Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga on C2C promo: "Every album will be like this now"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

Still though, the promo from C2C isn't exactly groundbreaking. I hope her management and team are better at promoting pop albums.

It's probably easier in the sense that it's all new solo Gaga material. I think since C2C is all covers it turns a lot of people off to the album itself and also would not generate as much interest since it is not remotely new and after thousands of renditions of these songs, even Gaga's take on them isn't going to be that different. She's essentially just selling something with her name on it now.

well regardless of whether they are more caring if her artistry or not its still a business u cant purposely run a loss her label woukd kill her!

A jazz album wont sell a tone so if u go above and beyond with promo on a jazz album its gonna cost more than ull get back. Considering its full potential this is actually a lot of promo. When was the last time a iazz album got this much promo and attention?

With a pop album or even a rock album (if she does indeed end up doing that) they have more financial budget for more promo :)

PopBitch

That's bull.  ARTPOP had more initial promo than other pop stars in big splashy performances.  It was a big event.  Applause had the Times Square video and performance, SNL, EMAs.   There was iTunes festival, VevoArtRave with the Flying dress and all the hype and streaming, opening to VMAs, GMA, Letterman,Howard Stern, the UK performances, on and on, Roseland closing performances.  That's historic getting those gigs for that place.  Something went wrong after, and I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle not all the label's fault, not all Gaga's.  The DWYW fiasco. She tends to blame everything on someone else and acts like there was no great promotion ever for this era.  A lot of money went into the G.U.Y. video.

Now she's comparing Cheek to Cheek to that like it is some brilliant promo.  She's doing performances and interviews just like she did for ARTPOP.

well regardless of whether they are more caring if her artistry or not its still a business u cant purposely run a loss her label woukd kill her!

A jazz album wont sell a tone so if u go above and beyond with promo on a jazz album its gonna cost more than ull get back. Considering its full potential this is actually a lot of promo. When was the last time a iazz album got this much promo and attention?

With a pop album or even a rock album (if she does indeed end up doing that) they have more financial budget for more promo :)

So true.  :toofunny:

The last jazz album I remember hype around was Tony's duets album, mainly because of Amy Winehouse. 

I think they have a decent promo lined up for this fall and winter- at least I hope. It'd be perfect for the time of year. I kind of wish they'd do a Christmas EP exclusive at Target or something. 

Hopefully her new management/team can handle a mainstream album. They have a lot to recover from. >.<

Whispering

So true.  :toofunny:

The last jazz album I remember hype around was Tony's duets album, mainly because of Amy Winehouse. 

I think they have a decent promo lined up for this fall and winter- at least I hope. It'd be perfect for the time of year. I kind of wish they'd do a Christmas EP exclusive at Target or something. 

Hopefully her new management/team can handle a mainstream album. They have a lot to recover from. >.<

I'm pretty sure Artist Nation can handle a mainstream album. :roll:

They manage Arcade Fire, Maroon 5, Jason Aldean, Pharrell, Shakira, U2, Madonna, and Jay Z, along with 200 other artists. I'm sure they have the resources to manage Gaga's next solo album with Interscope.

I'm pretty sure Artist Nation can handle a mainstream album. :roll:

They manage Arcade Fire, Maroon 5, Jason Aldean, Pharrell, Shakira, U2, Madonna, and Jay Z, along with 200 other artists. I'm sure they have the resources to manage Gaga's next solo album with Interscope.

Lost one argument so you try to start another? smh.

They do have a lot to recover from. Nothing inaccurate there. 

Ok but outside this board, I don't hear about Cheek to Cheek. So, I'm not sure what she's talking about.

And ARTPOP had decent promo until it was time for a second single.

Had DWUW been given proper treatment, the era would've stayed on track. That wasn't a promo issue. That was the label, Gaga and her management not all being on the same page. THAT'S the problem that should be fixed.

Whispering

Lost one argument so you try to start another? smh.

They do have a lot to recover from. Nothing inaccurate there. 

This is her new management team. They manage 200+ artists, many of them huge names. They have the personnel and the resources to successfully manage a mainstream album.

This is her new management team. They manage 200+ artists, many of them huge names. They have the personnel and the resources to successfully manage a mainstream album.

omg gurl, I get that, but it still will be a difficult task and will take a lot of work. 

Just because they can line things up for Gaga doesn't mean that she'll be back in good graces. 

Whispering

omg gurl, I get that, but it still will be a difficult task and will take a lot of work. 

Just because they can line things up for Gaga doesn't mean that she'll be back in good graces. 

Well, it always helps to have a management team as big as Artist Nation, with thousands of employees and resources all over the world. Any release of any album takes a lot of work. I'm sure a management team at this level is up to the task. ;)

Ok but outside this board, I don't hear about Cheek to Cheek. So, I'm not sure what she's talking about.

And ARTPOP had decent promo until it was time for a second single.

Had DWUW been given proper treatment, the era would've stayed on track. That wasn't a promo issue. That was the label, Gaga and her management not all being on the same page. THAT'S the problem that should be fixed.

That's the thing though, most people aren't going to care that much about a jazz album. Really, how many people do you know that actually listen to jazz? The promo is perfect for what this album is. It's not something that many people will listen to or care about unless they are fans of Gaga, Tony, or jazz. The fact is, if this is the promo her new management has put together for a jazz album that won't be very big in terms of GP popularity, just imagine what's gonna happen when she puts out her next solo pop album that people will know/care about.

And like you said, now her and the management will be on the same page, and Interscope will likely be too after all that's happened with ARTPOP. Things are looking very bright for her next album is all I'm saying. I have a lot of faith in Bobby after seeing what he's pulling off for a record that won't be as big as her solo albums.

Well, it always helps to have a management team as big as Artist Nation, with thousands of employees and resources all over the world. Any release of any album takes a lot of work. I'm sure a management team at this level is up to the task. ;)

If they're the ones who helped promote MDNA, I think it's understandable as to why I am hesitant. -.- It's not a walk in the park, Gaga really needs to work on her PR, even if it is just someone taking her phone away from her when she's drunk or high.

Archived