career off people wondering who she'll date for a month and then release a new song about how horrible they were....why did you get with them in the first place then? She needs something else to talk about then EVERY SINGLE SONG being about her ex and how much she hates them and she's better than them now...

You've listened to absolutely none of her material to make comments like this. She hasn't dated anyone in nearly two years and at the most she's had 5-6 serious relationships since making it big. She's written about breakups where they're to blame (Dear John), she's to blame (Back to December), she's written about critics (Mean), she's written about real world experiences (Innocent, Long Live), about being in love (State of Grace), her fame (The Lucky One), friends (22, Starlight), her family (The Best Day), self reflection (Never Grow Up), and where she wants to head in life non-romantically (Welcome to New York) so no EVERY SINGLE SONG is not about her ex and how much she hates them, is better then them  :coffee:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

You've listened to absolutely none of her material to make comments like this. She hasn't dated anyone in nearly two years and at the most she's had 5-6 serious relationships since making it big. She's written about breakups where they're to blame (Dear John), she's to blame (Back to December), she's written about critics (Mean), she's written about real world experiences (Innocent, Long Live), about being in love (State of Grace), her fame (The Lucky One), friends (22, Starlight), her family (The Best Day), self reflection (Never Grow Up), and where she wants to head in life non-romantically (Welcome to New York) so no EVERY SINGLE SONG is not about her ex and how much she hates them, is better then them  :coffee:

I'm just gonna snowball off you boo. She's also written about overcoming adversity (Change), adolescent depression/suicide (Tied Together With A Smile), cancer taking the life of a young child (Ronan), and let's not forget Safe & Sound and Eyes Open which were written from the perspective of the characters in THG. 

Redstreak

I'm just gonna snowball off you boo. She's also written about overcoming adversity (Change), adolescent depression/suicide (Tied Together With A Smile), cancer taking the life of a young child (Ronan), and let's not forget Safe & Sound and Eyes Open which were written from the perspective of the characters in THG. 

You are absolutely fab.

TimisaMonster

Yet, why is it she doesn't make more of THOSE songs the singles? :reductive:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Mean, Back to December and 22 were singles. Innocent was performed at the VMAs when it wasn't even her current single. State of Grace was released as a promo single and we obviously don't know the fate of Welcome to New York because it's from 1989.

change, back to december, mean, 22, ronan were singles btw.

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Redstreak

Back to December, Mean, 22, Long Live, Safe and Sound, State of Grace, Shake it Off, Change, and Fifteen were all singles :P

Archived