💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Miley Cyrus make a comeback?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Miley's latest album "Younger Now" was probably the biggest flop of 2017, even beating out Katy Perry's "Witness". It didn't go top 5 on BB200, it's lead single was only moderately successful and short lived and it's follow up was a major failure. The album did not receive a tour. This is despite a HEAVY promotional campaign that included her return to the VMA stage. 

The above has led some to believe that her Bangerz era was only successful because of the shock value and now that she no longer has that, her career is over. Others however believe that just like after her failed "Can't Be Tamed" era, she can return bigger then ever in a big comeback. Can she?

Mirrion Rizzons

she sure can, but she needs the right direction and GREAT promotion. She's still relevant, just not musically really,but that can change

heda97

Witness wasnt a flop pls 

Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

weed

Definitely. She's still extremely famous and talented, just depends on the sound and how she promotes it ig

I feel like people don't even know Younger Now exists, bc it wasn't like a controversial garbage album, just sold nothing

PerfectCure

She obviously can. The “good girl gone bad and then gone good again” image just didn’t really work. I’m really hoping she gets a successful era again though, she really deserves it!

When she makes a Bangerz 2.0 then yes

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

StrawberryBlond

I think she's blown her shot now. She could have gotten even bigger after Bangerz by remaining current and mainstream but she decided to release an experimental free album with very little promo and then go off in a wildly different direction that her fans didn't want. It's hard to believe that the whole Bangerz era was in 2013 and it was over by the time 2014 began. Its been over 4 years since then and she's not had as big a hit since. This is going to be very difficult to come back from. She's now no longer appealing to the market in which she reinvented herself for and her fans from the beginning have grown up and moved on now. I don't really know who she's going to aim to appeal to next time. When Malibu took off, it really surprised me and I thought, against all my earlier beliefs, that perhaps this girl really was going to be somewhat of legend and just keep coming back successfully, no matter how many times people told her that her career was over. But it looked like it was a bit of freak success and nothing more. Cutting off the album from any further singles and no tour sealed her fate. The fans  who did stick around aren't going to appreciate that.

Robo Ga
6 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She could have gotten even bigger after Bangerz by remaining current and mainstream but she decided to release an experimental free album with very little promo and then go off in a wildly different direction that her fans didn't want.

Sounds similar to someone we know  :stalkga: lmao

🤖⚡️

Inferno

As for anyone of her stature, she just has to make something cool to get back in good commercial graces. That being said, she got on the bad side of call out culture and I think its difficult for any little white girl to come back full force from that (i.e. Gaga knows). COC on social media go all out when it comes to female pop stars and they are not down for her in general, so if she does make a comeback I doubt shes getting their support. And their attacks do have an effect.

Like most artists, with the right song/sound and with support, they can come back. It won't happen now because urban is too big. But in the next 3 years or so she can hit with something like "Chandelier" which was unique and resonated with people. It most likely won't bring her back to 2013 level but would give her a cute hit, enough to start touring again.

Archived