Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Song Was More Successful? Telephone vs Alejandro

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

Hello, I'm Katie and I'm addicted to Gaga's Chart Positions and Streams lol. So, before I even made my YT channel and started Gaga Daily, I use to think obviously Telephone was a bigger hit, everyone knows that, but when I'm doing these videos and researching, I've been thinking. Alejandro is one of her songs that spent the most weeks around the world on the  charts (besides Poker Face & Bad Romance). On my new video on Czech Republic it spent a total of 78 weeks, the most of any single on the chart and peaked at #1, while Telephone peaked at #9, less than 35 weeks on the chart. Alejandro's lowest peak in #11, in New Zealand, but Telephone lowest peak is #10, in the Netherlands, so about the same. Telephone peaked #1 in 17 countries, Alejandro peaked #1 in about 10, but Alejandro's longevity is still longer. Alejandro's music video has many more views, but Telephone sold more ww with 9 million copies and Alejandro with 5 million. In the US, Telephone peaked #3 and Alejandro #5, both spent the same weeks in the Top 10 with 7 weeks. Telephone spent 33 weeks in the Hot 100, but took longer to reach the Top 10 and Alejandro spent 23 weeks in the chart. Telephone is certified 3x Platinum and Alejandro is certified 2x Platinum.

***EDIT***

ALSO, SHE PERFORMED TELEPHONE AT THE SUPERBOWL AND AT CONCERTS PEOPLE GET MORE EXCITED SEEING TELEPHONE BEING SUNG, IT WAS LITERALLY SO QUIET AT MY 2 SHOWS AT THE JWT WHEN SHE SANG ALEJANDRO AND SUPER LOUD WHEN TELEPHONE CAME ON (my experience)

Discuss...

giphy.gif      vs        tumblr_olr4z3zvbo1qc5i9so1_500.gif

Personally, I still think Telephone (which I prefer lol), but idk Alejandro was a massive hit outside the US and Europe. While Telephone did peak higher, Alejandro has the most longevity.

Ryusei

I think Alejandro just because I still hear it on the radio from time to time and everyone knows the ale alejandro ale alejandro hook

Musery

FfFfFfFF

US-centered forums such as gagadaily don't really understand how big Alejandro was in Europe.

Alejandro is Gaga's third #1 in my country, but Telephone was pretty big too. Maybe (speaking of my country) they are on the same level but Alejandro is slightly bigger.

FRANK1991

IDK about GP but personally

Alejandro is the song that got me into Gaga tbh :legend:

When I heard it on the radio it sounds drastically different than anything I've heard on the radio at that time. Also I love Euro-pop.

The driver (my roommate) quickly changed the channel obviously he is not into any of that gay sh*t :awesome:but I was too curious so I asked "Was that Gaga?"

I went back home and quickly googled everything about her and listened to all her songs.

Here we are 8 years later :ohwell:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Reality

When I was younger, I heard Alejandro soooo many times on the radio, and honestly, I never heard Telephone, so I guess Alejandro. 

I also hear people quoting that song more than Telephone.

🃏🖤👹

PerfectCure

Alejandro was Lady Gaga's biggest hit where I live (and probably the last one as well :lmao:) so I guess that.

ryanripley

Telephone was no.1 here in the UK and Alejandro was no.7

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bolkins
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Telephone was no.1 here in the UK and Alejandro was no.7

I was going to say Telephone was very popular here in the UK, remember when Beyonce sang her verse and chorus at Glastonbury?

ryanripley
11 minutes ago, WohnJayne said:

I was going to say Telephone was very popular here in the UK, remember when Beyonce sang her verse and chorus at Glastonbury?

no :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

BornSimon

I am Italian and I live in Spain and I think I can speak for both countries: Alejandro was far bigger than Telephone. I mean realistically all of Gaga's songs were huge hits but Alejandro was a monster hit, probably up there with Poker Face and Bad Romance.

It's a classic, radio still plays it, and people sing it everytime they meet someone called Alejandro 😛

Rezzi Musta

Alejandro was HUGE in europe maybe her biggest hit in Balkans (where i live). Whenever I talk about her the first song people remember is Alejandro.

The Z

Well Alejandro does better in time, at least in Europe, like way better

In Europe, Gaga's biggest hits are Poker Face, Eh Eh, Paparazzi, Alejandro, Judas (Eh Eh and Judas at the time only, but they were HUGE) 

Archived