💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga a lyrical problem on Born This Way?

corvus albus

Featured Posts

corvus albus

I have the conversation here:

Anonymus asked:

So I wanted to ask you a question as a trans woman. I love Lady GaGa’s Born This Way, but I realized there might be a problem with a lyric in the song. Specifically the line “- cause God makes no mistakes.” Now if she’s simply referring to who you love not being a mistake, that’s okay. However, I’ve heard a lot of trans-folks say that they felt like they were born in the wrong body. Well if you have to have surgery to make your outsides match what you feel, isn’t that a mistake on God’s part? 🤔

Lily Orchard:

That’s a relatively complex, theological line of thinking that I’m guessing didn’t occur to Germanotta when she wrote the lyric, instead thinking the line would reinforce the idea that there’s nothing about you that needs fixing.

And that sentiment tends to be made to oppose the conservative idea that LGBT people need conversion therapy to not be LGBT anymore.

It’s not so much a problem lyric as it is getting a minor detail wrong. Still well meaning, and still overwhelmingly positive, and I get the feeling if you told her this in person she’d go “Huh… didn’t think of that.”

Dbp1DhtW0AIAK2P.jpg:large

I can't link the blog for some reason but you can search for her yourself too. Her name is Lily Orchard.

What do you think of this?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eighteen

i think the interpretation of BTW is be who you are and in that way god makes no mistakes. that's why she has what's his ass skeleton boy there. he tattooed himself but in gaga's eyes he was born this way, in other words, that's who he is. he wasn't literally born that way on the outside, but something unique inside drove him to come into himself. 

River

nah, it's the idea itself that something is so powerful that is making no mistakes and then you are stuck in this kind of loops and paradoxes..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ryanripley

that wasn't god's mistake, it's biology's mistake :trollga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

corvus albus
Just now, ryanripley said:

that wasn't god's mistake, it's biology's mistake :trollga: 

But for christians God made biology :huh:

ryanripley
Just now, corvus albus said:

But for christians God made biology :huh:

tbh a better critique of this lyric would be "if god makes no mistakes, why did Hitler happen?" :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DutchHooker

I am a 18 year old non-binary gender-fluid queer pansexual skinny-polytheist, who believes in multiple gods who are skinny, such as Mariah and Gaga, I also have no gender and switching gender at the same time, I am a pansexual, I love character, but in the mean time I don't like to label people, because I'm queer, but I have a very long lable, so I'm a paradox.

:trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

corvus albus
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

tbh a better critique of this lyric would be "if god makes no mistakes, why did Hitler happen?" :selena: 

Yep

corvus albus
Just now, DutchHooker said:

I am a 18 year old non-binary gender-fluid queer pansexual skinny-polytheist, who believes in multiple gods who are skinny, such as Mariah and Gaga, I also have no gender and switching gender at the same time, I am a pansexual, I love character, but in the mean time I don't like to label people, because I'm queer, but I have a very long lable, so I'm a paradox.

:trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga:

What the hell are you even. How do you function everyday :ladyhaha:

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

What the hell are you even. How do you function everyday :ladyhaha:

I am everything... and I does not exist, because 'I' means me and I'm not 'me', I can be everything, just as ARTPOP...

giphy.gif

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

elijahfan

Oh look, 7 years later, still more people that haven't understood a thing at the song's actual message and are taking it literally...

Moebius
48 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

:trollga: 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

I brought this up years ago on here and I got dragged to the pits

Now you can talk freely because the Monsters vanished :ladyhaha:

Archived