đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's interview with 'The Times'

Elizabeth

Featured Posts

Brainiac

Now if only the people who claim to practice this philosophy believed that. Don't tell me you honestly think the dictionary definition does justice to the entire movement.

I'm well aware that many feminists don't adhere to the dictionary definition of the movement. But that doesn't mean that others don't (including Gaga). Gaga obviously isn't a "man hater." She wants equality for all. (gender, s-xual orientation, race, etc.)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Loved this, a great read

And the thing about her being among SuBo and Avril Lavigne :flop:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

I really liked this interview, she seems more confident in her responses and not apologetic about the ARTPOP era. The part about Taylor is so adorable, I need to find myself a Taylor :giveup: 

Stefani328

I love this interview. Thanks for sharing.

The part about her and the other pop girls, I agree. When it comes to authenticity Gaga wins hands down.

Gaga and Taylor :legend:

Good interview and I like everything that she said, even about the other pop girls.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

SpaceAce

I completely understand that Gaga isn't like that. She is obviously one of the good ones, but there's no reason why she needs to be calling herself a feminist when her views have barely changed at all. Its an unnecessary and controversial title to put on something so basic and universal as equality. 

You don't know what feminism is.

Sure. There are many feminists who are radical and hateful, but they in no way define feminism. Feminism is not called "equalitism" or any other stupid word because it is focused on WOMEN'S ISSUES. There have been many notable feminists who've successfully argued that feminism includes "men's liberation", as men are also negatively affected by some of the same gender roles and s-xism that affect women. That being said, the movement is still focused on women's rights. So feminism isn't just about equality - it's about directly and actively diminishing misogyny in our society until we get to the point where woman are:

(off the top of my head)

- equally represented in government

- paid equally

- not raped every 6 minutes

- able to walk home alone at night without anticipating terror

- allowed to make decisions regarding their own bodies

- not verbally threatened for refusing s-xual advances

- not forced into marriage every 2 minutes

- not forced into prostitution

- judged on their abilities and not their looks

On the same scale, are these issues interchangeable with men's issues? I think not. Equality is the central theme in feminism but these are women's issues and they are rightfully labeled as such. Hence the name: feminism.

I haven't even mentioned honor killings, FGM, child brides, infanticide or disfigurment yet, have I?

P.S. I wouldn't call Maya Angelou a "stuck up sjw who thinks feminism means equality" outloud infront of anyone. They're going to assume you're either a terrible person or completely ignorant or both. I'm honestly embarassed for you.

Wow, she made a true but bold statement. She basically discredited all those other artists and dismissed them as inferior. Lol.

Yes. I'd rather not stan for some stuck up sjw who thinks feminism means equality.

The ignorance.

Ugh. Why can't she go back to her old views on feminism? Only thing I miss about the fame era her (other than, you know, having hit singles)
You want her to go back to being uneducated about feminism? :huh:

that IS what it means. The official definition of feminism is equality of the s-xes. :smh:
Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Levine

I can't believe the first reply is one of her fans saying he HATES when she says she is different from Miley freaking Cyrus and Katy freaking Perry!

Go stan for someone else!

Archived