đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Remember how David Guetta didn't like the BTW album's production?

Chromatislaps

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps

I remember that there was this article or interview where David Guetta was asked what he thought of the BTW album production, and that he said he found it disappointing and thought he could improve it if he had worked on it. http://www.nme.com/news/music/lady-gaga-271-1257845  It's quite ironic that most of Guetta's work (even Titanium) from the late 00s - early 10s sounds really dated nowadays.

df166824b6_1461917336_Je-zou-je-behaarde

In hindsight, I feel that most of the BTW album's mash of genres and production style is still really refreshing, it still sounds fresh compared to other albums/song around that time. The fact that the BTW album didn't sound like anything we expected it to be, made its sound more memorable. In comparison to ARTPOP (which has a lot of my fave Gaga bops), BTW stands the test of time a lot better in terms of production: The mash between EDM/old school music and avant garde sound FX just feels more organic and more intricate than the vacuum packed layering of synths in ARTPOP. 

a43.gif

I just needed to say this, k thanks bye 

Sneaky Oliver

Well... no lies detected! God the DJs were so bitter about Gagas success back then 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Max Vandeburg

David Guetta is the most generic, basic and mediocre DJ ever. I take that as a compliment.

Born This Way is a masterpierce. Also, the album has aged well and continues to be acclaimed to this day (as opposed to his entire discography).

Saade Baena

the sound of btw was something unique at that time and is the oldest album of Gaga less dated.

While at David he seemed so excited about MTN's performance in the Grammy-nominated event

Florian
6 minutes ago, geopang said:

All of his songs sound the same though...

I guess you've explored 2 to 3 songs of his discography :toofunny:

His sounds change with every albums but whatever float your boat :)

River

I don't like his songs and productions, this is why I don't like Fashion! + it's with Will.I.Am so it made me dislike the song even more.

I blame him for changing the face of music into a more generic, basic and hits hungry era that we still live now.. like think about it, because of him songs like Closer are successful..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Space Cowboy

Whatever. Gaga is the reason EDM found it's place in the top 10 in the 21st century, Single-handedly. So let's not even take his opinion into consideration considering the fact that all of his material is repetitive and didn't take any risks.

geopang
5 minutes ago, Florian said:

I guess you've explored 2 to 3 songs of his discography :toofunny:

His sounds change with every albums but whatever float your boat :)

I actually have. I’ve listened to his stuff since he first started. His oldest work was the most original. Everything he has released in the past 5 years sounds the same.

rumours

I’d say half of the album is quite good. The other half either sounds very dated or isn’t that great 

DiscoHeaven23

Born This Way sounded nothing like anything else at the time. I'd say it's mostly because Dr.Luke didn't work on it, like he was on every other big pop girl at the time

The production showed no age. It's helped it age well. 

sipthistea

He did a good job on Fashion!. But I don't think his production would have benefited BTW in any particular way. 

Florian
12 minutes ago, River said:

I blame him for changing the face of music into a more generic, basic and hits hungry era that we still live now.. like think about it, because of him songs like Closer are successful..

While being ultra-commercial, his music has never been as bland as Closer :/ And even his "generic" music was interesting because he was the only one doing it. Then everyone jumped on the boat

10 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

Whatever. Gaga is the reason EDM found it's place in the top 10 in the 21st century, Single-handedly. So let's not even take his opinion into consideration considering the fact that all of his material is repetitive and didn't take any risks.

David Guetta had hits in Europe while Gaga was still doing demos with Rob Fusari :sweat: He's the one (with Bob Sinclar and Daft Punk) who made that kind of song mainstream in Europe. The Fame is pretty much inspired by what was happening in Europe at that time.

Gaga brought a more electronic approach when pop music was dominated by R&B sounds but David Guetta and his likes (and also the Black Eyed Peas) paved the way to the big EDM movement circa 2010, not Gaga.

7 minutes ago, geopang said:

I actually have. I’ve listened to his stuff since he first started. His oldest work was the most original. Everything he has released in the past 5 years sounds the same.

I do agree that his most interesting work was his debut (Just A Little More Love is the 2nd album I bought in my life and still my fave of him :flutter:).

However I disagree about his music sounding the same. The past 2 years alone : Flame, 2U, Mad Love, Dirty Sexy Money, Light My Body Up. They're all pretty different imo :shrug: And if we go farther, Listen sounds and tones have nothing to do with Nothing But The Beat.

We could argue that you can find some similarities WITHIN the albums, but even there it's only few songs, or few part of the songs (probably for a better flow and consistency like many albums) :shrug: 

Bradley

Oh David I'm glad you stayed away from Born This Way.

You would've made it a generic piece of work.

Archived